Author Topic: The Real Eve  (Read 3014 times)

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2002, 07:35:26 PM »
Ok, first, bear in mind that Abiogenesis is a completely separated theory and really less supported by fact than Evolution, so you can´t disprove Evolution by attacking Abiogenesis,

Abiogenesis so is closer to a hypothesis than a proper theory. Many of the predictions are still to be proven, but that is the way science works.

Basic and simplified  Abiogenesis:

The forming of organic mater from simple chemicals under some conditions is far from random.
(Problem: were the early Earth conditions suitable?)

From there you end up getting  very simple  self-replicating RNA-like molecular structures.
(This is a difficult and important step, but experiments hint that it is possible)

Groups of self-replicating molecules end up beign more efficient than others and as they get more and more complicated they "need" a better and more complex reproduction mechanism so after many mutations you end up with a simple bacteria: a strand of DNA floating inside a membrane that reproduces itself by subdivision.
(I guess this will be really hard to get to happen on a lab, those things had millions of years to try every stupid combination they could bring about)

So, there you have your explanation, it has gaps, but think of what you risk placing God on them, as I said, he might be squeezed when facts come to support these ideas or a new and better theory accounts for these matters.

[Edited for horrible grammar]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2002, 07:37:42 PM by takeda »

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
The Real Eve
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2002, 10:49:55 PM »
Hortland.. for an intelligent person I'm having a tough time agreeing with you.

the 'pea soup/electricity" experiment yielded amino acids .
the basis of life.

Obviously humans don't have long enough life spans to simulate what takes place over eons to give absolute proof one way or another.  
Belief in theorys, religion, god figure, evolution of cells, electrons, whatever, all require us to 'read between the lines'.  It's one of the things that makes us human.. the ability to have our minds go past mere observation.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2002, 11:00:06 PM »
This has brought a question to mind.

Does the fact that all Europeans, Asians, and Native Americans are descended from a group of Africans mean that Klan members now have to hate themselves?

Curious, Shuckins

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2002, 12:04:36 AM »
I think the fact that a bunch of drunk tards can actually form some sort of a loose association (read squad) and actually be able to turn on a computer is proof that while evolution is indeed a fact, some unwanted characteristics still can fall through the cracks.

Survival of the species is everybodys buisness.

Does the fact that all Europeans, Asians, and Native Americans are descended from a group of Africans mean that Klan members now have to hate themselves?

Somebody get me the gaff.

I'm kinda enjoying the resta the thread tho.. so; hortland, yah piqued my intrest. Tell me, what came first; the amazinhunk or the appetite?

is god the eveready bunny?

will animal put up a mouse controlled slideshow depicting hortland pulling his shirt on/off??
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
The Real Eve
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2002, 12:38:18 AM »
What difference does it make where we came from?  Where we're going is whats worth argueing about.  God is the missing link... whatever "God" is.  Lets just hope "God" can keep us from destroying ourselves.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2002, 01:04:16 AM »
Getting back to Eve, the documentary did not discuss perhaps the most importanat facet; The Eve was in fact from the fourth planet of Regulus.  I read it on Art Bell, so it must be correct.  Wait! Did you see that? :)
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Awulf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.imagisite.com/mdiplo
The Real Eve
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2002, 09:22:29 AM »
Geez... go away from the BB for an evening and it takes an hour to catch up on this thread ;)

So, there you have your explanation, it has gaps, but think of what you risk placing God on them, as I said, he might be squeezed when facts come to support these ideas or a new and better theory accounts for these matters.

If you didn't place God in here somewhere you would have nothing.
No surprise here but I definately believe in God and that we were all created in His image.

God has revealed all the truth that is now in the possession of the world, whether it be scientific or religious. by Brigham Young

When I was a child, my family would put together a huge jigsaw puzzle each Christmas, one that would take a week to finish, with thousands of small, look-alike pieces. Each piece fit in only one place, and we could complete the picture only by placing each piece correctly. When the Lord allows the scientists to discover all their parts, and he sees fit to reveal his part, the “picture” of what scientists have learned and the “picture” of what God has done will be the same. by Don Lind

In the end I fervently believe True Science and True Religion will support each other.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2002, 10:16:59 AM »
guess it will do as a theory until we uncover yet another "oldest" corpse somewhere.   Sheesh... these guys can't even tell you what happened a couple hundred years ago and now they come up with this?   They need a little better proff for me.   Not that I care one way or the other anyway except..... when do I get my slave pay bonus?
lazs

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2002, 10:38:46 AM »
guess it will do as a theory until we uncover yet another "oldest" corpse somewhere. Sheesh... these guys can't even tell you what happened a couple hundred years ago and now they come up with this? They need a little better proff for me. Not that I care one way or the other anyway except..... when do I get my slave pay bonus?

Bashing paleonthologists, recent era historians  and "black whiners" with just a three liner... can't compete with that. I surrender to your "m4d r3asonin' skillz".

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
The Real Eve
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2002, 12:44:35 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
 Not that I care one way or the other anyway except..... when do I get my slave pay bonus?
lazs

DOH!!  I firmly believe in the African woman thingy being my Grandma....  I DEMAND REPARATIONS!!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2002, 12:15:32 PM »
I got my bellybutton kicked by a spider monkey in 6th grade. I got too close to his cage and he ripped my shirt off, pulled out handfuls of my hair and scratched my face up. The point is that maybe it's the monkeys who evolved from man and not the other way around. After all they're stronger and faster than we are and, in the case of the FDBs they're brighter too.

Offline Hortlund3

• Zinc Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2002, 12:17:35 PM »
Was it after the spider monkey incident you decided to pick up bungee jumping Elf?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2002, 08:35:11 AM »
takeda... is there anything wrong or... not correct about anything I've said about paleo's, black whiners or recent historians?  Or.... is it just that you are from spain?

elf... when I was a kid, the people down the street were stupid enough to buy their kid a spider monkey... She was showing it off by letting it ride on her shoulder..  for some reason (unknown to us lesser primates) the monkey got pissed (literally and figureitively) and...  well, whenever anyone uses the expression "gonna tear off your head and piss down your neck"... I think of that day.   I believe they now own pit bulls or rots or something..
lazs

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2002, 09:16:43 AM »
LOL Lazs...it's sounds like Darwin is trying to work on your neighbors down the street, just needs a couple of more tries at it.

Cobra

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2002, 09:35:32 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
theory is theory, not fact

You are confusing "theory" with "hypothesis". Theory is a fact in scientific vernacular. Of course science does not claim fact to be an "absolute truth" either.

That "mitohondrial Eve" issue is very confusing to laypeople. If there was a population of 10,000 or 250 people at some point among which that "Eve" lived, we are descendants of every single one of them who had any descendants.
 The only special thing about the "Eve" is that we could trace our ancestry to her through unbroken female line.
 From everyone else we would be descended through mixed male-female chain.

There is great probabliity that we have much more recent common ancestor than that "Eve" - we just could not use mitohondrial DNA to trace the descent.

miko