Author Topic: A question for "Score potatos"  (Read 2403 times)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
A question for "Score potatos"
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2003, 02:01:57 PM »
I start EVERY tour with the thought to do well and not die..

With EVERY tour going back 4 years by the time I get to 20 sorties I'm either doin so bad I fogitabotit... or if I'm doing good, stop havin fun because of the stress...

What I SHOULD do is start out the new tour with the purpose of doubling my shooting percentage..

Come to think of it, it's the 31'st.

It's a plan.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2003, 02:20:38 PM »
Originally posted by GPreddy
I think there are probably a few dozen Bishops that would disagree with that. The guys with the busted track ten feet off an enemy runway that I resupplied for instance. Or just ten minutes ago diving into a town surrounded by six flacks just to kill the m3 even though it meant certain death. Yeah YOU wouldnt do it but I would have and will again.

The FACT is that success wins over failure. If you succeed more then you fail then you score and therefore rank. If you fail and dont succeed you dont score well. If you dont try you cant do either and youll never learn how.

Understanding how all elements of the game work together and in opposition will help you succeed and help your team succeed. If you dont care about the other elements or how your team does then it doesnt matter what you do. Yes there are a lot of non-team players.

sure bud..
Ill stand by my original post.

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2003, 04:57:44 PM »
Wow,, after all these months of playing. I thought having a K/D score BELOW 1 meant your the best pilot.  BOY, got to stop these sucide runs into the mountain side.

:)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2003, 05:29:35 PM »
The FACT is that success wins over failure. If you succeed more then you fail then you score and therefore rank. If you fail and dont succeed you dont score well. If you dont try you cant do either and youll never learn how.
\

Scoring is so easy in this game.
All you have to do is rtb and hit your shots.

its TOOOOOOOO easy to be ranked good.
All you have to do is fly like a sissy. Go where kills are easy.
Run when u should
Rev when backup comes, hide in ack when theres a present threat. Milkrun buffs over non defended citys where u sure to get
more than one hit for your eggs. Defending CV is the easiest way to score potato in the game.

Who wants to learn to be a wuss?

If you call that being successful then I guess its correct. Its bores me past death and flying to rank bores me more.

I doubt I fly AH2 for this reason, I fly for the dogfight.

Btw? most yer rank guys suck in a dogfight.

Let me see, shall I hit reply?
Yuppers

Offline TWOLF

• Copper Member
LOL!
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2003, 05:31:35 PM »
Yer all dweebs the whole lot of ya one and all.  Yer going to die thats a given so dont let it bother ye. Ye cant escape it. Why ye think it bothers ye? It bothers more then jest you. Thats why the wagger ye just kilt cums up and chases ye again cus hes pist.

Chasing rank doesnt take the fun away far from it! Deja dont think ye fooled anyone either we all know yer aware of score. Lev the guns dont count for rank anyway so whats it matter?

I do a variety of things to have fun in the game and rank happens. What ye fail to realize is that everything that adds up to rank also adds up to dooty. Yer more able to do yer dooty if ye bomb factories and drive vehicles. A fighter cant capture a field and the more ye ask someone else to do the dooty the more thell see you dont do yers. If ye dont enjoy it dont do it but dont wine eether cus nun want to hear it.

Cant take failure yer dweebs!

LOL! good post.  The one of the many things I like  about this game is that you are scored just as much if not more for driving a goon, as you are for landing kills in a fighter.  I have never seen a more comprehensive system for rank in a flight sim.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2003, 05:38:44 PM »
I do a variety of things to have fun in the game and rank happens.
Cant take failure yer dweebs!

Lol!  Rank does not just happen. You have to pursue it.

Maybe there are some here who think you are so good your rank just happens cause yer a god.

But many of us know better.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2003, 05:58:27 PM »
Voss is an embarrassment to ordinary score potatos like myself.  It sounds as if he actually believes that his rank is proof that he is “the best” or something.  I’ve never seen someone so riveted on proving to everyone on the BB, channel 1, and the score pages that he is a flight sim god.  It’s like Pee-Wee-Herman with Muhammad Allie’s attitude.  

Its one thing to play around with the score system, it’s another to let it go to your head.

Voss must look at every thread and think,
"Folks just haven't begun to worship me like I worship myself.  Maybe I can inform them of how amazingly great I am in this thread by telling them about my fantastic exploits.  No one will recognize that I'm really just bragging because I'll show some kind of a distant connection to the topic…  I know that if I just keep telling folks what awesome skills I have, they will begin to worship me…  Then I'll start a cult!  I'll have tons of followers… Then I'll start my own flight sim… And they can back me!  That's the ticket!"

eskimo

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2003, 06:12:07 PM »
ahh i knew we would see Mr Preddy...err The Milk Man...(just kidding-dont get me kiked off....again)....mooooooooooo

anyways i have 1 thing to say..ok 2 things...

