Author Topic: Why horde?  (Read 11537 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Why horde?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
Some of the people on this forum astound me. Nothing but a bunch of "aces" that think they know everything and that their way to play the game is the only correct way. You "aces" drive people away cause you argue with others to try to convince them that your way is the only way. You people are pathetic! If people like to fly in hordes then let them and don't try to convince them that they have no skill cause they fly in a "horde". Geez, if people like to make ho shots then their going to make them. No it doesn't mean that their not skilled, it means that you failed to maneuver to avoid the ho shot. You people on here are the real whiners. You few that have to try and prove to everyone that they have no skill, play the game wrong, and flying with a mission is a horde, are the truly pathetic people. Why does it matter is a pilot is "trained" or not? If they don't want to be you cant force them. It's their $15. Go ahead and start the flaming.

Lol, no, us skilled players (ie, those of us that don't need 15 extra buddies to back us up, or carrying ord incase we miss) are just saying that, if you take the time to learn (yeah, I knok, terrifying  :rolleyes:), you'll have more fun.

This is true because:
1) you can fight in more situations (eg, when you don't have a numbers advantage) and still hold your own

2) you can still fly with the horde if you want to

3) you'll be more effective in the horde

4) you can watch nooblets run from you, which is, frankly, funny as hell.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »
Some of the people on this forum astound me. Nothing but a bunch of "aces" that think they know everything and that their way to play the game is the only correct way. You "aces" drive people away cause you argue with others to try to convince them that your way is the only way. You people are pathetic! If people like to fly in hordes then let them and don't try to convince them that they have no skill cause they fly in a "horde". Geez, if people like to make ho shots then their going to make them. No it doesn't mean that their not skilled, it means that you failed to maneuver to avoid the ho shot. You people on here are the real whiners. You few that have to try and prove to everyone that they have no skill, play the game wrong, and flying with a mission is a horde, are the truly pathetic people. Why does it matter is a pilot is "trained" or not? If they don't want to be you cant force them. It's their $15. Go ahead and start the flaming.

OK, answer me this. Why join a race team if your always going to hide at the back of the pack and never try to win? Why join a football team if every time anyone else comes near you you drop the ball and run the other way? Why buy the best baseball bat and then pull it out of the path of the pitches because you don't want to mark it up?

Why pay $15 a month to avoid fights, never try to get better at bombing or fighting (because you have 20 buddies to cover your suckage) in a game designed around combat and competition?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 03:44:21 PM »
OK, answer me this. Why join a race team if your always going to hide at the back of the pack and never try to win? Why join a football team if every time anyone else comes near you you drop the ball and run the other way? Why buy the best baseball bat and then pull it out of the path of the pitches because you don't want to mark it up?

Why pay $15 a month to avoid fights, never try to get better at bombing or fighting (because you have 20 buddies to cover your suckage) in a game designed around combat and competition?

Fugi i hate to say it but your searching for a answer that will never come... in this game some are leaders, some are followers i think they follow.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »
lol and don't forget to blame the lack of defense on the attackers.  Blame a failed defense on ho shots and unfair whatnots. 

If you're in a horde and I'm in it too, go ahead and blame failing to take the base on spies, then expect to get squelched by me.  Don't even consider the fact that they may have mounted a good defense or that the offense wasn't up to par on tactics or execution.

Dogfights make the game fun.  Jaw'gfights produce nothing worthwhile.  Just ask anyone who's been stuck between **dway and **rannis.  If you insist on turning to a debate to decide who the real winner actually was, don't try and drag the whole community into your hemisphere of bulls**t.

<S> those who don't cry foul at the drop of a red flag in town, or the drop of an entire mission over an enemy field.

I don't blame the hordes/attackers for the weak defense, but I do blame them for stifling the fun in the arenas. Instead of having 3 or 4 good fights along each front with people battling hard back and forth we get the Bish horde sneaking a base on the Rook front while the Rook horde is sneaking one from the Knights, as the Knit horde is grabbing one from the Bish. :rolleyes:

Fugi i hate to say it but your searching for a answer that will never come... in this game some are leaders, some are followers i think they follow.

Agreed, but if some of the "leaders" started leading them into defensive missions instead of always looking to attack we would get more battles, which to me is where the fun is.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
I don't blame the hordes/attackers for the weak defense, but I do blame them for stifling the fun in the arenas. Instead of having 3 or 4 good fights along each front with people battling hard back and forth we get the Bish horde sneaking a base on the Rook front while the Rook horde is sneaking one from the Knights, as the Knit horde is grabbing one from the Bish. :rolleyes:

Agreed, but if some of the "leaders" started leading them into defensive missions instead of always looking to attack we would get more battles, which to me is where the fun is.

now you have to paint a cartoon about yourself  ;)

you can't change the main!

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

The establishment of horde is here, and it is fine. The game would be less fun without horde. Now the game would be more fun with a defense motivator!
 lets figure it out!

