Author Topic: difference between ground help and bomb Tard  (Read 2925 times)

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
Re: difference between ground help and bomb Tard
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »
The fundamental, and frankly the honest difference between "ground support" and "bomb tard", is whether you were the one dropping the bomb, or the one having the bomb dropped upon.  Any further complication, explanation, definition, or discussion is superfluous. Any attempt to make more of the issue is an insult to the intelligence of those you hope engage in dialogue, and you've insulted me!!!
vNucks

Offline Torcher

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »
I won't drop in the Tank Town sandbox and for the most part I won't drop if there is a relatively balanced tank slugfest going on elsewhere. That being said, spawn campers, end arounders and base rushers can expect a 1000# enema ASAMFP.

I never hear any complaints from the recipients. I've had 200 detuned for many years now. :neener:

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:31 AM »
The fundamental, and frankly the honest difference between "ground support" and "bomb tard", is whether you were the one dropping the bomb, or the one having the bomb dropped upon.  Any further complication, explanation, definition, or discussion is superfluous. Any attempt to make more of the issue is an insult to the intelligence of those you hope engage in dialogue, and you've insulted me!!!

AMEN, I had 4 flights of F100's dropping 500 lbers less than 500 feet from me and I considered it 'ground support'. I am sure the NVgooks considered it "tarding' as they died.  I for one said a prayer and mucho admiration  for the pilots as they missed me to lay their loads so close without hitting me.  So yes, it's a matter of opinion if you are the target or are benefitting from the help.
edit
I have a picture taken by the brigade photographer of one of the bombing runs but can't figure out how to upload from my drive to a post. I always thought the f4 and f100 were 2 of the greatest planes in the sky from a ground support view. The Skyraider for a prop acft. fully loaded made for quite a sight too.
Found how to get image, my company was in a paddy ditch just short of the treeline. The F100 runs flew directly over our position. You gotta admit thats a low run even with the retarder wings on the bombs, these guys were GOOD.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:59:52 AM by redcatcherb412 »
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
Not gunna lie i was hoping you would reply to meet common goals. I would be fine with gvers losing less perks when bombed. But the still are built to be bombed.  :)

So then pilots lose less perks when shot by a gv? lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
I love to bomb GVs in my P-47D-25.  :devil  And since i do not have good enough skills to get any other kills, got to kill something on the ground. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
I love to bomb GVs in my P-47D-25.  :devil  And since i do not have good enough skills to get any other kills, got to kill something on the ground. 

I help the GV'ers by killing trees. No way they can withstand my hulking 38 hitting them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
My apologies right off the bat, but I'll kill you on the ground and I'll kill you from the air if you have a red icon.  It is nothing personal, it's just good business.   :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
My apologies right off the bat, but I'll kill you on the ground and I'll kill you from the air if you have a red icon.  It is nothing personal, it's just good business.   :aok

I think this means "get rid of the red icon for GVs"   :aok

Hmm, I agree wastin!!  good thinking!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:24 AM »
I think this means "get rid of the red icon for GVs"   :aok

Hmm, I agree wastin!!  good thinking!

JUGgler

Honestly, I kinda back the reduction of GV icons.  However there is one drawback that not a lot of folks consider...I usually do not open up on an air con in my Wirbel until they are inside of 1k, that way that cannot get away.  So how much do you think folks will complain, when my Wirbelwind that they never saw, guts them from less than 1k away.  A whole new set of whines will ensue.  Funny how one complaint/game change leads to another...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
My only opinion is this.
When someone else pays for my account they can tell me to play any way they want me to. Untill such time. I'm blowing people up.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
My only opinion is this.
When someone else pays for my account they can tell me to play any way they want me to. Untill such time. I'm blowing people up.

This!
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »
Honestly, I kinda back the reduction of GV icons.  However there is one drawback that not a lot of folks consider...I usually do not open up on an air con in my Wirbel until they are inside of 1k, that way that cannot get away.  So how much do you think folks will complain, when my Wirbelwind that they never saw, guts them from less than 1k away.  A whole new set of whines will ensue.  Funny how one complaint/game change leads to another...

This is how it should be and WAS in RL!

Vehicles in hidden positions were extremely difficult to find, as well as AA placements were very dangerous to attack as well as to find.

Maybe icons should be visible ONLY when their engine is running or when they are moving!

I enjoy your wirblegawdness  :aok unless you are vulching a field I never have to deal with you   :aok 

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

Vehicles in hidden positions were extremely difficult to find, as well as AA placements were very dangerous to attack as well as to find.

Maybe icons should be visible ONLY when their engine is running or when they are moving!

I enjoy your wirblegawdness  :aok unless you are vulching a field I never have to deal with you   :aok  

JUGgler

Agreed. This would take away the free ride these bombers have, and force the planes up where they belong.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 01:15:36 PM »
They got obliterated IRL too.  Visibility may seem like overkill on your monitor, but my system is pretty good and GVs are very easy to miss without an icon.  I'd be willing to trade no icons on tanks for 3.0k icons on FLAKs, though.

Tanks are CAMOFLAUGED. In thick cover they were INVISIBLE FROM THE AIR. Its astounding how many think they could easily spot tanks from 4000ft up flying at 350mph while the tank is hidden in some trees. I guess the REAL pilots were just incompetent.

I'd be fine with the current icon range for flacks, but any other vehicle? Its just overkill.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »

I enjoy your wirblegawdness  :aok unless you are vulching a field I never have to deal with you   :aok 

JUGgler

Tanks are CAMOFLAUGED. In thick cover they were INVISIBLE FROM THE AIR. Its astounding how many think they could easily spot tanks from 4000ft up flying at 350mph while the tank is hidden in some trees. I guess the REAL pilots were just incompetent.

I'd be fine with the current icon range for flacks, but any other vehicle? Its just overkill.

I agree. There are a few things in this game that we can do that would be hard to achieve in real life.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group