Author Topic: Aerial Combat  (Read 5651 times)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Re: Aerial Combat
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2014, 07:49:37 AM »
PSSST.. HT doesn't make maps, he leave that up to the player base, it's their game after all...
Perhaps they should.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2014, 08:53:23 AM »
that's the curse of skill Jo. You need to stop scaring them so much with your moves. Think of it like fly fishing. Too obvious and the trout swims away. Too subtle and the trout nibbles the bait off the hook before you can strike. Got to fish just right to get your dinner
:lol :aok

I do sometimes let people get really easy angles on me to try and trick them into a fight but it only works sometimes lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2014, 09:01:19 AM »

I do sometimes let people get really easy angles on me to try and trick them into a fight but it only works sometimes lol

People get easy angles on me without my effort.  And it never works out well for me...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:56:48 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2014, 09:20:06 AM »

I think Aerial Combat is the fun of the fight. Win or lose as long as it was fun I'm good. I have some great fights..... and some really poor showings on my part  :P against Jo and Bat and many of the other "good sticks". I rarely win, but they are loads of fun.

The fun disappears for me when the gang shows up. 2 or 3 on me can still be fun as long as they refrain from firing on the head on passes that happen in that type of fight. What people have to remember is that MANY as in MOST as in 85% of the player base do not stand a chance in a 2 on 1 let alone a 3 or more on 1. This is why you see so many runners and HOers and so on.

Learning to be an AVERAGE fighter jock is a lot of work that many players don't want to bother to put the time in to accomplish. To them this is "Call of Duty" for the air. Spawn in run around killing as many as you can until you die and then repeat. In this game it's too much trouble to fight, just run or auger, or make a 50-50 pass on the HO. Get a new plane and go again. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2014, 03:34:43 AM »
He flew it slow masterfully to be quite honest there were two short passes and then his boards came out and he and I turned for 2 mins.  It was more than two turns.  He doesn't just hide his own E well...he reads others and creates angles doing it.

Fight him 1 v 1 I the deck.  He'll pwn u

he has fought me 1v1 and he's got his arse handed to him each time, only for him to get on Channel 200 and start to whine and make excuses as to why I beat the crap out of him.  In case you didn't know, he's TED.  He was talking crap tonight, offered him a challenge to the DA and he made up excuses such as how I fly in F3 mode and other crap like that.  Then I offered a 1v1 in the MA and of course he refused with a myriad of excuses which is typical for TED.  What he lacks in skill, he makes up with his whines.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2014, 07:26:38 AM »
Methinks this thread is nearing it's end....and it will not end well.  :bolt:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »
Well I will contribute to the greater good of wha the thread is all about...

A few points in here brought back some fun moments and memories for me like the time I got into a fantastic little turn fight going in circles a pony v my 47m (mind you I'm still learning fighters) I had already racked 3 kills and was low fuel oiled but went at it anyway it was a great heart pounder we must have merged and circles for 4-5 mins constantly when he finally stalled and crashed. My engines dies returning I float in land 200yds short and have just enough speed to make the runway landing m first 4 kills sortie.

Another one is as mentioned earlier in thread that moment when you sneak a base with your goon on the ground waiting as your troops run heart pounding as your partner tries to distract the enmy... And bam you get the capture.

I just love flyin with the squad getting a bung of us workin on a base capture or making a long bomb run and everyone returning home the whole time we are all cracking each other up just having fun.

Whenever I can manage to find someone that doesn't blow me out of the water in a fighter and we have a good fight that ends up with us complimenting each other. Having people just be cool if they kill you and try to encourage you even if it's just a salute. The fighter are such a hard curve that getting these kind of acknowledgement a can really help the confidence.

Being a bomber guy I enjoy making it home surviving a long run with tactical targets or tat occasional time when someone might look to you to bomb something showing recognition that you do it well by trusting you to get it done

My main thing is the people you play with that deserve respect for the way they treat everyone, giving salutes or wtg's to countrymen for landing good sorties, i just enjoy seeing that VoX channel full of squadies all wanting to work together having fun or other countrymen wanting to work together but have fun doing it not just all business. After all it's the other people that make it great when they just have fun with it and try to be positive not always just putting everyone down and talking trash on 200 or pm's. Sure some talk is ok if it's in good humor but some just do it to get a rise and put the other person down. Having those people out there that offer to help and teach u something or just spend some 1v1 time in fighters encouraging.

Last thing then I'll shut up sorry for long post... Finding someone that wants help with bombing and being able to teach that person and hearing them have that ah ha moment or even teaching some of the vets a new trick or two.

8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »
Nice^^^^^

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2014, 10:28:44 PM »
I think a lot of good players confuse aerial combat with areola combat. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
I think a lot of good players confuse aerial combat with areola combat.  

semp

So you think they're nipple-fighters?  wow.  mkay.  Is that a sport?  Do they give out perky points?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:58 PM »

This is essentially my fighting style when im in a deffinsive position. I like to get them to go for a shot while I'm setting up for the reverse maneuver . they fall for it every time.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
Success in AH for me is many things, but easily summed up into: giving or receiving a <S> for the right reasons. Such as being able to live longer than the uber pilot expected, understanding what I did wrong and being able to remember not to do it next time, keeping good SA and seeing the reward of such, and things of the like...

:salute

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:58 PM »
So you think they're nipple-fighters?  wow.  mkay.  Is that a sport?  Do they give out perky points?

nope no perky points but as you know, they do give you me, me, me points.   looking forward to your next thread, may I suggest the title "why is killing a noob different than vulching?"     :uhoh

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:55 AM »
nope no perky points but as you know, they do give you me, me, me points.   looking forward to your next thread, may I suggest the title "why is killing a noob different than vulching?"     :uhoh

semp

That's not thread worthy though...being a dying Noob is like being a plebe, everyone goes through it and dies a lot.  Vulching is a choice...dying noobs have no choice.  End of thread

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »
Success in AH for me is many things, but easily summed up into: giving or receiving a <S> for the right reasons. Such as being able to live longer than the uber pilot expected, understanding what I did wrong and being able to remember not to do it next time, keeping good SA and seeing the reward of such, and things of the like...

:salute

This is great too...you're having success when you feel like you've learned something or exceeded your own expectations.  Nice.  That'll make ya damn good real quick.