Author Topic: SuperBowl Anti-drug Commercials  (Read 2959 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
SuperBowl Anti-drug Commercials
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2002, 03:59:26 PM »
Wondered who would be the first to show up and try to refute that.

Hey man, I ain't saying off the top of my head that it isn't addictive. This is straight from your very own Federal Government that deems this drug "illegal". I ain't blowin' smoke up your ass, although you guys seem to think that while you have very little to no information about these drugs, that you can comment on it.

I know that there are things such as.. okay here it goes so stay with me: Physical dependence and MENTAL dependence. But do you know what this means? Physical means that there is something in the drug that attaches itself to your receptor cell sites. This in turn causes a need for these receptor cells to have this new drug that replaced a naturally occuring one to remain on the receptor cells. What happens when you don't get this artificial component that your body has adapated to? It goes into shock, and you become either a little sick, or very violently ill.

Mental dependence is when you need the drug to function properly. Kind of like ritalin. Or maybe all those other pills you see advertised on TV to help you get through life. If you take that away, the person simply can not function anymore. Things like opium, LSD, ecstasy or crank have these properties, but are also physically addictive.

Marijuana does not have the properties to make it physically addictive, once it's out of your body you won't crave it. It does not form a mental dependence because it does make your mind need it. YOU want it, but you don't NEED it to function properly. You might think you do, but you don't.

Marijauna is habit forming, and that's that.

This isn't some second hand information I picked up off of some tard on the street, or sitting behind a podium trying to save his political career, this information comes straight from your federal government from extensive research and testing.

So, call bull on it. I don't give a rat's ass, but I'm not the one roadkillting here.
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2002, 04:13:07 PM »
So it appears what we should do is totally disregard all laws we feel unnecessary, no longer try to tell our children to avoid alcohol and drugs because they will ultimately see through the sham, and of course never tell them to not do any particular wrong (as it is highly likely we have committed the wrongs ourselves, and we couldn't live with the hypocracy).

Gee, kids really do get to raise themselves in some homes...

You guys are way overreacting over a commercial.

Offline Udie at Work

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2002, 04:44:24 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
So it appears what we should do is totally disregard all laws we feel unnecessary,....

Well it is the American way.  Look at our history.  You come to Tx with you're wife or girlfriend and you have sex (not trying to make this personal to you personaly).  Did you know that here and in most southern states that if you do anything other than missionary position that you have committed sodome and broken this states sodomy laws?  Have you ever gone 36 in a 35mph zone?  60 in a 55?   Actually not following or obeying laws is one of the ways we change them here!  

again I ask,  are we a free country?

liberty or death?

smoke a joint go to jail?  that's evil !!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: and whoopeeit it's un-American too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2002, 05:40:08 PM »
Originally posted by Udie at Work
"Everybody who smokes pot should be executed, that would solve the problem"  

Your uncle Julian is a wise man

In fact that's worthy sig material

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2002, 05:53:06 PM »
Question 3. Why the hell do they try and link marijuana usage with terrorism? That's freakin stupid and lends credence to what Weazel says about Bush.

Time to give a special thanks to the IRA.  It was their major source of cash for the last decade.

Marijuana being the smuggled substance... guns being another.  Only one was going into the USA however.

Its called denial Udie.. you'll get better some day;)

AKDejaVu

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2002, 05:59:36 PM »
Originally posted by Soviet

Your uncle Julian is a wise man

In fact that's worthy sig material

you are pretty sad for wishing for a whole round of orphans and widows in the world. you want to put people for death for smoking weed?

are you gonna be the big tough guy that yanks mary outta class and puts her in the electric chair for smoking weed? are you gonna haul away dad from the family for taking a toke with his friends on the weekends at a football party?

all the while toting your keys on a budweiser frogs key chain probably.

if you were drowning, i wouldnt even stop to spit on you.