JUGgler

how can you motivate somebody to defend if as you guys say time and time again, it is silly to be loyal to a chesspiece so in your context who cares if the base is taken or not as I wont really be here for long.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »
how can you motivate somebody to defend if as you guys say time and time again, it is silly to be loyal to a chesspiece so in your context who cares if the base is taken or not as I wont really be here for long.

semp

Well this is a fairly good point, but I'll say whether I'm bish, knit or rook I try to prevent the base I'm at from being captured. I would also say any squadie in proximity is doing the same. You see I might go to the tower 20 times or more during a capture attempt, in the end if the you give up on the capture then the last laugh is mine and everyone knows it  :aok So you see there is a little motivation albeit mainly for dorks like me. Now make it so defenders don't have to visit the tower 20 times to defend and more will defend! or "counter attack" as I've suggested before!

Again I am all for the hordes, I think they are healthy and the "new norm". What is not "community healthy" is the relative lack of challenge to the hordes!

Make bases easier to take, raise the minimum radar alt back to 200' and you will have less hording to capture bases. There will be more N.O.E. but squads "as they did in the past" will be more inclined to try and capture bases within their own "squad mission" without involving the "community tag alongs" that currently swell base taking ranks mission #s to obsene sizes.

OR

Have a delay from the moment that 10 troops enter the map room before the base actually changes hands so you guys will have to modestly defend you potential prize for a little while!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »

Lol, no, us skilled players (ie, those of us that don't need 15 extra buddies to back us up, or carrying ord incase we miss) are just saying that, if you take the time to learn (yeah, I knok, terrifying  :rolleyes:), you'll have more fun.

This is true because:
1) you can fight in more situations (eg, when you don't have a numbers advantage) and still hold your own

2) you can still fly with the horde if you want to

3) you'll be more effective in the horde

4) you can watch nooblets run from you, which is, frankly, funny as hell.

You act like i just started playing this game. Iv been here for awhile. I can hold my own in the skies. Not all people want to go about and try to be the "hero" or the "one man army". Maybe we enjoy being able to fly with our squaddies. And yes, they are there for back up, that's what they are supposed to do. THEY ARE YOUR WINGMAN!
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »

A squadron consists of many members. Within those members there are wingmen. I know you know what wingmen do. We dont avoid fights. Show me proof that we do. We usually are attacking a base, therefore that would not be avoiding, it would be penetrating the enemy line (which is moving into) to try and take a base.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
Flying alone in a small fight (5v5 say) isn't even remotely close to trying to play the hero. If you stood up to 15 on your own for the purpose of trying to look cool, yeah, that would be playing the hero.

Saying that 14 other people are your wingmen is REALLY streching a point. 4, maybe 5, I could see. But 15 is just you trying to go for a capture (and with you guys, its not even an easy capture. thats beyond your reach).
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
Flying alone in a small fight (5v5 say) isn't even remotely close to trying to play the hero. If you stood up to 15 on your own for the purpose of trying to look cool, yeah, that would be playing the hero.

Saying that 14 other people are your wingmen is REALLY streching a point. 4, maybe 5, I could see. But 15 is just you trying to go for a capture (and with you guys, its not even an easy capture. thats beyond your reach).

i find that hard to believe. Most people get us confused with chewies uncoordinated spur of the moment attacks.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »
While i pretty much cant stand the way the v-dudes are flying and playing the game, they are FAR from being the worst.
Except that ominose vTARD (couse he is a real tard) they will never try to insult you. Also they never try to vulch in tempests/c-hogs as a commonly beloved squad does as their daily routine.

Other question that destroying all the hangars only not to meet any opponent then take a practically undefended base would never ever could give me any fun... yea thats pretty low in my dictionary, but thats just me.

Let me offer something: if any vdude would like to became an uber fighter pilot, contact me, i will try to help him in improving. I know i got serious lingual disadvantages, still i will try as i can.
Couse bashing them for not knowing how to fight is one thing... Doing something to change it is an other.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
Well then all I can say is that a lot of alchies must have been masquerading as v-twits, because  I remember something like 4 or 5 of suprise horde attacks that got smashed (and I mean smashed) by a significantly smaller group of defenders.

I got something like 8 kills in my Panther on players with a "v" infront of their name in under 2 minutes. Fighter-bomber hordes...... well lets just say that the base wasn't ever capped and hangers were never destroyed.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »
15- 20 to players is a horde mission? when the opposing side has 130 more or less players :headscratch do you think in real live we wouldn't horde the enemy
not because we lack skill but a better chance of winning the war
and staying alive.this game is suppose to be realistic?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
15- 20 to players is a horde mission? when the opposing side has 130 more or less players :headscratch do you think in real live we wouldn't horde the enemy
not because we lack skill but a better chance of winning the war
and staying alive.this game is suppose to be realistic?

thats the way i look at it, but somehow its a horde. we usually only operate with 7-10 playes, but it seems to be a horde. Im still waiting on the definition of what a horde really is. From what i can tell ifs its more than a 1v1 then its a horde  :aok