Yes score whoring is wak and boring....No one here can say you always wanted to fly bak after you have bomed a deep target,,,or a fighter all the way back...(edited..Boring and WAK for 98% of the pilots)

If you hit a city (jabo)and it needed m3's...I would auger....But i dont care about "rank"

Preddys quote....The FACT is that success wins over failure.

Well roadkill.....

I take it succes means landing to you or getting the most points?.....I have many many times repaeadly got up from a capped base..been vulched 4-5-6 + times...I will get up and out manuever theses guys and I do kill there goon....I can hear it now..( we should have limited lives)..Piss off:D

Getting the MOST points you can has no positive's for your country--Landing does not do one thing for advancement of your country.,..NOT 1 thing......

So with that..I am succesful in saving our counrty from loseing  another base......For the Greater Cause of the Marines and the Knights!!!  Semper Fi

I know the "score potatos"..would not do this..they cant....defintly not on a consistent basis..cause it would wreck there score...

So the 1 or at most2 times that peopl like "preddy "..have "risked all to kill" an M3... is laffable...seriuosly..arent you guys laffing..never mind I know you are.....

anyways..You know and no ones can say different -they are either lying to us or themselves...That there are times when augering and getting a new ride would be much more enjoyable...well i guess if you dont have any other hobbies-friends-family...Im wrong...

Salute
Love BiGB

mooooooooooooooooooo....

moooooo.....

I hear the Blender now.....Milk Shakes any1???

hehehe

P.S. I may need to retract anything i said that will get me in trouble...F.O.Y.P.O.S's
« Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 07:01:26 PM by BGBMAW »

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2003, 06:39:24 PM »
I have never seen a more comprehensive system for rank in a flight sim.

I agree. I see at a design for the average player to do well with study of what's required and acting on it.

As a measure of who is good and who isn't, not.

Everyone knows who is good around here if you spend the time.

Being ranked "may" but in the majority of cases have nothing to do with it.

The best pilot I've ever seen in any sim anywhere is currently ranked here at 2859.

There is a small group of pilots here that "are" the best. Anyone spending time here and flying and dying knows who they are.

Something shared amongst them is never making a reference to it, they just fly and die and have fun.

That's refreshing, and not reserved to this game only.

Getting all puffed up about how good one is reminds me of my old days of bodybuilding a long long time ago.

The little guys talked..dressed, and postured for the rest in the gym...jeez they grunted and groaned and sweated...

The big guys..

...just were.

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2003, 06:41:24 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Voss is an embarrassment to ordinary score potatos like myself.  It sounds as if he actually believes that his rank is proof that he is “the best” or something.  I’ve never seen someone so riveted on proving to everyone on the BB, channel 1, and the score pages that he is a flight sim god.  It’s like Pee-Wee-Herman with Muhammad Allie’s attitude.  

Its one thing to play around with the score system, it’s another to let it go to your head.

Ditto.

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2003, 08:09:56 PM »
What is Voss's rank?  I don't see him listed.  Don't matter to me I can't fly over 160+ hours a tour.

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2003, 08:14:08 PM »
I believe Voss = GPreddy.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2003, 08:26:18 PM »
Originally posted by poopster
I start EVERY tour with the thought to do well and not die..

With EVERY tour going back 4 years by the time I get to 20 sorties I'm either doin so bad I fogitabotit... or if I'm doing good, stop havin fun because of the stress...

What I SHOULD do is start out the new tour with the purpose of doubling my shooting percentage..

Come to think of it, it's the 31'st.

It's a plan.

Double my % and you can have the $50 I'm gonna win :)
Army of Muppets

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2003, 08:35:44 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee

Btw? most yer rank guys suck in a dogfight.

I tend to disagree with that. While I'm sure some of the guys who get in the top15 do suck 1v1, none that I've encountered do. In fact, every person who was in the top15 last tour that I've dueled is very good (fester, heinkel, agjv44, wldthing, Owl). And guaging myself by how I do against Urchin, I'm not too bad.
Army of Muppets

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2003, 10:11:55 PM »
The simple truth is that the top ranking players are simply the best at playing the game. I guess that makes it fun for them.  I would like to among the top scorers but have a way to go yet. But meanwhile I have most fun doing my bit for my country in missions even though I invariably die for it. But then that's my personality I like to be part of something bigger. I'm a natural born marine type, semper fi and all that. Never had the opportunity in real life so this will have to do. I'm ridiculously loyal to the bishops even though I didn't pick them as my country. There is a parallel there in real life in that we cannot choose where we are born but we love our country all the same, good bad or indifferent.  Doing our bit for chess piece and country is what rings our bell.

There is another parallel with real life in that many but by no means all aces were loners and pursued the job with a zeal bordering on obsession.  Ordinary mortals can't hack the constant pursuit of the prize and fall by the wayside.

I won't criticize the high ranked players although I do love to shoot them down. I missed an easy kill on the 4th ranked player the other night, overshot him at mach 4. But he still got me with only a few cannon shells. I'm still seething at that!

This may not be real life but real people inhabit this virtual world with all their faults and failings. We bring that to everything we do.