Author Topic: difference between ground help and bomb Tard  (Read 2987 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: difference between ground help and bomb Tard
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
NEAHHH!!! wrong.

Wants:
undisturbed GV fight at dual spawns and spawns into GV bases
Ability to fight enemy perked tanks with perked tanks

Which is why we have a DA arena
or you could post in the "wishlist"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
I have, I've listed 3 ideas that could help with both of those. Of course the wishlist is more like the 'if you're ever not too busy, it would be really neat if you could add" list.

And it seems the HTC crew stays busy all the time. Great job by the way guys, wishes and whines aside, you've done a great job with Aces. I started back in Late '04, and I've seen this game come a long way.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:23:01 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:13 PM »
NEAHHH!!! wrong.

Wants:
undisturbed GV fight at dual spawns and spawns into GV bases some maps already have this.... wish granted
Ability to fight enemy perked tanks with perked tanks who's stopping you?... wish granted

And the reason everybody focus's on the perked rides is twofold.

1.  Their often the greatest threat in the fight, and eliminating them quickly is usually crucial to winning the fight.
2.  Just to hear the perk driver whine about how cheap/gamey/tardly their death was, and how the accompanying loss of perks isn't fair.

Reason #2 is my favorite reason  :lol
vNucks

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »

Just to hear the perk driver whine about how cheap/gamey/tardly their death was, and how the accompanying loss of perks isn't fair.
:rock

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »
Actually, I have never found a spawn where aircraft didn't intervene. Ever. Tank Town used to be a great place to do that, even there you would get the occational bomb****, but it was tolerable. Unfortunaly the old tank-town is dead.

wish number 2: bomb****s are stoping me. Say I get 1 or 2 hits on enemy panther. By then, I have the target ranged and I'm ready to pop him in the turret when I hear that malevolent whisle in the air.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2011, 11:54:35 PM »
Actually, I have never found a spawn where aircraft didn't intervene. Ever. Tank Town used to be a great place to do that, even there you would get the occational bomber, but it was tolerable. Unfortunaly the old tank-town is dead.

wish number 2: bombers are stoping me. Say I get 1 or 2 hits on enemy panther. By then, I have the target ranged and I'm ready to pop him in the turret when I hear that malevolent whisle in the air.

then you wished.. you had coountry mates that cares to defend you... cos the other guys's country mates do...  for all you know...  it was that enemy gv was the one calling for help to his mates to help him kill you...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
Just answer the question. Can a tank dodge a 1000lb bomb, yes or no?

Yes
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »

1.  Their often the greatest threat in the fight, and eliminating them quickly is usually crucial to winning the fight.
2.  Just to hear the perk driver whine about how cheap/gamey/tardly their death was, and how the accompanying loss of perks isn't fair.

Reason #2 is my favorite reason  :lol

Everyone in a fight has their choice in the hanger to choose from, If you took up a Panzer 4 and get nailed by a Panther, perhaps your inexperience says if your going into a tank battle bring a tank that can kill tanks if not learn better tactics then to bring back Lancasters to carpet bomb one perk tank.

If you get picked by a Tempest flying a P-40 well your strategy and choice of ride was the mistake, attributed to the inexperience, however in this case its not likely you will come back and face that tempest again, however as most players do - when they die to a perk tank they simply bring back those Lancasters rather then learn from experience and use better tactics.

As my motto goes - if your going to Tank, bring a Tank to kill a Tank. If you are so worried about losing Perks then perhaps don't up a Perked tank.

JG 52

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »
Ok, people.  I've been following these threads along with some others, and I do believe I have come up with the perfect solution for this problem, as well as a couple others that people have with game play.

The main issue I see in the game is that people are getting their vehicle killed in ways that they find unacceptable.  In GVs, they get bombed with no way of retaliation or defending themselves unless they have help, and we can't have that.  In airplanes, people get killed in a myriad of ways they deem unacceptable, be it puffy ack, HO's, gangs, ground fire, or any other of a number of things.

I believe I've got a very simple solution that will allow people to enjoy their gameplay and not have to worry about getting killed in ways they find unfair.

Implement a dot command called '.homefree'.  When your vehicle takes damage in a way you deem to be unfair, you have ten seconds to type the .homefree command to repair the damage.  No perk cost, no nothing, it's like the damage never happened.

Think of the gameplay nirvana we would enter into with such a thing!  No more fear of people dropping bombs on poor, hapless undefended GVs.  No more living in constant fear of HO's in the arenas.  No more death by getting picked by a guy you didn't see when you were in a 1v1 duel...

Truly a paradise, people.

Hmm... Maybe I should move this to the wishlist.

You GV guys need to get over yourselves, figure out a way around it, or start up tank town again.  There seems to be enough of you pining for it, why not start using the TTs that are already there?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:49 AM »
New idea for GV spawning. Would love to get some input from Butcher, Hooter, Belial, DR7 and the other frequent Tankers.  :salute

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,317299.0.html
Who is John Galt?

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
This thread makes me want to spin the prop on my JUG when I get home.  Tiggers, Panties and Shermies beware!
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
Has anybody suggested you pork ords at surrounding bases before engaging in a tank battle?  It works you know...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:47 PM »
Has anybody suggested you pork ords at surrounding bases before engaging in a tank battle?  It works you know...

well that WOULD be the easiest way to handle it, but then they couldn't come in here and complain about it. Probally the same person that would roll a tank onto a AF killing planes and whine when he gets killed by a Tank that ups.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:08:37 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
well that WOULD be the easiest way to handle it, but then they couldn't come in here and complain about it. Probally the same person that would roll a tank onto a AF killing planes and whine when he gets killed by a Tank that ups.

No no no... it's because that would mean they'd have to fly a plane before they can engage in their tank battle.  They don't want to fly planes, they want to drive tanks, alone and unmolested, without anything other than other tanks having an effect on them while they're free to have an effect on the rest of the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
Has anybody suggested you pork ords at surrounding bases before engaging in a tank battle?  It works you know...

LOL!!! Obviously I check on ord bunkers before I up my tiger or panther  :rolleyes:. If you don't, you're missing a pretty obvious (and effective in the short-term) trick. But the issue is that there are often multiple bases within reasonable distance to carry ord from. And unless squadies are on, getting ALL the ordnance down in a timely fashion is no small task.