Author Topic: HO, front-quarter, or simply poor SA?  (Read 10697 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: HO, front-quarter, or simply poor SA?
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:02 PM »
Resectfully to those engaged I think the discussion of whether the shot was a HO or not is a convenient diversion. That's the static within which the intended message is being conveyed. I should imagine the OP must be revelling in his own conceit and self-confirming arrogance to see you all go at that irreconcilable topic while he does his actual thing completely free from persecution of the forum rules. Thinks he's smarter than y'all, that boy.

Nishizwa I would suggest to you sir that you don't have to defend yourself in this thread. Explaining you were texting was more than enough to clarify your side of the story. I had already assumed something like that. You have nothing to gain in responding only things to lose.

To those discussing the morality of certain activities in Aces High please be aware that although to you AH might be a game of skill, an activity of self-development, an entertaining diversion or a competitive activity with other people what-have-you, to some it is a completely different entity altogether. So different you will probably struggle to imagine it, if you are remotely well-balanced. Appeals to reason, sportsmanship, community or anything else is absolutely a waste of your time. Look at the selective responsiveness from the OP if you want a tiny insight into that. A friend of mine said it best recently: "Some bleeding fruitloops in this game".

Do your thing, enjoy yourselves, fly what you want and how you want. Don't equate getting shot down with any personal implication and don't allow others to assert that either. AH like the real world is chaotic and full of random chance. Move forward not back. Discuss things lightly and don't expect to convert people with dissimilar ideologies. Life's short and there are better ways to spend your time. In my humble opinion.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:06 PM »
I'm just curious to hear fulcrum's explanation of the purpose of this thread. But of course he won't give one because the only available excuse is 'to gauge if it was a ho or not' and it is patently obvious that the OP already knew the answer before posting. We need a thread like this every now and then to stop things getting boring. Most of us are capable of conducting a discussion like this without causing any trouble for HTC. All fun and games.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 12:34:16 AM »
I'm just curious to hear fulcrum's explanation of the purpose of this thread. But of course he won't give one because the only available excuse is 'to gauge if it was a ho or not' and it is patently obvious that the OP already knew the answer before posting. We need a thread like this every now and then to stop things getting boring. Most of us are capable of conducting a discussion like this without causing any trouble for HTC. All fun and games.

Actually, bat, I do think it was posted to gage if the shot was a Ho. new guys to AH sometimes have trouble distinguishing what a Ho is exactly... Since the definition changes. I've been playing 10 years now and I still admit I get confused. Is it a dead on nose shot? Anything before the 3/9 line. What about the belly... Is it OK to shoot if the other guy pulls up and away?

So many rules and taboo codes. I prefer to boil it down to something simple: if you point your nose at me, I will pull the trigger unless you are in a :ahand temp/mossie/110/hurricane/tyhoon. If you fly across my nose... I will pull the trigger if I have the shot. Life is simple that way.  :aok :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2014, 03:06:15 AM »
Actually, bat, I do think it was posted to gage if the shot was a Ho. new guys to AH sometimes have trouble distinguishing what a Ho is exactly... Since the definition changes. I've been playing 10 years now and I still admit I get confused. Is it a dead on nose shot? Anything before the 3/9 line. What about the belly... Is it OK to shoot if the other guy pulls up and away?

So many rules and taboo codes. I prefer to boil it down to something simple: if you point your nose at me, I will pull the trigger unless you are in a :ahand temp/mossie/110/hurricane/tyhoon. If you fly across my nose... I will pull the trigger if I have the shot. Life is simple that way.  :aok :lol
Shida got it right. There was absolutely no question as to whethere it was a ho. THIS WHOLE THREAD is a TROLL, and the OP knows it. What and undeserved ego.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2014, 03:59:29 AM »
Well I'd really prefer to be wrong. In fact if someone can demonstrate I am then I can go back to my self-delusional state of imagining people can co-exist peacefully despite their differences. Zack will show up in a minute and call me a hippy no doubt.

Incidentally BnZ I don't really know the full detail of what you eluded to earlier about an proposed set of guidelines because I've been rather busy lately. I think you were perhaps simply trying to make a point, but perhaps this discussion from a few months back will interest you. Certainly pertinent to this thread:-

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361074.0.html

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2014, 07:38:31 AM »
don't expect to convert people with dissimilar ideologies.

