Author Topic: Large terrains should not be taken out of rotation.  (Read 3228 times)

Offline subversive

• Zinc Member
Re: Large terrains should not be taken out of rotation.
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
Right on sir. Furballers defo play there part in base capture, whether they like it or not (-;
Having said that when a enemy base is saturated in green dots and ya get there, and everything's still up? Bring an egg guys, rolling base's creates furballs, no one likes getting rolled <S>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »
Quoted for truth.

Some people like to take bases. Smaller, denser maps will make this more difficult.

Waiting for the "it should be difficult" arguments (from those who haven't put me on the ignore list.)

Not every player is an uber baby seal, lemming killer. Some newbies need some space to develop and have fun. New players are just as valuable as customers as crusty old forum warriors.

Sorry for the whining tangent. I still don't have the answer to our international comrades during their peak hours.

No, not every player is an "uber baby seal, lemming killer" but fighting more or working to take a base instead of avoiding fights or sneaking/rolling base TEACHES you how to be a better play.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2015, 11:15:58 AM »
I voted yes for the simple reasons A. It's difficult for a new player to find fights as it is. If the player base has a smaller area to fight in, it would be easier to find fights and have fun. B. The player base isn't as big as it use to be and somestimes there is a big fight on one side of the map and no action on the other. This isn't about only having 2 teams because I like 3 teams, there just isn't enough players to satisfy both sides with the player base currently. That being said, I think the base distance has a huge impact on the excitement as well. Even on a small map far bases can detour people from reupping, also making it difficult to defend from another base. Festers map is the only big map that works right now because the bases are close together and the base location brings all the game concepts together. The only thing I don't like is TT. The base location and distance even on a small map makes a big difference to the exciment and makes it a little more fast paced.

I hope there are another few small maps you could put in rotation as well so the current ones don't dry out. There are a ton of incredible maps in this game that hopefully we could utilize in the MA setting.

All in all I'm still having a good time but I don't fly in the off hours and I completely understand their sentiment having played this game for over 10 years.

:salute
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »
OK then lets see some of you guys make some new maps... I am in the process wwith the new terrain editor on making a small but rather fun map... ohh did I tell you its all ports and a small island cluster in the center for teh guys who want to furball ...

LAwnDart

Dang it LawnDart, what the heck are you thinking?  You know dang well the Luftwaffe has no carrier based aircraft.  You had better be installing runways at those ports or you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Luftwaffe Uber Alles!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »
Simple solution, Make a ring of three untakeable V bases with a center spawn and make a ring of untakeable airfields around the Vbases. Place this "island" on large maps so people quit crying about not being able to find a fight in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2015, 02:20:03 PM »
Simple solution, Make a ring of three untakeable V bases with a center spawn and make a ring of untakeable airfields around the Vbases. Place this "island" on large maps so people quit crying about not being able to find a fight in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping.

Just shows that you aren't actually understanding what it's all about...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2015, 02:53:09 PM »
Just shows that you aren't actually understanding what it's all about...

There aren't enough numbers in the middle of the night to support small maps. If people don't want to fight they will go other places. The problem isn't large maps, It's that we have so few players at 3am.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »
Dang it LawnDart, what the heck are you thinking?  You know dang well the Luftwaffe has no carrier based aircraft.  You had better be installing runways at those ports or you will be hearing from my lawyer.

Luftwaffe Uber Alles!

To quote another player this is the idea..

LOL i guess we are on the same strategy.. I will post some screenies as I get it along better...

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 03:45:39 PM »

There aren't enough numbers in the middle of the night to support small maps. If people don't want to fight they will go other places. The problem isn't large maps, It's that we have so few players at 3am.

When there's only 20 people online it's easier to find action when there is only 3-4 frontline bases instead of 20-30.

The problem IS that we have so few players but one of the leading causes of the declining numbers is not being able to find any action during the off hours.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2015, 03:56:36 PM »
WOW, cancel your subscription? Really?

I don't think anyone HTC is saying get rid of the large maps forever! While the numbers are low, concentrate the players on the small maps. Once AH3 is released and the new players start rolling in  :pray Im sure HTC will add in the large maps again, who knows maybe a reworked Trinity as well.

Can you point me to that post where HT said something about eliminating big maps?  I haven't been around much lately.

The game is suppose to be about using simulated WWII battle equipment against "live" players from around the globe in realtime action. It also gives players the option to avoid that action. That "other game" gives small battle areas in timed missions. Why? Because it gives quick action, NOT quick avoidance. If HTC wants to continue/grow then that is the way they are going to want to go.

Are you a spokesperson for HTC now?  If so I'll just search for your posts.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:58:17 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »
I've got a screwy idea: Off Peak Rates. Make it free to play 1AM to 7AM Eastern.

not a bad idea!     :aok

<--- voted yes   (even though we had 3 hours of fun on Fester's map this afternoon)  all you have to do is pretend to attack a bish town and they are all like   :mad:  :bhead  :furious     :joystick:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:09:27 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Can you point me to that post where HT said something about eliminating big maps?

There's a vote popup at game login.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
 :ahand
WOW, cancel your subscription? Really?

I would consider it actually  (not that it really matters)   Things change....is what it is
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:34:50 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »

Lmao so if there aren't enough numbers to support small maps, how will having big maps help solve the low population problem?
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »
Lmao so if there aren't enough numbers to support small maps, how will having big maps help solve the low population problem?

It's not a map size problem, It's a population problem.