Author Topic: Colorado Gun Demand Jumps 41%  (Read 11273 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Colorado Gun Demand Jumps 41%
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
I read somewhere that the frontier didnt look like cowboy movies with shootouts all the time because bullets cost like $10 each and almost everyone was in abject poverty ...

This isn't correct... A typical Colt revolver sold for $12 in 1870, and $13.50 in 1875. Indeed, you could buy a double barrel shotgun from Sears for under $14. Ammunition was very inexpensive by today's standard. A box of 44/40 cartridges typically sold for about $2 (50 rounds). Two dollars was a significant amount back then, when earnings may not exceed $30 a month.

Shootouts were mostly confined to saloons and drunks, and generally confined to seasonal cattle drives and those who moved the cattle. Young men with little sense, money to burn and little to no concept of acceptable social behavior. Violence in major eastern cities was usually more common than in the west.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:22:48 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #556 on: August 24, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »
I think this thread is pretty much done at this point and the major actors in it  are about to just start talking in circles and rehasing the same points , so i give you TITS!

HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #557 on: August 24, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
Silat It is a inconvenient truth that every country, state county city in which strict gun bans are instituted, violent crime dramatically increases, period. The emotional crowd doesn't like facts or Proof, they can't understand information that is not based on gooshie, touchie, feelie emotions, but you can't argue(Effectively) with proof, but I would advise you neighbors to get a sign in their yards... :neener:

PS Natalie60 Nice tits... :ahand
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:49:49 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #558 on: August 24, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
Silat It is a inconvenient truth that every country, state county city in which strict gun bans are instituted, violent crime dramatically increases, period. The emotional crowd doesn't like facts or Proof, they can't understand information that is not based on gooshie, touchie, feelie emotions, but you can't argue(Effectively) with proof, but I would advise you neighbors to get a sign in their yards... :neener:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yup that's why Massachusetts has the lowest gun death rates in the USA and Louisiana has the highest.
http://www.vpc.org/press/1204death.htm
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #559 on: August 24, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
Yup that's why Massachusetts has the lowest gun death rates in the USA and Louisiana has the highest.
http://www.vpc.org/press/1204death.htm

No it's because they cook the books in Massachusetts, if you remove all accidental deaths wow that's kinda sneaky. I'm not going to surrender my firearms because some dip stick didn't use fafe methods...Oh lets outllaw cars because of teeage racers & DWI's... :huh  :ahand , plus they're all Cho-Mo's in Mass & the judges let Ch-Mo's outa jail early. There must not be any laws in Mass, so no one can legally get shot for breaking the law 'cause there isn't any. Hmmm   :noid
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:59:20 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #560 on: August 24, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

that sign is hilarious :rofl

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #561 on: August 24, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »
No it's because they cook the books in Massachusetts, if you remove all accidental deaths wow that's kinda sneaky. I'm not going to surrender my firearms because some dip stick didn't use fafe methods...Oh lets outllaw cars because of teeage racers & DWI's... :huh  :ahand , plus they're all Cho-Mo's in Mass & the judges let Ch-Mo's outa jail early. There must not be any laws in Mass, so no one can legally get shot for breaking the law 'cause there isn't any. Hmmm   :noid

Hmm so I guess the people in..
Louisiana--Rank: 1; Household Gun Ownership: 45.6 percent; Gun Death Rate: 18.03 per 100,000.
Wyoming--Rank: 2; Household Gun Ownership: 62.8 percent; Gun Death Rate: 17.64 per 100,000.
Alabama--Rank: 3; Household Gun Ownership: 57.2 percent; Gun Death Rate: 17.63 per 100,000.
Montana--Rank: 4; Household Gun Ownership: 61.4 percent; Gun Death Rate: 17.03 per 100,000.
Mississippi--Rank: 5; Household Gun Ownership: 54.3 percent; Gun Death Rate: 16.50 per 100,000.

need better firearm training...

All this talk of cooking books makes me wanna cook some pies... Zack want some pie?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:12 AM »
Suitable John Wayne quotes. Some from interviews, others from movies.... Just a few.

Interview:

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.”

Films:

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

“Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all… your fault, my fault, nobody’s fault… it don’t matter… I’m gonna blow your head off. It’s as simple as that.”

“Well, son, since you haven’t learned to respect your elders, it’s time you learned to respect your betters.”

"Lifes tough, but its tougher when you’re stupid."

dont forget this one from an interview with playboy:

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or ten generations ago these people were slaves”, in a 1971 interview with Playboy magazine.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »
Blah John Wayne quotes.. Give us some Chuck Norris quotes that matter  :rock
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:18:09 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »
Blah John Wayne quotes.. Give us some Chuck Norris quotes that matter  :rock

once fugitive tried to draw a cartoon about chuck norris.  when fugitive woke a week later he gave us an excuse for no cartoon due to him being on vacation.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »
dont forget this one from an interview with playboy:

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or ten generations ago these people were slaves”, in a 1971 interview with Playboy magazine.

semp

Common in 71. Why should anyone in that time or today feel guilty. Folks in 71 and today had nothing to do with it.If anything they were brought to America for their service. Now their decendants live here instead of over there.... lucky for them. Back when slaves were being bought and brought over... many of the Africans were the ones selling the folks into slavery.

Today if anyone (white, black, brown, yellow, red, or green) passes on education they can plan on being slaves and a burden on the productive community.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
so for places like the empire state building, courthouses, that colorado theatre etc. where you cant take a gun in, can you check in your weapon for secure storage until you leave?

sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to understand the practicalities :)

Every time I have gone to the Montgomery County, Pennsylvania courthouse, I have checked-in my weapon and so has my wife.  I cannot speak for New York residents, Texans or any other place.

EDIT:

In PA, signs on businesses that prohibit firearms do not carry the weight of the law
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:06:22 AM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »
Common in 71. Why should anyone in that time or today feel guilty. Folks in 71 and today had nothing to do with it.If anything they were brought to America for their service. Now their decendants live here instead of over there.... lucky for them. Back when slaves were being bought and brought over... many of the Africans were the ones selling the folks into slavery.

Today if anyone (white, black, brown, yellow, red, or green) passes on education they can plan on being slaves and a burden on the productive community.

but the thing is that this isnt about you or me or his descendents or who sold what into slavery.  this is about somebody who a lot of people believe was the incarnation of everything that is good and just.  I am just pointing out that although he wasnt an evil person, he actually wasnt a righteous one either.   somebody researched what was the reason he declined the role in "the defiant ones".

I grew up watching the duke and although I admire him for his roles in movies, I know that in real life that's not how he was and he never changed his beliefs.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
but the thing is that this isnt about you or me or his descendents or who sold what into slavery.  this is about somebody who a lot of people believe was the incarnation of everything that is good and just.  I am just pointing out that although he wasnt an evil person, he actually wasnt a righteous one either.   somebody researched what was the reason he declined the role in "the defiant ones".

I grew up watching the duke and although I admire him for his roles in movies, I know that in real life that's not how he was and he never changed his beliefs.

semp

That was my point..... what was to change. What he said stands for every color. He was only asked about one color.

You have to see it in context.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
That was my point..... what was to change. What he said stands for every color. He was only asked about one color.

You have to see it in context.

ok let me see in context:  he believed that whites were superior to blacks and that blacks were just a bunch of uneducated people?  really?, no blacks were educated back then?  or please explain which "context" you are talking about.

semp