Well written, the problem is that people complain about different ideologies, be it the HO, the 'pick', the vulch. Not only that, but people complain about it when they lose, but enjoy it when they win. We may not be 'sportsman' like, but we Damned sure aren't hypocrites.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »
Well written, the problem is that people complain about different ideologies, be it the HO, the 'pick', the vulch. Not only that, but people complain about it when they lose, but enjoy it when they win. We may not be 'sportsman' like, but we Damned sure aren't hypocrites.

That isn't the ideology I was referring to Kruel. I don't think there was any suggestion of hypocrisy, unless you were implying it in others? I don't know, some of the Damned seem to have brought grudges with them to AH. Not necessary really. Hence my concern that this might in fact be the primary activity. If that's the 'game' then fine, fued away, but at least don't be deceiptful about it nor expect everyone to agree to accepting that.

:salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »
That isn't the ideology I was referring to Kruel. I don't think there was any suggestion of hypocrisy, unless you were implying it in others? I don't know, some of the Damned seem to have brought grudges with them to AH. Not necessary really. Hence my concern that this might in fact be the primary activity. If that's the 'game' then fine, fued away, but at least don't be deceiptful about it nor expect everyone to agree to accepting that.

:salute

But therein lies the problem. You see, we have absolutely zero interest or concern of converting people to our views or idealogy. Truly, if the community as a whole disowns front-quarter shots, then that simply allows us to continue with them completely safe and unopposed on the merge - that's win/win for us right there. We actually prefer others to keep their ideology - it's one of the weaknesses we exploit in the MA and in competitions.

Ironically, what you perceive as a statement of us trying to impose our views on others is actually nothing more than us highlighting others' attempts to force their views on us (not that this thread is about that). We truly don't care how much people hate our tactics, but we (or at least I) get a decent amount of entertainment watching people go into seizures as they vehemently try to explain away and decry our choice in tactics. In this thread alone, 20+ paragraphs were written, arguing about how shooting someone in the face is bad (even when it's clearly obvious they can't or won't return the same). Even the sarcastic comment of "nice h2h skills" belies disdain for our tactics - it's yet another attempt to communicate an "ours vs theirs" difference in ideology.

We've also brought no grudges with us. On the contrary, if you re-read the posts, most all of the "grudges" that have come up are actually AH players who we've run back into, decrying about how dishonorable we are in AH and bandwagoning about how our tactics were just as "bad" in FA as in here. Heck, just read Copprhed's - a perfect example poster child - last several posts in this thread alone (or go back and read his replies in other threads) - they continually reference how we're no different than we were in FA. And yet again, therein lies the irony. You'd think that they would have figured out that our tactics work, with a nearly 250 KOTS wins and better than a 10:1 competition win/loss ratio in FA. I guess people don't really get over losses in video games, even when they were nearly half a decade ago. ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:24:42 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2014, 10:29:41 AM »
Ironically, what you perceive as a statement of us trying to impose our views on others is actually nothing more than us highlighting others' attempts to force their views on us (not that this thread is about that). We truly don't care how much people hate our tactics, but we (or at least I) get a decent amount of entertainment watching people go into seizures as they vehemently try to explain away and decry our choice in tactics. In this thread alone, 20+ paragraphs were written, arguing about how shooting someone in the face is bad (even when it's clearly obvious they can't or won't return the same). Even the sarcastic comment of "nice h2h skills" belies disdain for our tactics - it's yet another attempt to communicate an "ours vs theirs" difference in ideology.

I don't perceive you trying to convert anybody. As I mentioned to Kruel that's not the ideology I'm talking about. It isn't really closely coupled with your tactics, flying style or the type of shots you choose to take (an influence undoubtedly). You already know my opinion on HOes for instance from the other thread on which you commented.

We've also brought no grudges with us. On the contrary, if you re-read the posts, most all of the "grudges" that have come up are actually AH players who we've run back into, decrying about how dishonorable we are in AH and bandwagoning about how our tactics were just as "bad" in FA as in here. Heck, just read Copprhed's last several posts in this thread alone - all of them reference how we're no different than we were in FA. And yet again, therein lies the irony. You'd think that they would have figured out that our tactics work, with a nearly 250 KOTS wins and roughly a ~13:1 competition win/loss ratio in FA. I guess people don't really get over losses in video games, even when they were nearly half a decade ago. ;)

Again, tactics are irrelevant. You've been here half a year is it? And you're already have more controversy surrounding you than some of the trouble makers who've been here over a decade. I have to ask if you are cultivating this deliberately? These grudges that you say you didn't start, you sure are keeping them going by posting selected clips on YouTube running just long enough to show the player's names.

