Author Topic: Player and plane roster...  (Read 30649 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Player and plane roster...
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »
Alright, lol. I could bail out of this discussion now or else I won't be able to get my write up finished.

Ill send it out to those who are interested and we can all collaborate on something.
See Rule #4

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
KOTH really doesn't. TOC sure does.

I qualified for TOC in my first and only KOTH appearance and I wouldn't consider myself any where near the top 15 pilots currently in game.

Because it's not a very good measure of that heh  this would be, the kind if discussions would be nice to have on vox/TS...much less chances of misunderstandings there.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2015, 01:45:19 PM »
Because it's not a very good measure of that heh  this would be, the kind if discussions would be nice to have on vox/TS...much less chances of misunderstandings there.

IMO KOTH is the hardest FFA currently in AH. It really depends on how many people are playing. Normally 3-4 good sticks make this an extremely tough competition. Only the ones who haven't go their SA down, or cannot fight without alt advatnage, or have limited ACM, are the ones who think its not a "true measure" but I personally think it incorporates many aspects to flying as well as fighting to the death with great opponents. This makes it very difficult.
I pulled this TOC victory right out if my arese. Krup or Jo could have easily won it just as I did. But I just happened to be in the right place. SA, luck, tough plane, belief... It all came down to that.

Staying alive in a free for all with great players is just as or more difficult than fighting 1v1.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:47:09 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2015, 02:03:13 PM »
This mentality is... backwards to me. If the same pilot wins numerous brackets, what's the issue? They won fair and square. Pairing off the brackets with the intention of doing so to bar multiple wins by a single player when the goal is to find who the best in each plane type is seems to be in the spirit of anti-competition.

Put another way, it'd be fun to say "I'm the best P-39 pilot because I won the bracket"; however, if I was only able to do that because Glzz was restricted from competing in that bracket (which he would have normally won), then the title and win mean nothing.

A player winning an aircraft bracket should be because that player fought and defeated ALL possible opponents (who wanted to compete), not because rules restricted certain players from being able to compete in said brackets.
I totally see your point.

But a competition to satisfy the question this thread asked (IMO) will not get out of the planning stages. Having separate brackets for different air frames offers the ability for players to compete against opponent of similar skill levels without directly segregating them based on their ability.

Lol Ok, Any more rebuttals will hopefully be addressed in my write up.

Kruel we should definitely get together with others on TS or something and try to get this together.

<S>
See Rule #4

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »
 :rofl
Top Gun

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2015, 02:04:23 PM »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »

PM me if you want my write up sent to you.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:21:15 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
I knew it. :rofl
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2015, 03:22:09 PM »

Fester.....just impressive
Grizz.... Probably the best aim in the game using one of the worst guns(accuracy wise)
m00t.... Magic
Kappa..... Could control a lot of planes in a area and kill a lot of them.
Batfink....flies weaker rides but out performs "good" sticks flying the LA/KI84/Spits

quote]I cut everyone out and got these 5, with 2 who are very close to being on that level....Krup and Jo.

I think Krup and Jo are maybe better 1v1 then Kappa and maybe Grizz, but their MA presence isn't the same as those two....

SunsFan and Krup are very comparable in skill....Krup having a lot more experience as of late.

I agree with your assessment of 4 of those guys  :D

batfinks aim isn't good enough to be there...haha

he actually misses. :uhoh

and Sunsfan I forgot him....one of the toughest fights I have had..

and Agent360...he could whip that K4 around with the best of them.

if you think Steve wasn't insanely good in that 51....well I cant help ya there, I saw it and went against him.

same with the rest....they all know how to fight... and will..... better then most.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »
Lol JO, Krup, and sunsfan, even Latrobe all desearve to be up there. You crazy!!

You all crazy!!

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
Only once that I can remember...-1 vs ki84. The result was a Hog being roped.

Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a moderate pilot...but a lot of the names listed are just funny.
didn't we get some duels in the MA with each other maybe a year ago or so?  maybe you in a 109 me in a hog... maybe we both in hogs... I seem to remember us meeting otd off of a base and getting some good fights in...

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »
Bighorn,or any of his shades and widewing,known as treadlite.

These 2 are likely the best in any plane!

:salute
yup

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
Whatever works the best for everyone. I'm in for anything. I'm not picky when it comes to fighting a 1v1. I just want us to be honest and organized about this.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »
Only m00t and Grizz belong.
I don't think you're being honest... or, you are being intentional... maybe trying to get a rise?  maybe there is something else going on... maybe you're not qualified to even make this little statement you just made.. maybe you haven't fought all on ink's list...  but something is amiss with you making this statement... 

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »
I have to add 1 more name  to my List since 2014-2015 this guy has impressed me more and more and he even has film to prove that he never backs down from a fight! ;)

Skyyr!

hmmm...  have you ever tried to get into the muppets?   how many times did you try to get in?  how did that work out for you?  wait, I can see by your obsession, that it didn't work out well for you did it???   awww...  maybe next try... err never.  :aok