Author Topic: What about a bit more of diversity  (Read 2272 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
What about a bit more of diversity
« on: March 13, 2003, 07:57:41 AM »
My case this tour:
31 La7 kills
26 spit kills
26 n1k2 kills

Next is P51 with 12 and then A6M5 with 8, rest well below that.

It is becoming franckly monotone to take off just to fight basically against 3 models out of about 50 available.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 08:03:38 AM »
Now that you can't land at enemy bases the p51 and D9 stats may go up... even the nik may be too slow for the new arenas.  Certainly, you will only see it and the spit as defensive planes very close to their own bases.
lazs

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 08:21:08 AM »
lazs, you should know well that 90% of Spit/N1K2/La7 pilots never think on RTB, and those few that do, have a more than respectable range with a spit 100% fuel + DT and a tremendous range in N1K2 100% fuel loaded. New patch modifications are not going to change the actual situation.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 08:32:48 AM »
mandoble... I disagree... on these huge maps, pizza and especially infinity with it's endless flights between fields.... I see hardly any  enemy spits at all at friendly bases... if I do see one or two it is instantly latched onto by at leat half a dozen frienlies who are starved for a kill... any kill... and... who know that not only will the spit fight but.... even if he runs he has zero chance of getting away..

Not being able to land at an enemy base will make it even worse.   Somebody gave some bad (and selfish) council on that "fix".
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 08:58:18 AM »
oed... well... that's true so far as it goes but... for diversity there has to be opportunity for diversity.   If everone has the same choices but only a few are viable then.... most... a vast majority... will choose the best possible weapon.   If there is parity then, while some will continue to fly only one or two planes... the vast majority will choose fairly evenly from a lot of viable choices.  
lazs

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 09:00:36 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I see hardly any  enemy spits at all at friendly bases...

You should know well also that the average spit pilot (90% of them) enganges inmediately as soon as he locates an enemy (probably while aproaching your base or even near his base), even when that enemy is already chased by a dozen of spits and Las. This "tactic" is just what generates the big furballs in the middle of nothing.

If you want to set up a CAP over an enemy base to prevent future attacks on yours, you need some dossis of patience to go there, stay on station and select and attack the enemies that really may cause havoc in your base, not just diving on the first red icon you encounter.

If you want to attack an enemy base, more than problably, you are going to pick up a heavy jabo, not a spit.

These are the main reasons to find few spits over friendly bases, not just a matter of fuel/range.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 09:10:56 AM »
Ok i don't mean to be picky (ok maybe a bit;) )  but i couldn't resist double checking your stats mandoble.:D

kills of-

La-7                31
N1K2               26
Spitfire Mk IX  16  (it's 16 not 26)
P-51D             12
Spitfire V         9

Could it be that your stats are skewed because you try and kill the planes you don't like.  You whine about the la7, n1k, spit being all you ever see, however the p51D has the highest amount of kills and deaths so far this tour.  For being the most used plane you have very few kills of it compared to others.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 09:17:23 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
oed... well... that's true so far as it goes but... for diversity there has to be opportunity for diversity.   If everone has the same choices but only a few are viable then.... most... a vast majority... will choose the best possible weapon.   If there is parity then, while some will continue to fly only one or two planes... the vast majority will choose fairly evenly from a lot of viable choices.  
lazs

Somebody please interpret this for me.:confused:

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: What about a bit more of diversity
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2003, 09:38:43 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
My case this tour:
31 La7 kills
26 spit kills
26 n1k2 kills

Next is P51 with 12 and then A6M5 with 8, rest well below that.

It is becoming franckly monotone to take off just to fight basically against 3 models out of about 50 available.

Don't you think it's time you get a new whine?  You're either squeaking about what planes people like to fly or squeaking that the Spitfire should be perked.

Ack-Ack

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 09:51:55 AM »
Well it looks exploiters landing at enemy field will be in the same boat ive playing since the start of the game...I land my kills even if it means ruining my KOT...

And as stated in earlier posts that were even graced by HT about KOT statistic...

If you fly anything other than late war your penalized in KOT....  Hence promoting the very thing your guys are talking about.. the same mundane planes over and over.

KOT is worthless...   fly a p40b and youll see what mean...  to climb 4k it takes 2 mins  2 mins in a 109 la7 or other late war monster is 7-8k .....  thats freaking huge advantage as it should be but dont double penalize the early war planes with KOT and a crummy plane thats a natrual 20 double dammage.

Not trying to hijack but I think KOT is just a poor statistic...  It should be recorded but not weighted as it is now..  becuase it promotes dweebyness..

2 cents

DoctorYO

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 09:53:35 AM »
Originally posted by slimm50
Somebody please interpret this for me.:confused:

you all suck because you don't fly the planes i want you to.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2003, 10:03:53 AM »
MANDOBLE,

You shouln't run from so many P-51s.  Given the vast quatity of them and how rarely you kill them I can draw no other conclussion.

Being a bit presumptious aren't I?  Guess who else is.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2003, 10:06:30 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
you all suck because you don't fly the planes i want you to.

:D

Thats the exact opposite of what he said.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 10:07:19 AM »
Thrila, I indicated 26 spits, not the mark (IX + V + Seafire). In any case, this is my experience in MA, perhaps you are more lucky and have found much more diversification than me in the last 5 tours.

And, in the case of a clear overusage of 190D9, I would be the first to jump into a different ride and I would be happy having it perked.

At the present tour, all 190s have been kilt 9018 (3872 for D9) times for 28157 (13406 for IX) of Spits. I cant see how actual D9 usage may be a problem in MA aircraft diversification.

About the P51, it is really used in a multipurpose role (attack/fighter), so I'm not surprised by its number of kills or deaths, but that is not the case of spits/N1k2/La7 with very limited jabo capabilities.

Karnak, how rarely I kill P51s? OMG, it is just the 4 in the list.
As an example of a completed tour,  tour 35 D9 vs XXX.
D9 vs P51s(D+B) 79/1
D9 vs Spits(all models) 185/6
D9 vs La7 88/3
D9 vs N1K2 41/6
of a total of 798 kills in D9, that is 50% of kills where these four planes out of 50 available.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 10:25:08 AM by MANDOBLE »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 10:07:55 AM »
Maybe it's because I'm new.

I just play the freaking game.  I fly what's fun, or what's useful for the job I'm doing.   Generally, I'm in the P51, LA5, LA7, P38, Spit9, F4U, or a GV.  I don't know how the score works, except for perks, and I don't care.  It's nice when my ranking is ok, but it's strictly accident, not do to conniving.

Perhaps other people would enjoy the game more if they concentrated more on having fun, less on having the top score.