Not everyone is concerned with wins or losses. Your activities seem to suggest you find them very very meaningful. It is possible you aren't aware of how your activities are perceived externally. <Shrug>

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

me and skyyr had the longest AH main arena fight in the history of AH....yesterday

only reason it lasted is my aim sux.....

I take back my comment about being a great HOer he is actually quite bad at it......he was very easy to avoid...if he were fighting anyone with a hit % over 5 he would have died within the first 2 merges....I would say "turns" but he went so far away they were merges ..over and over and over and over......

I watched the fight but even I got bored and shut it off after 10 minutes of him Hoing with NO ACM at all.....well except the very first of the engagement he did turn into me really really fast.....then it was running until I turned No matter How long it was or how much more ALT he had gained....

him Hoing and completely missing.....me hitting him multitudes of time but never being able to quite get the kill....

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I do have the film for anyone who "doubts" me....or anyone who wants a course in how to avoid the HO...

or anyone really interested in the most boring fight in the History of AH :rofl

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »

Resectfully to those engaged I think the discussion of whether the shot was a HO or not is a convenient diversion. That's the static within which the intended message is being conveyed. I should imagine the OP must be revelling in his own conceit and self-confirming arrogance to see you all go at that irreconcilable topic while he does his actual thing completely free from persecution of the forum rules. Thinks he's smarter than y'all, that boy.

Nishizwa I would suggest to you sir that you don't have to defend yourself in this thread. Explaining you were texting was more than enough to clarify your side of the story. I had already assumed something like that. You have nothing to gain in responding only things to lose.

QFT

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »

I tried to engage Skyyr with kappa (LA-7), Pepprr (a Spit 9), Harvey (K4), and Zapper (C2) right behind him at 1k out right next to our base- I left that part out (tee hee). Since he was running from 5 of us, he gave me his six, so I'll claim he was running from me and me alone! He climbed and extended to where we could fight alone, which took about 6 minutes. When we did fight, I barely managed to nick him, though he roped me repeatedly. I conveniently left out that Harvey circled the fight, coming into visual range, in his 109K4, forcing Skyyr to extend again to get away from him as I tried to get him to commit to a turnfight. I'll just claim Skyyr was "running" from me and only me.

Oh yeah, when we did fight, I ran out of ammo and then ran home after Skyyr hit me on the last rope and briefly attempted to chase me down.

:lol
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:08:05 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

We've also brought no grudges with us. On the contrary, if you re-read the posts, most all of the "grudges" that have come up are actually AH players who we've run back into, decrying about how dishonorable we are in AH and bandwagoning about how our tactics were just as "bad" in FA as in here. Heck, just read Copprhed's - a perfect example poster child - last several posts in this thread alone (or go back and read his replies in other threads) - they continually reference how we're no different than we were in FA. And yet again, therein lies the irony. You'd think that they would have figured out that our tactics work, with a nearly 250 KOTS wins and better than a 10:1 competition win/loss ratio in FA. I guess people don't really get over losses in video games, even when they were nearly half a decade ago. ;)
Your tactics "work", if score queening is your only goal. many of the players here aren't about score, per se, but about the FIGHT. You can check my score and ranking and see that they're average at best. The thing about it is, while I'm out there being average, I'm talking with people, finding great fights, whether in planes, bombers or gv's and having fun. If you find fun in taking advantage of people being chivalrous in game, it speaks volumes to what you're about in RL. What you do anonymously in a game is what lurks underneath the persona that you want people to see. I don't particularly want to get rule 4ed, but as I've said before, when ARS or USMC were in the fights you didn't win KOTS. Simon and crew did or nishi's squad did. I was a part of some of them. The Damned has a checkered past in FA, having participated is some dubious practices. You self aggrandizement is rather narcissistic, IMHO. Sorry Skuzzy, but he mentioned me by name..........
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:36:45 AM by Copprhed »
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...wha? Is it over yet, ma? Can we go home now?  :D

Great video you shared this morning, Skyyr. The whine from one of your victims puts the truth to the following:

Well written, the problem is that people complain about different ideologies, be it the HO, the 'pick', the vulch. Not only that, but people complain about it when they lose, but enjoy it when they win.

<snip>

Makes me want to up a fighter tonight and have some fun!  :aok
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.