Author Topic: difference between ground help and bomb Tard  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
Re: difference between ground help and bomb Tard
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
This is not true!!

You can kill ANY tank if you hit it directly with a bomb...even a 50kg small bomb from a zeek.

A 500 lb bomb will kill ANY tank if it hits within about 15 feet.

is was a while ago so your propbly right

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:42 PM »
So then pilots lose less perks when shot by a gv? lol

if by main gun, no

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
Honestly, I kinda back the reduction of GV icons.  However there is one drawback that not a lot of folks consider...I usually do not open up on an air con in my Wirbel until they are inside of 1k, that way that cannot get away.  So how much do you think folks will complain, when my Wirbelwind that they never saw, guts them from less than 1k away.  A whole new set of whines will ensue.  Funny how one complaint/game change leads to another...

I'm able to spot tanks before there icon comes up all there icon does is help me range them, so feel free to wish icons to pop at less range but since we have such diversity of tanks at a time(not only Sherman's against only panzer's) we still need to have icons to range and tell friend from foe
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:52:19 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 04:51:43 PM »
So then pilots lose less perks when shot by a gv? lol

Are you saying GV's can dodge bombs in the same manner that aircraft can avoid flying low enough to be shot?

As I've said before, a big issue is that pilots only die if THEY SCREW UP, and for no other reason. But tanks can be doing everything PERFECTLY and still die to bombs.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:53:43 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
Are you saying GV's can dodge bombs in the same manner that aircraft can avoid flying low enough to be shot?

As I've said before, a big issue is that pilots only die if THEY SCREW UP, and for no other reason. But tanks can be doing everything PERFECTLY and still die to bombs.

tank ace please don't take this the wrong way but i think you underestimate the potency of ack. Its almost what certainly neutralizes me when I'm doing ground support. I was able to kill a mission with a single flak when i shot down 6 P47S along with another buddy. just parked

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »

Ahh forgot that is not what you want us to do. GVs can dodge bombs.

I'm all for removing GVs from the game. It is after all Aces High.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:06:16 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
Shuffler, get off my ankle, and answer the question.

Skyguns, I'm talking about the suicide bombers. The ones willing to die just to screw you out of some perks. I've even seen a tempest used to suicide bomb an M4(75), just once and he was probably drunk as hell, but it happened  :rofl.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »

Skyguns, I'm talking about the suicide bombers. The ones willing to die just to screw you out of some perks. I've even seen a tempest used to suicide bomb an M4(75), just once and he was probably drunk as hell, but it happened  :rofl.

as long as tanks can shoot me from 2.5 k with a main gun (ask LTGOAT) then I'm all for "suicide" bombers

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »
Hey, I'm fine with some randomization in the shell's flight path. Especially HE. Being a tanker, I'm not going to ask for it and shoot myself in the foot, but I'm fine with it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 05:39:37 PM »

Skyguns, I'm talking about the suicide bombers. The ones willing to die just to screw you out of some perks. I've even seen a tempest used to suicide bomb an M4(75), just once and he was probably drunk as hell, but it happened  :rofl.

Your ankles are safe way down there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
Just answer the question. Can a tank dodge a 1000lb bomb, yes or no?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
Kinda, but honesty compels me to say your about as likely to dodge into it as away from it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
If you drive towards the divebomber sometimes that will force him to break off his run, miss, or lawndart.  sometimes...

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »

Yes
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »

POPPYCOCK!!!!  You have to have your tank under airspace occupied by enemy aircraft with bombs.  Therefore, you weren't "doing everything PERFECTLY".  Perhaps you should keep your GV's in the hanger, you'll be safer there, and you can even be entertained by the dancing troops if you like.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:33:28 PM by vNUCKS »
vNucks