Author Topic: ENY - and why it is bad for the game  (Read 11141 times)

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
Re: ENY - and why it is bad for the game
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:30 AM »
How would you go about taking the advantage away from the chess piece which has numerical superiority?

One little change might do it. How about removing the time limit for switching back if you switch to a low numbers country?
Flying as Noser

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 12:04:59 PM »
One little change might do it. How about removing the time limit for switching back if you switch to a low numbers country?
then you throw out any chance of fair competitive play. What stops someone from side switching just for intel?

Sure you can always run 2 accounts and gather nme intel that way but that is a different topic and one i refuse to practice.

The best way to counter it is to rally as a country and force the enemy's hand head on in organized tactical combat. Something a lot of people want nothing to do with.

Numbers will increase in the future but eny will remain. What is a killer is high eny with low numbers. If its 30vs8vs23 it makes things hard to get done tactically speaking. Still everytime i deal with high eny it forces me to change my tactics a bit and I always look forward to something different.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:07:40 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:03 PM »

Been suggested many times before and I can't come up with any unintended consequences other than squads getting separated if the balance evens out or flips before they all switch.  Without a time limit on going to the low side, there will always be a side available to switch to so I think guys who want to fly together would be able to, just might take a couple switches.  You could swap just for intel, but until numbers even out they would be stuck on the enemy side for 6 hours.
AMAX  in game

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »
Been suggested many times before and I can't come up with any unintended consequences other than squads getting separated if the balance evens out or flips before they all switch.  Without a time limit on going to the low side, there will always be a side available to switch to so I think guys who want to fly together would be able to, just might take a couple switches.  You could swap just for intel, but until numbers even out they would be stuck on the enemy side for 6 hours.

unintended consequences
Lets say your on the low side and your time switch has expired.

You can then switch to the high side, and immediately switch back.

HiTEch

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 12:18:25 PM »
Lets say your on the low side and your time switch has expired.

You can then switch to the high side, and immediately switch back.

HiTEch

...So?  Why warp the game around people who only want to play hide and go seek?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 12:19:05 PM »
ENY is a great tool, it make the guys who fly nothing but low ENY planes to get there kills actually have fly a high ENY plane. I guess they find out there not so good.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:21:26 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »
I have little sympathy for the "I can't fly my plane because of ENY" crowd. It shows an unwillingness to fly an aircraft that does not have the safety net of speed  and it show they lack the fortitude to endure fighting at a disadvantage.

If ENY make you want to log off, go ahead. All who remain are better off.

THIS!!!    :aok

I prefer the F6F or C205 in LW.  I actually started flying the A6M2 in there last night.  It is fun to fly the earlier planes in LW.  Amps up the game for me.

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »

...I want to fly a P51.

Maybe the answer is raise the P-51D to a 10.  The P-51 is just not that big of threat anyway.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »
The P-51 is just not that big of threat anyway.

That's because the pilot is usually running away!  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 12:40:15 PM »
Honestly, when was the last time anybody heard over country channel something to the effect of, "Oh thank goodness, ENY is keeping them out of the late war planes."  I can't recall ever seeing it happen since I've been here.
Wiley.

Me...I've said this many times. In fact, I love to hear the squeals and whines of players in a horde when they have a hard time because of ENY.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:42:56 PM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
Me...I've said this many times. In fact, I love to hear the squeals and whines of players in a horde when they have a hard time because of ENY.

Ok, but the outnumbered side's still getting ganged right left and center.  Where's the benefit again, other than the whining and possibly getting them to log?

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »
Ok, but the outnumbered side's still getting ganged right left and center.  Where's the benefit again, other than the whining and possibly getting them to log?

Wiley.

I'm talking about the players in the horde, the ones who yell at you from a mob and then cry like a baby if you catch them alone. If they want to kill inanimate objects without resistance, go to another arena.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »
I'm talking about the players in the horde, the ones who yell at you from a mob and then cry like a baby if you catch them alone. If they want to kill inanimate objects without resistance, go to another arena.

Right.  So the low numbered side's getting ganged, whining, and logging off or moving somewhere else on the map.
The high numbered side's whining about ENY, ganging, and some are maybe logging off.

What's the benefit again?  Getting people to log off out of frustration shouldn't be an intentional part of the game design, especially with numbers the way they are.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »
BUT...I want to fly a P51.  It really is a simple as that.  When you take that away from me I log off.  Is it that hard to understand??????

Honestly, for me at least, that is hard to understand. 

Not saying you're right and I'm wrong, but I just don't grasp why someone would insist on always flying one particular plane, all the time, when we have so many nice ones to choose from.

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

Maybe the answer is raise the P-51D to a 10.  The P-51 is just not that big of threat anyway.

But in fact the P-51D is the big killer in the main arena... no other plane kills so much more than it is being killed. It's the dominating plane of the set.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman