Author Topic: Planes in LW vs. Respect  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Planes in LW vs. Respect
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
Guys,

When I see a Spit16 or LA7 land 3+ kills I sometimes think to my self "you better get that many in that plane".  I mean come on!  On the other side of things though, which planes do you feel in the LW arena are the most difficult to get kills in?

Thanks,

Slade  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Planes in LW vs. Respect
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »
Any plane can be difficult to be successful in. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
Given how few kills per sortie the average player gets, landing three kills in a P-51D, La-7 or Spitfire Mk XVI is a big success for them.

Be charitable in your thoughts.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:33:34 PM »
landing three kills in a P-51D, La-7 or Spitfire Mk XVI is a big success for them.

I hear ya.  Actually I only tend to land 1 ... or none.  I tend not to use the rearm pad too so there you go.

Good point.  :salute

What plane do you feel is the most challenging for you to get kills in consistently in LW?
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »
Any plane can be difficult to be successful in. 

ack-ack

I'd say these 2 both have a target hung on them more or less 100% of the time.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
Idc what they fly as long as they fight like a man.

P39
That aircraft is a nightmare.
AoM
City of ice

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
Hurri I, SpitI and Me410 are very tough for me to get kills in.  Joining the green horde might help but usually friendlies only help in racking up assists.  Still have yet to get anywhere near a bomber in the 410 and can't seem to catch or corner anyone in the the other two jalopies.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
Hurri I, SpitI and Me410 are very tough for me to get kills in.  Joining the green horde might help but usually friendlies only help in racking up assists.  Still have yet to get anywhere near a bomber in the 410 and can't seem to catch or corner anyone in the the other two jalopies.
In tour 151 I got 10 buff kills in a 410, it's pretty devastating to them that's for sure. The only problem is, they have a glass wing and it's not a fighter so don't fight in it. 

To me, if it's German, I stinks in it. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
I get a kick out of the "1337" players (or so they think) that rely on the easiest of LW aircraft to get kills in (La7, Spit16, P51D, F4Ux, George, Tempest, etc).  When someone can land kills over and over in a P40x, 109G, P47x, or other such challenging plane THEN I take notice.  Otherwise... they are all panty waste!!!   :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:22:59 PM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »
109, hate flying that thing.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
I get a kick out of the "1337" players (or so they think) that rely on the easiest of LW aircraft to get kills in (La7, Spit16, P51D, F4Ux, George, Tempest, etc).  When someone can land kills over and over in a P40x, 109G, P47x, or other such challenging plane THEN I take notice.  Otherwise... they are all panty waste!!!   :)
Or maybe they are just vulching?  ;)
The p47s can turn fairly well (just ask the "masochists", LilMak, Juggler, Lepape etc), also there are some people who can throw around the 109G like a spit...
Well, the p40, now thats a real challenge (to find someone who isnt running away haha)
AoM
City of ice

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »
If you can keep the fight at super high speeds or high altitude, the P47 turns better than most.

Low and slow makes it pretty vulnerable.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
If you can keep the fight at super high speeds or high altitude, the P47 turns better than most.

Low and slow makes it pretty vulnerable.

Agreed.  If the speeds can stay above 300 TAS and above 20,000 feet the P47x is a tough nut to crack, especially the M and N.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 12:30:43 AM »
The entire premise of your thread and that of some of the responders is just wrong.

I fly Spit XVI's a lot and rarely land more than three kills.  On the other hand I can fly a 190A-8, a Bf-109E-4 or a P-40 and land three kills just as easily and maybe even more so.

The difference is in who and how you're willing to fight in differing aircraft.  In the Spit I'm much more bold in how many cons I'm willing to take on at a time and how long I'll linger in a horde.  10 on 1 I'm in.  In the E-4 I want to lower the odds against me.  In a P-40 three on one's the limit.

It's easy to land many kills against buffs in an A-8, one of the ultimate buff hunters, but I can land just as many in a Spit, one of the most fragile aircraft in the game.  Hell, I've killed three B-26's with a Hurricane Mk I.

My point is you can be successful or unsuccessful in any aircraft.  It all depends on how you fly it and what you fly it against.  Unless you're willing to define the fight paramaters then this thread makes no sense nor does a bias against a given aircraft, no matter what you think about it's ease of flight.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 01:03:42 AM »
It's easy to land many kills against buffs in an A-8, one of the ultimate buff hunters, but I can land just as many in a Spit, one of the most fragile aircraft in the game.

You are doing something wrong then, spitfire is one of the most versatile and easiest aircraft's to fly. Your ACM, and SA must take a serious hit if what you are assumingly trying to say is - its easier to pick in a A8, then try to dogfight in a trainerfire.

Spitfire is no where near fragile as any other aircraft. I boosted about shooting down a jug with pair of 13mms with less then 50 rounds total, till I looked at the film and realized it wont matter where you hit an aircraft if you concetrate your fire on any given area long enough it does enough damage a plane will go down.

JG 52