Author Topic: Re-Arm Options  (Read 2565 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re-Arm Options
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »

Mmmmmbecause it's been wished for before? Guess the B-29 in the plane set supports this theory. 
I clearly remember it not having a chance. ;)

there's a difference, the b29 is a useless plane that we hardly see but it will cost you perks.  the change loadout is a useless wish that only those who want to increase their score will use.  the rest of us will just land and take off as it is faster, heck that's why we land wheels down.  it removes several seconds from upping when in a hurry.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
there's a difference, the b29 is a useless plane that we hardly see but it will cost you perks.  the change loadout is a useless wish that only those who want to increase their score will use.  the rest of us will just land and take off as it is faster, heck that's why we land wheels down.  it removes several seconds from upping when in a hurry.

semp

You've played in at least one event that limits you to one life, haven't you? You're confusing MA score with an actual usefulness in events.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »
You've played in at least one event that limits you to one life, haven't you? You're confusing MA score with an actual usefulness in events.

as far as I know the op asked for it for the ma.  and no, i have yet to participate in one event where they used the b29.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
Why not repairs?
+1Why not Repairs?  :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:47:46 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
+1Why not Repairs?  :D

Now THAT .... I wouldn't go so far .....

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »
You don't think a skilled ground crew could strip off racks as fast as they could load ord?

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675069416_P-38-bombing-mission_P-38-Lightning_bomb-attached-under-the-wing_bomb-servicing-truck

And we're not talking about a fully fueled plane waiting to take off for it's first sortie. We're talking about planes on the turn-around. There's no 'siphoning' involved here.  :D

'Joe, we got inbounds about ten minutes out or less. Save me time and weight.'
uh oh, you went there Arlo? oh now you dun it...  :D  no they couldn't. take note, the film is clipped the entire sequence took longer, the bomb pylon is already mounted, that was just 1 bomb and the plane was not running. take that plane without the pylon attached and see what it takes to get a bomb on it. for that matter take the 109 and 190 and attach the etc 50/250 rack, wire it in and attach a bomb or drop tank...way longer than 10-20 minutes. be that as it may, i already said, more than once mind you, that i personally would not have a problem with bomb/drop tank loadouts as long as they are stuck with the racks until they tower out.

note the etc rack is already attached...

when it comes to the fuel, that's a different story...

take note of the hand pump and lack of a gauge on the gas wagon...so how much fuel did you want? is that 10 or 20 pumps?

hand pump on a barrel...

some guys didn't have it so rough...

now, if you can find just one account of a pilot who intentionally told his ground crew to just put xx amount of fuel in so he could take off again and get into a fight with enemy planes...i'll drop my objections.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:56:24 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
I've started flying 100% fuel in my 109. I'm now of the opinion that if you want to take less fuel, you're not a good enough pilot (save on planes like the P-47, P-38, and 110, where it's a big weight increase).

Anyway, grow a noodle, man up, and fly with the loadout you picked first.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »
I've started flying 100% fuel in my 109. I'm now of the opinion that if you want to take less fuel, you're not a good enough pilot (save on planes like the P-47, P-38, and 110, where it's a big weight increase).

Well, the crew just has to reload the same ord and what-not cause it's a penile measuring thing now.  :D

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 09:42:26 PM »

You must fly round too much...I don't have enough bullets to support 1/2 a tank let alone a full 100% :D (and that's in a 109)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
5 taters per kill, thats at least 12 kills. Say a nice even 10 kills. I'd have to be getting a shot on an aircraft once every 3 minutes to use up all my ammunition before I ran out of fuel, and thats if I started shooting off the runway  :bolt:.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »
You must fly round too much...I don't have enough bullets to support 1/2 a tank let alone a full 100% :D (and that's in a 109)
i took 50% fuel in a 190 once, ran out of fuel before i ran out of ammo...had to ditch with my first and only 5 kill sortie that didn't include a single bomber kill. even though i will take a bomber up with 50% fuel if the run is going to be short...i'd rather run out of ammo than fuel.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 09:17:38 AM »
Funny thing. It's a hangar option to take off with as little as 25% fuel. That tells the guys at the re-arm pad that you're not allowed to get any more than that until you trade your plane in.

Funny how 'logic' works in a re-arm pad option discussion. The side that want's none makes up the damnedest reasons.  :D

Offline Armkreuz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »
So what you are saying...is...If an attack on your base is happening....Bombs are dropping all around and you are trying to get your aircraft up and flying, you would say to the man with the 55 gallon drum of fuel and a manual pump....Fill er up and put my bombs back on so I can get up there and fight em off. Sounds to me we have a vulcher and someone needs those planes kept slow so they can get easy kills. Just what it sounds like to me. I think since you made it back to re-arm pad, you should have the option of loading out what you want as you do in hanger. What does it matter and why should you care what I load on MY aircraft. I am doing the fighting. Why shouldn't I have the right to say what I want on my aircraft, since I am flying it. Situations change and so does the dynamics of a fight. So should the loadout.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 09:34:26 AM »
Sounds to me we have a vulcher and someone needs those planes kept slow so they can get easy kills.

While I agree with your tactical assessment, please avoid such character assessments. There's neither
basis nor need.

You should not hit below the belt, hold, trip, kick, headbutt, wrestle, bite, spit on, or push your opponent.
You should not hit with your head, shoulder, forearm, or elbow.
You should not hit with an open glove, the inside of the glove, the wrist, the backhand, or the side of the hand.
You should not punch your opponent's back, or the back of his head or neck (rabbit punch), or on the kidneys (kidney punch).
You should not throw a punch while holding on to the ropes to gain leverage.
You shouldn't hold your opponent and hit him at the same time, or duck so low that your head is below your opponent's belt line.

etc ......

Yes, other posters may .... but they lose legitimacy when resorting to such.

(Still siding with ya.)  :D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:35 AM »
So what you are saying...is...If an attack on your base is happening....Bombs are dropping all around and you are trying to get your aircraft up and flying, you would say to the man with the 55 gallon drum of fuel and a manual pump....Fill er up and put my bombs back on so I can get up there and fight em off. Sounds to me we have a vulcher and someone needs those planes kept slow so they can get easy kills. Just what it sounds like to me. I think since you made it back to re-arm pad, you should have the option of loading out what you want as you do in hanger. What does it matter and why should you care what I load on MY aircraft. I am doing the fighting. Why shouldn't I have the right to say what I want on my aircraft, since I am flying it. Situations change and so does the dynamics of a fight. So should the loadout.
having reading comprehension issues i see...with consideration to the handicap i'll make an exception and reiterate something, which i'm not normally inclined to do...let me know if this isn't clear enough.

<snip>, i already said, more than once mind you, that i personally would not have a problem with bomb/drop tank loadouts as long as they are stuck with the racks until they tower out.

now, just in case that doesn't quite make it clear enough...
i don't have a problem with the bombs as long as the bomb racks remain attached to the plane.

since you went there with the real life drama, in real life, under a combat situation on an airbase being attacked, you would be in one of 2 places depending on how big your testicles really are...hiding in a bunker or manning a defensive gun on the field. trying to get an airplane cranked up, on the runway and in the air while the base is being attacked by enemy aircraft is suicide and you don't strike me as the john wayne hero type...

incidentally, i know this is difficult to grasp but, if the plane was flyable and wasn't being serviced in some manner, it would be sitting on the ready line 100% full of fuel and gun ammo.
jarhed