Author Topic: Aerial Combat  (Read 5657 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: Aerial Combat
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »

:rofl

Hey...I'm a giving soul.  Whatever I can do to help increase my fellow pilots kill counts.   :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »
PSSST.. HT doesn't make maps, he leave that up to the player base, it's their game after all...

PSSSST....that's my point, its HIS game He should make maps
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
The more whines my kills generate on Channel 200, the more successful my flight has been.

ack-ack

that only happens when you loft over a fight after circling around getting alt and e and then swoop on lesser E aircraft. usually in a pick (they r busy fighting someone else.
To your credit you do hide your e well so you can initiate a rope and most misread that and i watch you hammerhead on them and kill them hanging on the prop.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »
that only happens when you loft over a fight after circling around getting alt and e and then swoop on lesser E aircraft. usually in a pick (they r busy fighting someone else.
To your credit you do hide your e well so you can initiate a rope and most misread that and i watch you hammerhead on them and kill them hanging on the prop.

I beg to differ.  I was bored and trolling for low-flying RTBers in a zeke one night and a 38 shows up.  38 comes down to the deck and turned and burned with my little bottom-feeder zeke.  Best fight I'd had in months....AKAK was the 38
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
I have to agree.  The times that I've been around AKAK I didn't see picking....I dont recall ever engaging with him but I have watched him fight on film and live and he appears to be a fun fight to me.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
I beg to differ.  I was bored and trolling for low-flying RTBers in a zeke one night and a 38 shows up.  38 comes down to the deck and turned and burned with my little bottom-feeder zeke.  Best fight I'd had in months....AKAK was the 38
I said that only happens when..... not that is always the case. but as you said, 38 comes down... hence the loft, and I bet the turns were all e based in the verticle, cause it would be pure stupidity to flat turn with a zeke in a heavy 38 more than two or three turns.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »
I said that only happens when..... not that is always the case. but as you said, 38 comes down... hence the loft, and I bet the turns were all e based in the verticle, cause it would be pure stupidity to flat turn with a zeke in a heavy 38 more than two or three turns.

He flew it slow masterfully to be quite honest there were two short passes and then his boards came out and he and I turned for 2 mins.  It was more than two turns.  He doesn't just hide his own E well...he reads others and creates angles doing it.

Fight him 1 v 1 I the deck.  He'll pwn u
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
PSSSST....that's my point, its HIS game He should make maps

If I had the choice to ask HTC to focus on improving the core game engine or creating new maps....I know which one I would choose.  I think it's a plus they are doing so without me having to ask!   :D

Don't like the maps?  Make one.  Don't have the time?  HTC doesn't either.   Don't lose heart....maybe someone else will soon...community-based games work that way.   :aok

:salute

Offline ren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »
Successful base defence against overwhelming odds.
My cartoon plane is better then your cartoon plane.
                         71 RAF Squadron

Renegade

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2014, 10:17:51 PM »
I find success detrimental to fun.

I don't fly Spixteens or K4s/G14s anymore. Purely because you get in them.... kill everyone (including top sticks) and then fly home again.

Its much more fun turn fighting Spits and 109s and even some early war stuff. In an AUSTRALIAN PAINTED - P-51D... on the deck... flaps out... low and slow with throttle control.

Failing that, I up something completely ridiculous with 1sum41 (when he isn't doing US Army things) and augering/dying/e fighting against K4s... etc.

Or sinking a CV with B5N's   :rock
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »
I'd be happy to have a sortie of not one person running away.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2014, 06:48:06 AM »
I'd be happy to have a sortie of not one person running away.

that's the curse of skill Jo. You need to stop scaring them so much with your moves. Think of it like fly fishing. Too obvious and the trout swims away. Too subtle and the trout nibbles the bait off the hook before you can strike. Got to fish just right to get your dinner
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »
Yeah...one can get so competitive in this game if you don't watch yourself. But if you think about, you're playing this game with one of a small minority of other people in love with online ACM...we few, we dweeby few, we band of buggered...

:rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2014, 06:59:04 AM »
Don't like the maps?  Make one.  Don't have the time?  HTC doesn't either.   Don't lose heart....maybe someone else will soon...community-based games work that way.   :aok

:salute