Author Topic: Lack of Interest in Japanese avation  (Read 4733 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: Lack of Interest in Japanese avation
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »
"Italy was a minor player in comparison to the big five.  If their planeset were as large as Russia's they would be very well covered."

A couple of balls !!!

We don't speak about quantity but about sim experience.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »
Every country has its wishlist, its not just one country its New Countries all of them...

Boomerang from Australia
IAR.80 from Romania
D.520 from France
Beaufighter from Australia
Plz26 from Poland

:aok
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »
       When a new Japanese plane is suggested legions of people line up to say:  "what a waste of time it would be" ...or "it would be a hanger queen" or the one that irks me most ..."it would not revolutionize the MA"  
         I guess it just seems odd to me that there is no interest in Japanese planes.  Even more puzzling is how strongly players oppose HTC making more Japanese planes.  
Helm ...out    

Funny but I searched for these legions you spoke of and found several people with interest in Japenese Aircraft.  :headscratch:   
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,329073.0.html http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,316276.0.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:04:56 PM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »
"Italy was a minor player in comparison to the big five.  If their planeset were as large as Russia's they would be very well covered."

A couple of balls !!!

We don't speak about quantity but about sim experience.

:salute

lulu why not just say what you want to say instead of letting other people try to figure out what you mean?  notice in your threads you always throw a vague statement.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
lulu why not just say what you want to say instead of letting other people try to figure out what you mean?  notice in your threads you always throw a vague statement.

semp
Prolly because he is from a different country and English is not a 1st language?

My Guess,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
My "Japanese wishlist":

B6N2 - carrier torpedo bomber/level bomber, replacement for the B5N2
B7A2 - carrier torpedo bomber/level bomber, replacement for the B6N2, all carriers lost before it entered service
D4Y1 - carrier dive bomber, replacement for the D3A, fastest dive bomber of WWII
H8K2 - well protected high performance flying boat, patrol aircraft/bomber/torpedo bomber
J2M3 and J2M5 - interceptor with good climb and decent speed
Ki-43-I, Ki-43-II and Ki-43-III - most common IJA fighter, lightly armed and built but extremely maneuverable
Ki-44-II - Moderately armed interceptor with good climb and decent speed
Ki-45 - twin engined fighter of modest capability
Ki-61-I-Ko - early version of the Ki-61 with four 12.7mm guns and better turning ability
Ki-61-II - late version of the Ki-61, faster, more ammo, cut down rear fuselage
Ki-84-I-Otsu - Ki-84 with four 20mm cannons and perhaps a slightly more powerful engine, might be a light perk plane
Ki-100 - Ki-61-II airframe with a radial engine, slower, better climb
Ki-102 - twin engined attack aircraft with decent performance and some larger guns
N1K1 - float plane fighter
N1K1-J - land based interceptor based on the float plane fighter, a bit lower performance and much less ammo than the N1K2-J
P1Y1 - bomber/torpedo bomber with good performance and the ability to carry two 500kg bombs which would make it very useful for a Japanese bomber

I fly the K-84 quite a lot, and wouldn't mind trying a 4 cannon variant myself.  The Ki-100 I am always a +1 on, and the J2M would be nice as well.
I have always wanted an a better Japanese attack plane - The D4Y1 would be a nice addition as well +1.
After that, they can bring me the B6N - but I'd hope they do something about the balancing the torpedo system first (otherwise it would be a waste).
Early war Ki-27, 43, 44 would be wonderful for scenarios, but I don't think they would get much MA time.
P1Y1 would seem to fit the same role as the Ki-67, and I would only be in favor of floatplanes if they were enabled at ports. 

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
P1Y1 would seem to fit the same role as the Ki-67,
A formation of P1Y1s could take out two hangars in one pass.  Try to do that with Ki-67s.  There were also more P1Y1s built than Ki-67s.  The only other Japanese bomber that could do that would be the H8K2 which could carry eight 250kg bombs or two 1500kg bombs.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vanya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
I would say that the problem goes just as much, if not doubly so, for Soviet aviation, minus the popularity of the La7 and Il2 for obvious reasons.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »
I think there are some big historical holes in the planeset, the fixation on late war monster planes confuses and to a certain extent frustrates me.  A sizable portion of the AH community seems locked in it's own little arms race "they got the king-tiger so now we need the pershing!".  I wonder what will happen when we run out of 1945 planes and tanks?  There are huge gaps from models that historically played a major role in the war, the argument that they won't see massive usage in the late war arena just doesn't hold a lot of water for me.  If there is going to be a another late war addition I think a Japanese attack  plane would be a great choice, something like the D4Y1.  

My top 3 in no particular order would have to be

Ki-43
He-111
Beaufighter

I'd also love to see something like a Pe-2, or another early/mid war VVS aircraft, and/or British tank.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »
There are a couple of groups in AH in the airplane voting:  those who want what will be the highest-performance plane in the list and those who want it because of its historical significance.  The later group actually is not small.  If you look at past voting, we got a B-25 and a P-39 instead of various higher performance planes, and in the recent voting where the Me 410 won, the Ki-43 did quite well; and HTC adds some planes independent of voting (Brewster, I-16, Betty).

Also, planes of historical significance (independent of how great they compare to the best 1945 aircraft) are used a great deal in special events.

So, things are actually in good shape -- do not fret! :)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
Brooke,

Were the P-39 and B-25 up against anything that was both high performance and American?  If not, I don't think you can assign their shared victory to being voted for by the guys who favor history over power, but rather to the guys who vote American/recognizable over not American/don't know what it is.

Still, was good to see the final of the last vote was between the Me410 and Yak-3 and not the Meteor Mk III.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
There's not much left that is high peformance and American and not already in the game.  There were high-performance planes in the mix (certainly higher performance than the B-25 and P-39), but I don't remember the list.  It might still exist here on the BB, but my couple of attempts at a search didn't find anything.  I do remember that the Pe-2 did reasonably well in the voting, which couldn't happen unless there were a substantial base of folks out there who want planes that were historically significant regardless of ueberness.

Brooke,

Were the P-39 and B-25 up against anything that was both high performance and American?  If not, I don't think you can assign their shared victory to being voted for by the guys who favor history over power, but rather to the guys who vote American/recognizable over not American/don't know what it is.

Still, was good to see the final of the last vote was between the Me410 and Yak-3 and not the Meteor Mk III.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
I wouldn't be caught dead in a Japanese ride.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »
I don't know much about Japanese aviation, but the Ki series seems to be great, More of those would be nice. Love the Ki84!
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
I wouldn't be caught dead in a Japanese ride.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a german ride.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)