Author Topic: KI-84  (Read 19913 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: KI-84
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2011, 12:35:24 PM »
But my question is: Why? You have a clear photo of how the real plane looked. You can see clearly, plain as day, it doesn't look anything like that. All the other planes on the line next to it, as well as similar planes in other units painted the same color, share none of these weathering traits.
Hes just having fun trying his hand. Plus it looks cool. Possibly it wont be accepted as an in-game skin, but who cares? Hes a big talent, im sure his next few skins will impress us even more.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2011, 02:51:56 PM »
Hes just having fun trying his hand. Plus it looks cool. Possibly it wont be accepted as an in-game skin, but who cares? Hes a big talent, im sure his next few skins will impress us even more.

nailed it right on the head, I was having fun.... :salute

your good :D

Krusty the plane I am doing as far as being in perfect shape, in the only photo of it that I have seen, I am sure it didn't stay that way long,so I plan on depicting it after many a sorties.Battle hardened.

I understand everything else you said, and appreciate the reply, but I was just having fun. :aok

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:36 PM »
Krusty...in reference to your last reply (#104)

I respectfully disagree with just about everything you said.

HTC said that skins must be "historically accurate". What exactly does that mean? I take it to mean that all markings must be real and come from a documented flight wing. Usually the proof is a photo or other type of historical documentation such as written descriptions by eyewitnesses or official government descriptions. Obviously this means we cant just make up an imaginary flight wing..it must have existed in real life.

I do not think HTC meant to totally remove the ability of the artist to depict the skin in his own artistic way.

Your definition of "historically accurate" and my definition of "historically accurate" differ by a significant amount.

You posted this image

This skin is exactly the thing we should try to avoid....although historically accurate it is quite boring from an artistic point of view. It may be historically accurate by your standard but has little artistic flare.

About the photographs - They are of poor quality. It is impossible to tell EXACTLY what kind of condition the planes were in. And IT DOESNT MATTER anyway....hell why don't we just make all planes look the same just like they rolled off the factory floor? Why put any weathering on the skin? Why does the plane have to look exactly like the only picture of it....why cant the artist impart his vision.

I argue that it is possible..in fact very possible that not ALL Japanese planes were maintained in perfect condition. We know that the Japanese were fanatical about maintenance. I do not dispute this.

It is also possible that a plane could re arm during combat having sustained combat damage such as bullet holes...mechanics may have opened the cowl of the engine to check it....oil may have been tracked on the wing by the mechanics giving the pilot water or food. These features would be left on the plane and perhaps removed later or perhaps not..maybe they just didn't have time to worry about that..maybe they needed to put more bullets and fuel in.

What if the plane hit tree branches or tall grass in a on the deck fight....maybe it belly landed on an island....was repaired on site and returned to its unit....would the plane not sustain things like deep scratches, dings, nicks. At the end of the war did they really have time or resources to fix insignificant damage?

The point is can we have some artistic lee way here for gods sake.

Some say the weathering is "overdone" some say it is not. But all agree that it looks bad arse.

Ink's vision was one of a plane that has been flown to its maximum in combat many times and is still flying...in Ink's words "battle hardened". I argue that it is not overdone...and in fact looks quite real....most definitly more real than any other skin.

Next think that will happen is he will make a skin that is "too new looking" too "shiny" ...."they never looked like that off the factory floor"....cant wait to get into that post.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »
Krusty, why are you busting his chops over this?    I think Ink has done an exceptional job.   Maybe the "weathering is overdone", but my God, it is most certainly unique and the last time I checked his Skin should be legit (minus the bullet holes).   

Nice job Ink.  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
Krusty, why are you busting his chops over this?    I think Ink has done an exceptional job.   Maybe the "weathering is overdone", but my God, it is most certainly unique and the last time I checked his Skin should be legit (minus the bullet holes).

What if I skinned Marseille's 109F in bare metal? It would look awesome, wouldn't it?

Or how about I did a B-17 in blue US Navy colors? Those are always popular colors.

How about I put burn marks from an engine fire all around the nose of a P-47, like it burst into flames at one point? Wicked, right?

Flaming skulls on an La7? Neon green flames? I know, an IL2 like this:

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »
Now you've done it, Krusty.  I can just hear the requests for that IL-2 skin now.

As far as flaming skulls on the LA-7, this is the art I've always thought would be most appropriate:

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
twisted metallllll!

and....I....must...have....th at....IL2 skin......
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »
What if I skinned Marseille's 109F in bare metal? It would look awesome, wouldn't it?
what would it look like? How did u skin it ingame?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »

Or how about I did a B-17 in blue US Navy colors? Those are always popular colors.

How about I put burn marks from an engine fire all around the nose of a P-47, like it burst into flames at one point? Wicked, right?

(Image removed from quote.)

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Quit exacerbating things. You're making a huge fuss and getting your panties in a wad over something awfully meaningless.

I've become tired of these antics, you're acting as a stubborn child would when he continues an argument with mom even
though he knows he's lost.

Quit stomping your feet Krusty, sheesh.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
Joe, your insight in the matter at hand is about as deep as a teaspoon. You don't know what you're talking about.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
Joe, your insight in the matter at hand is about as deep as a teaspoon. You don't know what you're talking about.

you DO know what you are talking about, which is why it is so sad to see you constantly naysaying EVERYTHING that isn't yours or your idea, right or wrong.  that being said, you are not the grand poobah of all things warbirds, no matter how thoroughly you have yourself convinced.   so please get off your high horse, maybe just this once?   

P.S. that IL2 skin is pretty wicked, historically accurate or not  :aok
-AoM-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »
No high horse here.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
You're arguing with Cliff Clavin guys. It's pointless and he'll never get past his ego enough to interact with people in a normal manner.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

wow dude and I thought there might be help for you...after this post it really shows how infantile you are.

no where did I custom change the original paint job yet you insinuate I did.

I am so done with you. seriously might as well put me on your ignore list.

Nice job Ink.  :salute

thank ya.

and Agent no way do I mind...you put it words way better then I ever could :rock

:salute

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »
This has been rather amusing to read.  :)