Author Topic: The GV Game  (Read 2891 times)

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
Re: The GV Game
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
As for eyesight, killing guys at 3.7K is far more taxing on my eyes than any part of the flying game.

+1 to this :aok. I haven't done any tanking since coming back but I was always amazed at some of the long range snipers out there.  Spawn camping...meh, it's by design and could be easily fixed by increasing the size of the spawn points so they can't be so easily predicted and covered.
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 12:34:35 AM »
Thursday nights in the AvA are fun :aok  Just good ol tank fights :D

:salute
BigRat
been there..a whole lotta fun
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 06:35:26 AM »

It is not inevitable. That kind of thinking is why gameplay is stuck in the 90s.

90's?

GV game play is more atari 70's
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:55 AM »
+1 to this :aok. I haven't done any tanking since coming back but I was always amazed at some of the long range snipers out there.  Spawn camping...meh, it's by design and could be easily fixed by increasing the size of the spawn points so they can't be so easily predicted and covered.

Depends who you tank against, when Hooter and myself were taking in Panthers, we would snipe you on the move from 2k to 2.5k out. There was little to stop it unless we were bombed. Generally we would set up across from each other so even if you thought you were hiding behind some berm, one of us had a shot.
Given the skill level of tankers, only less than 20 I can name were actually good tankers. Chaser was a funny one who would drive a jeep into someones Tiger and destroy it. I can name less then 5 tankers total that could break any spawn camp there is.

I never really got into tanking until I ran into Hooter, I was pretty decent in the early 2000s, back then the LTAR and V-dallas club would attempt to roll bases with GV's, and I learned from LTAR how to tank. I don't know of a finer squad with better tankers then any of the LTAR's.
LTARD's if you want, I don't recall many times their GV assaults on bases were stopped, some of them were some awesome gunners in Osti's, far better then the spray and pray Wirb gunners we have now.

Tanking is a skill in Aces and takes a very long time to learn to fire on the move and hit a tank driving full speed across from you at 2.5k out, eventually when you can do that - you can break through any spawn you want.

/Tull still wants his Puma!
JG 52

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
     Spawn Camping seems to be the biggest complaint about the GV game. Why is it not a problem at tank towns? Lets make every spawn a multiple spawn. Harder to camp when they can come from 3 different locations and even if you get a tank covering each spawn one tank will be easy to defeat with a few upping at one time.
    Imagine the infamous V85 with multiple spawn ins.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
Spawn camping is like  Vulching . Everyone does it.  The most fun is to take down the vh and deack the one end of the runway. I have got 10-15 kills by doing that
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »
Depends who you tank against, when Hooter and myself were taking in Panthers, we would snipe you on the move from 2k to 2.5k out. There was little to stop it unless we were bombed. Generally we would set up across from each other so even if you thought you were hiding behind some berm, one of us had a shot.
Given the skill level of tankers, only less than 20 I can name were actually good tankers. Chaser was a funny one who would drive a jeep into someones Tiger and destroy it. I can name less then 5 tankers total that could break any spawn camp there is.

I never really got into tanking until I ran into Hooter, I was pretty decent in the early 2000s, back then the LTAR and V-dallas club would attempt to roll bases with GV's, and I learned from LTAR how to tank. I don't know of a finer squad with better tankers then any of the LTAR's.
LTARD's if you want, I don't recall many times their GV assaults on bases were stopped, some of them were some awesome gunners in Osti's, far better then the spray and pray Wirb gunners we have now.

Tanking is a skill in Aces and takes a very long time to learn to fire on the move and hit a tank driving full speed across from you at 2.5k out, eventually when you can do that - you can break through any spawn you want.

/Tull still wants his Puma!
Mano and tyfoo comes  to mind I'll get them one day!! Even if I have to bring lancs ..hmm no they would just main gun me. I'll use an a20
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:31:39 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
Spawn camping is like  Vulching . Everyone does it.  The most fun is to take down the vh and deack the one end of the runway. I have got 10-15 kills by doing that

Amateur...
JG 52

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »
A good spawn battle is almost frantic.

Yup.  Makes me crazy.  I can't take the sensory overload.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »
Amateur...
(Image removed from quote.)
show off lol I've never landed more that 4 or 5
"scott66"        

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »
Spawn camping is like  Vulching . Everyone does it. 

wrong
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »
show off lol I've never landed more that 4 or 5

It was that island map with tank town in the middle, While the Bish were busy rolling bases in tank town - I drove a tank to the large airfield and stood on the hill overlooking it (the southern most airfield) After 2 hours of driving past Bish GV bases, I managed to pluck the bombers that kept lifting to take down Hangers in the tank town.

Somehow nobody noticed, but it was a long 2 hour drive back to land it.
JG 52

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
It was that island map with tank town in the middle, While the Bish were busy rolling bases in tank town - I drove a tank to the large airfield and stood on the hill overlooking it (the southern most airfield) After 2 hours of driving past Bish GV bases, I managed to pluck the bombers that kept lifting to take down Hangers in the tank town.

Somehow nobody noticed, but it was a long 2 hour drive back to land it.
was it a couple of nights ago? I was part of that bish rolling bases on the island that the rooks kicked everybody off of?.we wanted a tank battle so we took a three v bases which the rooks promptly took back...never understood the logic of taking over TT
"scott66"        

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »
was it a couple of nights ago? I was part of that bish rolling bases on the island that the rooks kicked everybody off of?.we wanted a tank battle so we took a three v bases which the rooks promptly took back...never understood the logic of taking over TT

Nah over a few years ago.
JG 52

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
Nah over a few years ago.
ahh gotcha well I hope I never run into you lol but if I do be gentle :salute I'll be in the non perk t34 with the upside down sight have the time, dang Wi-Fi..or if I'm feeling lucky the perked m4
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:50:00 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"