Author Topic: difference between ground help and bomb Tard  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
difference between ground help and bomb Tard
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:51:13 PM »
Iv been hearing many people posting in mixed forums about how Air support ruins a ground fight. Now, with all do respect its only natural for people to hate there enemy whom takes them down. With that being said theres a few thing i just want to make clear. The task i specialize and excell in game is not fighting, high alt bombing, or Gving although i do all the above from time to time. What i do is low/med alt bombing and air to ground support. The "gamiest" you will ever see me get is using a b25h and only to substitute a German anti tank plane that we don't have (not a wish). Most of the time i bomb on request and only if my my local country is OK with it. People in shemans are gonna want air support against panthers and tigers and specially now with the kingy coming. you will NEVER see me in lancs 1k up and carpet bombing you and your friends. You will NEVER see me intentionally drop more than a 1 500 (2 at most if i see its a bad drop) pounder on you at one time. I gv as much as i fly and i understand the frustration that comes with being bomb tarded. So to ALLL you gvers out there please don't mistaken US ground help guys for bomb tards  ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:04:06 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: difference between ground help and bomb Tard
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »
The issue is they have their own panthers and king-tigers up (or if they don't its their fault they're loosing the fight). When you bomb our heavy support, it makes us up planes and take yours out, or re-up taking the loss of the perks AND having them scream for you again.

If it wasn't bombs falling almost every time I up a panther, I could easily afford to drive them almost exclusivly. The big issue is you come back and KEEP killing the perk tanks. For the guys screaming for ordnance, its not about the actual fight, its about WINNING the fight. And if a lack of our perk tanks to contest THEIR perk tanks makes it easier, they'll keep asking for you to bomb us untill we stop upping.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:12:01 PM »
The issue is they have their own panthers and king-tigers up (or if they don't its their fault they're loosing the fight). When you bomb our heavy support, it makes us up planes and take yours out, or re-up taking the loss of the perks AND having them scream for you again.

If it wasn't bombs falling almost every time I up a panther, I could easily afford to drive them almost exclusivly. The big issue is you come back and KEEP killing the perk tanks. For the guys screaming for ordnance, its not about the actual fight, its about WINNING the fight. And if a lack of our perk tanks to contest THEIR perk tanks makes it easier, they'll keep asking for you to bomb us untill we stop upping.

Not gunna lie i was hoping you would reply to meet common goals. I would be fine with gvers losing less perks when bombed. But the still are built to be bombed.  :)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:19 PM »
GV'ers shouldn't loose ANY perks when they're bombed. A King Tiger is no greater threat and no more difficult to bomb than an M4. That being so, why should I loose perk points when you (an aircraft) drop bombs on me? Because I'm more threatening to GV's?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »
Tank-Ace,

For a guy just starting out and trying GVs, Fireflies, Panthers, Tigers, and soon King Tigers, all must be faced in a M3(75), M8, M4(75), T-34/76 or Panzer IV H.  Being at the bottom of the hill skillwise and being relegated to those GVs is a problem.  Imagine if new players were limited to Spitfire Mk Vs, Bf109F-4s, FM2s and A6M3s.  They'd get pretty frustrated with the Spitfire Mk XVIs, P-51Ds, La-7s, N1K2-Js, Bf109K-4s, Ki-84-Is and Fw190D-9s.

For my part, I prefer to shoot airplanes, but will sometimes offer some bombs if needed.  Flak Panzers are fair game at all times.

EDIT:

Tigers are much harder to kill with 500lb bombs than Panzer IVs are.  I have hit a Tiger with a 500lb bomb, the other landing ~10-15ft away, and gotten nothing more than an exclamation about how loud it was.  I imagine King Tigers will be even harder to kill.  1000lbers probably change that a bit.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:31:53 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:16 PM »
GV'ers shouldn't loose ANY perks when they're bombed. A King Tiger is no greater threat and no more difficult to bomb than an M4. That being so, why should I loose perk points when you (an aircraft) drop bombs on me? Because I'm more threatening to GV's?

your facts are a little off, it takes more than 500 to kill a tiger, 500 to kill a medium tank like a Sherman. I upped a p40e a while back, dropped my single 500 perfectly on a tiger turret. It ran home smoking. 

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:44:13 PM »
No more difficult to bomb, I said, not kill with a bomb. A tiger II is not any more difficult to aim a bomb at than an M4(75) is. That being so, why should I be penalized for dying in a perk tank, with the perk price being caluculated for GV vs GV combat?

If it was Aircraft vs GV, all the actual tanks would be perk free, and I don't care if you have an damn Maus, it would still be perk free.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
No more difficult to bomb, I said, not kill with a bomb. A tiger II is not any more difficult to aim a bomb at than an M4(75) is. That being so, why should I be penalized for dying in a perk tank, with the perk price being caluculated for GV vs GV combat?

If it was Aircraft vs GV, all the actual tanks would be perk free, and I don't care if you have an damn Maus, it would still be perk free.
It is harder because you have to be more accurate.  A hit with a 500lber that will kill a Panzer IV will just make a hole in the ground next to a Tiger.  You can kill Tiger's with 500lbers, I've done it, but it is harder than other tanks.

Saying it isn't any harder is BS and weakens your argument.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »
No more difficult to bomb, I said, not kill with a bomb. A tiger II is not any more difficult to aim a bomb at than an M4(75) is. That being so, why should I be penalized for dying in a perk tank, with the perk price being calculated for GV vs GV combat?

tiger ace i can appreciate your passion for gving. But bombing is a skill just like gving is a skill and we must respect both as such...

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 12:03:11 AM »
I'm not saying it isn't any harder to KILL a tiger with a bomb, I'm only saying that the actuall process of aiming the bomb is no more difficult.

And the difficulty of killing a Tiger with a bomb that you know is not the best weapon for killing a tiger is besides the point. You haven't answered why I should be penalized for dying to something that isn't calculated in the perk price? You can always grab a bigger bomb, but I can't just go grab a flack.

I myself am PHYSICLY HELPESS against you. I personaly can not do one single thing to stop you from grabbing a stuka and killing me. I have to rely on others to protect me. If you miss with the 1800kg bomb, it YOUR fault,  not someone elses. But if I get bombed, I physicly couldn't do one single thing to prevent it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:06:00 AM by Tank-Ace »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »
I know it is, I  myself am an exelent bomber. But the difference is my art can't kill your art. But your act can kill mine.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »
tiger ace i can appreciate your passion for gving. But bombing is a skill just like gving is a skill and we must respect both as such...
QFT
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 12:12:22 AM »
I just came back today to aces high so im pretty much like a pilot with one bad eye and the other beeing made of glass, but what i really like doing is to up a hurri D and role play as i help locating GVs and also trying to get 40mm bullets on some tanks to track them and such. it takes teamwork since after a while people start upping flakkers and there is pretty much nothing a hurri D can do against a flakk and also nothing but dance against enemy figthers. a lot of people do not like hurri D fling and killing tanks... i guess it is far to easy and im far to dumb to get it because for me it is really dificult haha im such a noob.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 12:25:30 AM »
Man I am really confused.

I thought you guys upped those perk tanks just for me to bomb.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member