Author Topic: AK's...  (Read 948 times)

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
AK's...
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2002, 09:33:30 AM »
gotta say when the new map came out I found it hard, then I worked out how I could use it and adapted my style of playing and started to enjoy myself once more.
If you can provoke a couple of guys/squad to defend a base you can have hours of fun or look for a base to defend yourself.

I had alot more 1v1 and 2v1 and had more fun Buff hunting with my squad without the pressure of other people around forcing you to attack early because their about to attack from dead 6 and dont care if they die as long as they get at least one kill. I find this really annoying if you've spent the time to gain alt and get infront of the formation to set up for a run.

yeah the map had things I didn't like that much, but on the whole I liked it.

The old maps came back and I felt quite claustrophobic, I find that my assists have increased due to the 'everybody follow the smoking plane syndrome' and I cant find my own space as easily.

waiting for more big maps,

WTG AK's

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
AK's...
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2002, 11:32:00 AM »
Yes lee, you did appologize but Iron denied it happend, so I pointed out to him what was said.
Wabbit.It was just a reminder that it did happen. Some people were denying it did.  How do you share a beer at the con after you have attacked someones family?
Once you take the gloves off their off. Manx has to learn that but blasting the fight over into peoples families..
bad idea I think. Just as bad as trying to pretend it didnt happen.

I think the AK map was an interesting experiment. I had always favoured a very side ballanced map as the designers of that map obviosly did. The abundence and speed of the vehicle spawns was also something that I had thought would really improve the game. And I love canyons as much as anyone.

So I saw many ideas in that map that had occured to me and that I had talked about with others over beers, but none of us had the nuts or skill to build the thing and test it and submit it. And you guys did. Most of the people in this game that you respect probably respect you for your effort, and see value with the map as well as having issues with facets of it.. I had fun on your map though I never got used to looking at the map zoomed out.