Author Topic: Player and plane roster...  (Read 30600 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Player and plane roster...
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
Only problem I see with that is, pretty much everyone is going to be in at the same time. I think it would be smart to avoid the results being something like

winner of 109 Series: JOACH1M
winner of P47 Series: JOACH1M
winner of F4U Series: JOACH1M
etc.

The more opportunity people have to place and/or win, the more participation your going to get.
Mabye, limit people to only competing in 2 or 3 plane sets per year :headscratch:
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »
Winner will be probably the guy who wins all his duels.in the end you will have someone from the winners bracket fight someone from the losers bracket the difference is that the person from the losers bracket has to beat the person from the winners bracket twice in a row (This rarely happens, but when it does it's awesome)

Most other competitive online game tournaments are held in this fashion or something similar to this, of course we can customize it to fit everyone's needs.

I personally am still not a fan.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »
Only problem I see with that is, pretty much everyone is going to be in at the same time. I think it would be smart to avoid the results being something like

winner of 109 Series: JOACH1M
winner of P47 Series: JOACH1M
winner of F4U Series: JOACH1M
etc.

The more opportunity people have to place and/or win, the more participation your going to get.
Mabye, limit people to only competing in 2 or 3 plane sets per year :headscratch:

Yes and ink said only one choice at a plane set.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2015, 11:19:19 AM »
TonyJoey may pick a lot but in terms of being able to knock out the most guys proficiently and in a small amount of time TJ is one of the best

Understood,  just doesnt put himself in the position to have any kind of fun,  or at least my version of it. :salute :D

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »
let me ask you a question....

do you like good tough fights?

I am guessing you are gonna say "yes"

its simple

players and planes are randomly drawn

loser picks next plane

best of 7 or 10

meet at an agreed ALT,

NO going above agreed upon ALT before icon range

25% fuel

icon vis range anything goes.

Or you could simply copy and paste BaldEagl's rules
Top Gun

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
Yes and ink said only one choice at a plane set.

I don't like the idea of people not being able to compete, but I think its important to make it so more people have a shot at winning and placing. Which is why I think the we should run separate brackets at the same time.
See Rule #4

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »
I don't like the idea of people not being able to compete, but I think its important to make it so more people have a shot at winning and placing. Which is why I think the we should run separate brackets at the same time.

I think it's more about participation, if one pilot can win in multiple planes so be it, just means he's better than anyone else in multiple planes.

Having multiple planes and different brackets gives people multiple opportunities to place, I don't think sitting out players because they are good is fair to them.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »

This mentality is... backwards to me. If the same pilot wins numerous brackets, what's the issue? They won fair and square. Pairing off the brackets with the intention of doing so to bar multiple wins by a single player when the goal is to find who the best in each plane type is seems to be in the spirit of anti-competition.

Put another way, it'd be fun to say "I'm the best P-39 pilot because I won the bracket"; however, if I was only able to do that because Glzz was restricted from competing in that bracket (which he would have normally won), then the title and win mean nothing.

A player winning an aircraft bracket should be because that player fought and defeated ALL possible opponents (who wanted to compete), not because rules restricted certain players from being able to compete in said brackets.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:49:06 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »

Fester.....just impressive
Grizz.... Probably the best aim in the game using one of the worst guns(accuracy wise)
m00t.... Magic
Kappa..... Could control a lot of planes in a area and kill a lot of them.
Batfink....flies weaker rides but out performs "good" sticks flying the LA/KI84/Spits

quote]I cut everyone out and got these 5, with 2 who are very close to being on that level....Krup and Jo.

I think Krup and Jo are maybe better 1v1 then Kappa and maybe Grizz, but their MA presence isn't the same as those two....

SunsFan and Krup are very comparable in skill....Krup having a lot more experience as of late.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2015, 01:18:57 PM »
For myself I'd much rather fly and fight (and lose) against the best rather than not get the opportunity because of restricted access.

Here's an idea: what about a "tournament of champions" where say the top 10 or 12 players (by popular vote or through points over the year or something) go head to head? Bruv vs Tony? Rudboi vs Skyrr? I'd pay (in perks) to see that!

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2015, 01:22:36 PM »
Totally forgot to mention:

NKL5 in that Damned Ar234!!!

Get anywhere NEAR his rear quarter and he has a firing solution on you.  Oh...   ...You THINK you are sneaking up on a sheep.  Find out is was a horse when you get kicked...

:bhead
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »
I can't see a competition that caters specifically to the top 10-15 players working, 90% of the A community doesn't care who's the best, they just want to have fun while  :joystick:
See Rule #4

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2015, 01:24:40 PM »
For myself I'd much rather fly and fight (and lose) against the best rather than not get the opportunity because of restricted access.

Here's an idea: what about a "tournament of champions" where say the top 10 or 12 players (by popular vote or through points over the year or something) go head to head? Bruv vs Tony? Rudboi vs Skyrr? I'd pay (in perks) to see that!

Voting is a popularity contest. 1% of the population here is objective enough to say someone they dislike is a good pilot. Would probably bet money on conglomerates of these folks moving to not vote for or block someone because of personal differences.

You did give me an idea, maybe the final 4 players should have their matches streamed, maybe one or 2 folks comment on the match giving a play by play.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »
I can't see a competition that caters specifically to the top 10-15 players working, 90% of the A community doesn't care who's the best, they just want to have fun while  :joystick:

Isn't that what KOTH/TOC is?

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2015, 01:34:06 PM »
Isn't that what KOTH/TOC is?

KOTH really doesn't. TOC sure does.

I qualified for TOC in my first and only KOTH appearance and I wouldn't consider myself any where near the top 15 pilots currently in game.
See Rule #4