Author Topic: Pearl Harbor  (Read 847 times)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Pearl Harbor
« on: July 30, 2002, 04:29:00 AM »
I have a question, has there ever been Pearl Harbor snapshot scenario? This would really be interesting. I thought of this recently after seeing the movie again and again and again on DVD and watching Ben Affleck save the world in his P-40 gave me the idea of a Pearl Harbor scenario. I guess there would be two possibilities. The first being the historic scenario and the second being with CVs at harbor or nearby the attack. Would be very interesting to see how things unfolded. Would HT be able to divide up the fleet in such a way to make this scenario possible. Now that we basically have the required early war plane set its doable.

Any comments would be appreciated, thnx...

:D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2002, 04:36:18 AM by senna »

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 04:42:38 AM »
Oops meant to put this one up. srry.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 05:33:22 AM »
Cool! So who gets to play the part of the sexy nurse? :D Would any pilot from the FDBs do?

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 05:46:02 AM »
How could we simulate that surprise?:D
I am a spy!

Offline CBFASI

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.cbfasi.co.uk/
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 06:09:44 AM »
Possibly by restricting the number of Allied aircraft allowed in the air before the Japanese arrive, the only US planes I can see being allowed up would be the unarmed B17s (now that would be a challenge....)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 06:11:01 AM »
Doesnt it sound hopelessly boring? 200 something japanese planes diving in on a fleet in port and an airfield, vulching the toejam out of the airfield, and blowing the fleet off the face of the planet (oh, yeah, we would have to disable ack for the first wave too).

What would the americans do? Apart from trying to up from a rediculously vulched field that is.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 06:16:33 AM »
Well, I think you just got all the Bishops interested...

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2002, 07:16:21 AM »
Yeah, but where are we going to get a row of VLS 963 class destroyers?

Come to think of it, they should have lit off fire control; could have taken out most of the air armada in a matter of minutes.  If they ran out of white birds they just put the '48 in burn through mode and cook the pilots in their cockpits.

Final Countdown scenario, anyone?  We could use the LA7 as a replacement for the F14s...
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline ATC

• Zinc Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2002, 07:33:08 AM »
I bet we will have a Pearl Harbor event.  We now have most of the planes.

This is a great scenario, as I flew this event 3 times in Air Warrior.

Bring it on!!!

ATC
The Damned MKX

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2002, 07:33:55 AM »
Actually . ..

We ran a PEARL HARBOR SCENARIO in Air Warrior 2 years in a row ! The scenario was 6 Frames with the US and IJN Sides trading spots between Frames #3 and #4. We had a SET Number pilots flying just ZEKES that did not switch sides so that the IJN Side always had a numbers advantage.

The concessions we made were as follows.

Frame #1 the US could take off ONLY AFTER CON ID'swere spotted. We did allow just 3 C47's up as scouts but they were restricted to within the shoreline of Pearl.

Frame #2 the US could take off at T+30 regardless of when the IJN Showed up.

Frame #3 they could take off at T+0 AND they had 1 Carrier come into play.

Yes is was not 100% Historically Accurate but all involved - 200+ per frame - thourghly enjoyed themselves.

Also I was the the CO that WON Both as US CO and IJN CO both time in 1999 and 2000.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2002, 07:38:31 AM »
"We ran a PEARL HARBOR SCENARIO in Air Warrior 2 years in a row ! The scenario was 6 Frames with the US and IJN Sides trading spots between Frames #3 and #4. We had a SET Number pilots flying just ZEKES that did not switch sides so that the IJN Side always had a numbers advantage. "

There goes Jordi living in the past again.....

Jordi, a true multi frame format is for simmers; it's long, hard and complicated.

Do you really think that sort of thing would go down here?

Offline CDR Akira

• Copper Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2002, 09:06:26 AM »
vehicle/plane set for PH event;

USS Nevada,TBM,F4F,J2F,jeep,B-17,PBY,firetugs,submarines,pt boats,and lots of japanise planes

sorry no P-40s were in the fight look at the Hitory channels presentation on the truth of pearl harbor it says all the planes were f4f tbm some sbds

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2002, 09:15:11 AM »
sorry no P-40s were in the fight look at the Hitory channels presentation on the truth of pearl harbor it says all the planes were f4f tbm some sbds

Well then, just what exactly were Danny and Rafe...ehmm... I mean Taylor and Welch flying from that remote Army field?

Charon

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2002, 09:31:33 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker

Do you really think that sort of thing would go down here?

If you are asking ME - Yes I do.

[/B]

I was twitching when I read the format of 18 FRAMES !

I wisely choose NOT to participate since I was in the middle of my Midway Design at that point. I think I did walkon for a few frames.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Pearl Harbor
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2002, 12:15:12 PM »
Hortlund wrote something like
Doesnt it sound hopelessly boring? 200 something planes diving in on a fleet in port and an airfield, vulching the toejam out of the airfield, and blowing the fleet off the face of the planet ....

What would the (other side) do? Apart from trying to up from a ridiculously vulched field that is.

Just another day in Knightland trying to save the last 4 bases we have standing....