Author Topic: Player and plane roster...  (Read 30602 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: Player and plane roster...
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2015, 09:51:57 AM »
Do you think it would lose steam after a while doing it weekly? Some might not be available on a weekly basis. Maybe monthly or bi-weekly?

Trash? That says a lot about your character or lack thereof.

This might be true, but that would mean a whole lot of fighting , would run on for hours on just one plane..imagine trying to do 3-4 planes in a day, you could do a once a month deal instead of leaving it up to the players to schedule their own matches, everyone has to show up at the same time. That causes problems of it's own though..

Edit: one plane a month that is.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
I didn't get to participate in the last dueling bracket. I did participate once and it was great. Only bad thing was that some guys couldn't make it on due to real life situations.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2015, 10:12:54 AM »
Imma base my response on both Bruv's and Kruel's response.

People will be the same regardless of the changes in the rules. Last time the ladder was closed due to lack of completion of people's duels. And as Bruv said people backed out if they tgought they'd lose. What in saying is some new rules typed out on these boards will not change people.

What I said in my response is that I felt the system worked fine. People involved in the thing is a whole new subject.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »
Imma base my response on both Bruv's and Kruel's response.

People will be the same regardless of the changes in the rules. Last time the ladder was closed due to lack of completion of people's duels. And as Bruv said people backed out if they tgought they'd lose. What in saying is some new rules typed out on these boards will not change people.

What I said in my response is that I felt the system worked fine. People involved in the thing is a whole new subject.

It's not though because in a dueling ladder, it's a one shot deal, sometimes the first plane flown makes all the difference, as with any best of 7 match, the first win is critical.

With rotating plane sets, everyone knows what the first plane will be. Additionally, if someone doesn't participate, that doesn't freeze the bracket, that person just forfeits, that is if we decide that everyone must show up at the same time (like KOTH)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »
Ehhh, I like the idea of scheduling with your opponent with in a time frame better. I love KOTH but I can never make it because of the times its run.
See Rule #4

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2015, 10:24:27 AM »
Ehhh, I like the idea of scheduling with your opponent with in a time frame better. I love KOTH but I can never make it because of the times its run.

Yeah, each has its pros and cons, but if you have 4-5 forfeits it kills the fun for everyone else. If you think about KOTH, it has participation every month. But because of schedules, not everyone who wants to participate can make it

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
DFC ladder was great until certain individuals started backing out of fights they didn't think they would win.  Friendly or not it is shameful.     ;)

I agree with Kruel better start afresh with a more competitive rule based approach but simple enough for everyone to understand.

you know.... I am tired of you talking crap.... like you know what the hell goes on in my life...you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

understand something....seriously....I am gonna say it nice one last time...maybe you will get the fluff'n hint....

you are wrong.....couldn't be any more wrong.....now get your head out of your arse and sign up.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
It's not though because in a dueling ladder, it's a one shot deal, sometimes the first plane flown makes all the difference, as with any best of 7 match, the first win is critical.

With rotating plane sets, everyone knows what the first plane will be. Additionally, if someone doesn't participate, that doesn't freeze the bracket, that person just forfeits, that is if we decide that everyone must show up at the same time (like KOTH)

But as of participation, in BaldEagl's bracket it wasn't just one person that didn't participate. It gradually increased until only 2 of 8 or 10 scheduled fights were fought. This can happen to this ladder as well, easily (not that it will, but it is easily possible). That is how people can factor into this from another standing point.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2015, 10:33:19 AM »
But as of participation, in BaldEagl's bracket it wasn't just one person that didn't participate. It gradually increased until only 2 of 8 or 10 scheduled fights were fought. This can happen to this ladder as well, easily (not that it will, but it is easily possible). That is how people can factor into this from another standing point.

Correct which is why I'm leaning towards a KOTH style scheduling scheme, it's the lesser of two evils imo.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »
 1v1's have the ability to be more flexible with time unlike KOTH. I can stay up an extra hour or two at night to fight an Opponent, I can't(won't) miss work to participate in an scheduled event.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:38:26 AM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »
you know.... I am tired of you talking crap.... like you know what the hell goes on in my life...you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

understand something....seriously....I am gonna say it nice one last time...maybe you will get the fluffluffluff'n hint....

you are wrong.....couldn't be any more wrong.....now get your head out of your arse and sign up.

:headscratch:

If you plan on participating and /or organizing an event in a competitive setting, you need to learn to be objective and keep your personal feelings out of it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:40:34 AM by Kruel »

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
1v1's have the ability to be more flexible with time unlike KOTH. I can stay up an extra hour or two at night to fight an Opponent, I can't(won't) miss work to participate in an scheduled event.

Yeah but KOTH had been dependant on Bruv running it, I think this can be adjusted now to fit most people's schedules (since must of us are in the States)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Correct which is why I'm leaning towards a KOTH style scheduling scheme, it's the lesser of two evils imo.

KOTH doesn't really go in the same book though. Despite it being easier to draw results from the results are not accurate as you have multiple individuals fighting for a number one spot all at once. While in a ladder you have multiple people fighting for a number one spot all in separate pairs, without running the risk of an intervention by a third party. Just by it being in pairs reduces a number of factors that must be put into consideration that could produce a negative backed outcome.

It's more "accurate" I might say?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:42:41 AM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
KOTH doesn't really go in the same book though. Despite it being easier to draw results from the results are not accurate as you have multiple individuals fighting for a number one spot all at once. While in a ladder you have multiple people fighting for a number one spot all in separate pairs, without running the risk of an intervention by a third party. Just by it being in pairs reduces a number of factors that must be put into consideration that could produce a negatively connotated outcome.

It's more "accurate" I might say?
I agree 1v1 is much more accurate, but we aren't discussing accuracy, we are discussing format and scheduling.

Edit: if you really want to go crazy, we can have a winners bracket and losers bracket, so everyone will fight other at least once. That way there is no question.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:45:14 AM by Kruel »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:06 AM »

let me ask you a question....

do you like good tough fights?

I am guessing you are gonna say "yes"

its simple

players and planes are randomly drawn

loser picks next plane

best of 7 or 10

meet at an agreed ALT,

NO going above agreed upon ALT before icon range

25% fuel

icon vis range anything goes.