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2002, 06:32:38 PM »
MrFish, i happen to agree with Soviet. The answer to your question is Yes. Lets see, what do drug dealers, and druggies do in our society...rob people for money to buy drugs, drag society down, and break law. Is that the type of people that you want or the US wants, NO. The US and other countires want people who work for money, not stick up people. All these druggies NEED TO GET A LIFE AND GET THERE bellybutton TO WORK. These people think they are above the law, and can smoke weed and pot, wrong. If peoples lives are soo bad that the need to resort to drugs, most likey they dont even want to live anymore. Drugs are a lowly act that are done by people who cant handle life. Udie's uncle is a very smart man. He sounds like a person who earned his living, and a hard worker. The type of person i admire and look up to. And BTW, that quote is definatlly siggy matieral

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2002, 06:34:13 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish

you are pretty sad for wishing for a whole round of orphans and widows in the world. you want to put people for death for smoking weed?

are you gonna be the big tough guy that yanks mary outta class and puts her in the electric chair for smoking weed? are you gonna haul away dad from the family for taking a toke with his friends on the weekends at a football party?

all the while toting your keys on a budweiser frogs key chain probably.

if you were drowning, i wouldnt even stop to spit on you.

Your not even worth my time.........

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2002, 06:35:16 PM »
I could have read all that garbage and come up with a really witty response, but I'm got halfway through and didn't need to go any farther. Mrfish is right.  Alcohol harms far more people than pot. Pot smokers are not dangerous, yet they make up the majority of drug arrests every year. Why? Because pot heads are easy targets. You're not going to see many stoners put up much of a fight when the police come. Stop wasting the money spent every year to try to stop weed and spend it on something that might actually accomplish a goal. Make pot legal and tax the hell out of it. Use that money to help treat the addicts of the serious problems: heroin, cocaine, and (gasp) alchohol. I wonder how far eliminating the thousands of pot users from prison would go towards helping our prison overcrowding problem?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2002, 06:37:42 PM »
Don't worry Dinger.  The only reason why no one is responding to you, is because you are making sense.  They honestly don't want to deal with that.  They just want to indulge in a lot of righteouse indignation.  It make them feel morally superior or something.

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2002, 06:38:24 PM »
As i said...you wana smoke pot and break laws...go to Iraq, Iran, Somalia, or places like that. You could smoke all day, and no one will bother you. Sounds good, huh?:rolleyes:

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2002, 06:38:32 PM »
I hope none of you anti-drug crusaders drink.  Because if you get drunk, you are a drug abuser.  Don't confuse legality and morality.

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2002, 06:38:59 PM »
You know i don't like the law on assault much, i think i should go around beating people because i don't like the law on assault.   See what i'm getting at, you can't just follow what laws you want to.  And i don't even do alcohol much, i only had it a few times during holidays when i was young.  Hell I don't even like it.  Mr. Fish you diddlying studmuffingot, you need to get a job and stop smoking your Golly-geen weed, it's turned you into a soldier of pot.  Get a diddlying life.

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2002, 06:40:37 PM »
I will swear on the bible if you want, but i have never had a drop of alcohol or taken  drugs. It's the right thing to do

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2002, 06:41:43 PM »
Originally posted by JoeCrip
MrFish, i happen to agree with Soviet. The answer to your question is Yes. Lets see, what do drug dealers, and druggies do in our society...rob people for money to buy drugs, drag society down, and break law. Is that the type of people that you want or the US wants, NO. The US and other countires want people who work for money, not stick up people. All these druggies NEED TO GET A LIFE AND GET THERE bellybutton TO WORK. These people think they are above the law, and can smoke weed and pot, wrong. If peoples lives are soo bad that the need to resort to drugs, most likey they dont even want to live anymore. Drugs are a lowly act that are done by people who cant handle life. Udie's uncle is a very smart man. He sounds like a person who earned his living, and a hard worker. The type of person i admire and look up to. And BTW, that quote is definatlly siggy matieral

and you dont drink or smoke cigarettes? yeah right.

you would sanction the death of all those people? where are all the christian morals now on this board?

i tell you if you sin in your mind it is like sinning in reality right? you pompous pious tulips sit back flacid, cowardly and ineffectual getting outraged about homo teachers while people make death threats. shame.

you are homicidal maniacs and hypocrits beside.

maybe if marijuana were packaged with the image of a camel and spread out on the side of a nascar then idiots like you would snap out of it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2002, 06:45:23 PM by mrfish »