Author Topic: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules  (Read 9287 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 11:57:08 AM »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
More like it has been that way for about 10 days, I was wondering how long before people would notice. Since it is such a HUGE problem that almost EVERY person in the game has left over :rolleyes: you would think people would have noticed sooner.

HiTech

Since the 12h rule, made switching sides rather pointless for me- So I didn't switch anymore at all.
How am I then supposed to notice the change? You think folks are browsing through the arena settings on a daily base trying to spot secret changes?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
I am now convinced HiTech has a mind reading device...

Wish was granted before it was posted and discussed...

:x
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »
More like it has been that way for about 10 days, I was wondering how long before people would notice. Since it is such a HUGE problem that almost EVERY person in the game has left over :rolleyes: you would think people would have noticed sooner.

HiTech
LOL!

I've been going to switch for days and have had something else happen to keep me from it!   Well done!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
Since the 12h rule, made switching sides rather pointless for me- So I didn't switch anymore at all.
How am I then supposed to notice the change? You think folks are browsing through the arena settings on a daily base trying to spot secret changes?
Kinda my thoughts as well...went Bish from Knights yesterday but that's about it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:43 PM »

HiTech

I have to admit I don't look at that stuff regular like. I imagine a lot of others don't as well. Most of us probably rely on the operators to inform us of such changes. I just went and tried to look it up and still couldn't find it.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 09:24:28 PM »
Now where's icepac to say he's already done this and was waiting for everyone else to notice the change... :noid

Nice to see this has been adjusted. I do have to agree with snail, for those who did not do this because the time frame was unweildy, it is unlikely they would have noticed this.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »

That's how it was for me as well. I just stopped switching at all and just stayed on one side and log in every so often to see if there was a fight going on. Haven't really been logging in at all recently so haven't been able to check but if the 12 hours really has been reduced then all I can say is THANK YOU!!!!! This can be nothing but a good thing!!  :cheers: :salute

I think pretty much everyone who has expressed their displeasure with the 12 hour rule as already left, but maybe this news will get them to come back and we can finally return to the glory days of 600+ people in the MA!  :x
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:11:22 AM by Latrobe »

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 06:24:08 AM »
Once you are promoted to a Knit why in the world would you ever want to change?  jk

Thanks HiTech.  I hope it makes those that do those kinda things happier.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 06:51:48 AM »

HiTech
Come on dude.  You still haven't found the $100 bill I hid at the bottom of your sock drawer, and I left that there 4 years ago  :bolt:

That will make a few folks very happy.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 06:58:42 AM »

HiTech
To be fair, the ones who did not like the rule the most ended up with the ban hammer...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
To be fair, the ones who did not like the rule the most ended up with the ban hammer...
I would say that the ones that complained in an inappropriate manner got the ban hammer...  YMMV

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 07:09:34 AM »

This just shows that the boss has a twisted sense of humor.  Very sneaky, Sir.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2015, 07:14:06 AM »
I would say that the ones that complained in an inappropriate manner got the ban hammer...  YMMV
lol really? They were banning anyone who referenced a 12 in their sig or avatar.  :rolleyes:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
lol really? They were banning anyone who referenced a 12 in their sig or avatar.  :rolleyes:
"Inappropriate" as defined by HTC, which is why the YMMV...  Like it or not, this is his forum, his sandbox, and he is allowing us to play in it.  Kick sand in his face, and you are asked to leave.  <shrug>