Author Topic: Enough is Enough!  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2003, 11:35:23 AM »
This goes from one extreme to the other.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2003, 11:35:42 AM »
John Quincy Adams:

"The law given from Sinai was a civil and municipal as well as a moral and religious code; it contained many statutes . . . of universal application-laws essential to the existence of men in society, and most of which have been enacted by every nation which ever professed any code of laws. . . . Vain, indeed, would be the search among the writings of profane antiquity . . . to find so broad, so complete and so solid a basis for morality as this Decalogue lays down."

Alexander Hamilton:

“which, being coeval with mankind and dictated by God Himself, is, of course, superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries, and at all times. No human laws are of any validity, if contrary to this.”

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2003, 11:37:12 AM »
Is that in the constitution?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2003, 11:38:42 AM »
oh snap its not

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2003, 11:45:32 AM »
oh snap, neither  is anything about banning anything religious from public property.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2003, 11:47:31 AM »
yea there is, seperation of church and state. OH NO  

I think ill go put a big picture of satan rapeing a baby at that courthouse. why you say.  Well we gotta represent all the religions. If you bow down to the wish's of one you gotta give in to all of them. Next thing you know L Ron hubbards Picture will be hanging on court house walls.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 11:49:45 AM by Frogm4n »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
mark - you don't have to answer
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2003, 11:50:25 AM »
but what faith were your parents? anyone you looked up to in your formative years?

how many of those ppl were athiests? did you have a bad experience with organized religion?

just wondering...

I don't think 1st gen athiest are a problem.. by the time it gets to a 3rd or 4th - think that would change

and if you think I'm a bible thumper - you think wrong :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2003, 11:54:01 AM »
hey eagler im 4th generation atheist. My family has never had anyone put in jail or devorced. except one. My uncle who became a born again and refuses to talk to my grandmother anymore for not raiseing him to believe in religion. After he found "god" he has been through 2 devorces(only one in our family's history) and spent some time in jail.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2003, 11:58:20 AM »
"yea there is, seperation of church and state. OH NO"

Ummm, read the 1st Amendment.

And I already invoked the sacred name of L Ron and declared Him good.  ;)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2003, 12:00:51 PM »

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2003, 12:00:59 PM »
seperation of church and state.  Keeps the state out of the church, not the church out of the state.

Good stuff apache.  I like hearing from where our founding fathers came from and their mindsights.  Thats how you understand where America came from.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2003, 12:04:06 PM »
John Adams, the country's second president, was drawn to the study of law but faced pressure from his father to become a clergyman. He wrote that he found among the lawyers 'noble and gallant achievments" but among the clergy, the "pretended sanctity of some absolute dunces". Late in life he wrote: "Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"
It was during Adam's administration that the Senate ratified the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, which states in Article XI that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion."

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2003, 12:04:16 PM »
Originally posted by Dnil
seperation of church and state.  Keeps the state out of the church, not the church out of the state.

Ahh, ok.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2003, 12:05:40 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"

That is a bogus and misleading quote

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2003, 12:05:54 PM »
the constitution isnt the bible dnil you cant keep changing meanings to suit your needs