Author Topic: Why are you not all playing AHII beta?  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Why are you not all playing AHII beta?
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2004, 02:57:27 PM »
ok stop this guys! Your making me look like a nice guy!:eek:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2004, 06:16:49 PM »
Thanks Morph!! I did check the thread u posted and I can almost run ah2, just need a bit more ram, a better vid card and a case of beer.

So far I have one of the above  mentioned. :)

Besides, anyone who squaddies up with XJ, has  to be a good chap, like XJ is.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »
lol yeah XJ is a great dude. I am proud to say I am his squadmate.

I think what is getting me by right now is a few things. My system memory and my processor. Both of which are just squeaking by.

I build a system to play AH2. I spent quite a bit of money doing so. That and the fact that it was just time for a new toy.

I hope others are as lucky with their systems being able to run AH2 and have it still be playable with out making any drastic changes and or replacements.  I want to stress Playability . Does the game look as good as it does on my other system? Heck no. Does it run as well in certain situations as it does on my other system. Again, heck no. BUT... Is it playable? Heck yeah.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Why are you not all playing AHII beta?
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2004, 03:01:24 AM »
Originally posted by Tilt
Seems to me that if you can, ............. do...........if you can't then play AH1 or ask for help now. (or both :) )

If you dont "input" now then come the day you'll just be one of the whinning masses :p

seems to me that i shouldnt have to pay to test someone elses game, ah1 is just fine for me right not and i dont really like some of the changes theve made to ah2 so ill just let you guys make all the suggestions because after all whenever anyone posts something they would like to have different, the idea usually gets shot to hell by all of us anyways:eek:

kinda like this vulch fest

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Re: Why are you not all playing AHII beta?
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2004, 04:08:28 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
seems to me that i shouldnt have to pay to test someone elses game,
The idea of opening a beta arena is so that the game can be tested by the widest variety of PC setups.  If HTC had to do all this themselves, with their limited number of setups, AH2 would still be a long way off now, probably a year at least.  By opening it up to everyone, the overall time is vastly reduced.  Apart from that, you get to find out early if your system is up to it, and have the time to do upgrade if it isn't.  Surely it's better to find out now than to stubbornly refuse and then, when the time finally does come, find out your setup is not up to it?
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2004, 08:52:55 AM »
seems to me that i shouldnt have to pay to test someone elses game,

Um hey guess what. YOU have an account for AH1 right? Ok, well then you can play AH2 with out having to play for a new account.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2004, 10:27:22 AM »
morph

ive fiddled with it here and there, just lost in the suace right now about a couple things like witch buildings are what, and damn that suns too bright.:(

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »
haha Yeah that sun is bright!

I have been meaning to get in there and start practicing taking towns out and seeing how much ord is needed for one town. (The towns are much bigger as most know)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2004, 06:03:32 AM »
I will be there once i get 3 hundred bucks:eek:

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2004, 09:12:33 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
ok stop this guys! Your making me look like a nice guy!:eek:

SORRY!! I never intended to make you look like a nice guy! Honest! I think you're reading too much into this!:D
Peace, Pillur

Offline Moochie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2004, 03:57:26 PM »
I'm just sorry AHII doesn't support my Force FX force feedback joystick, which won't work with dx 9.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2004, 04:12:32 PM »
"the sun is bright"

okay mr. suntobright step outside...look at the sun...now if your not already bling come back in and look directly at the ah2 sun and tell me its to bright...

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2004, 07:35:14 PM »
so far in AH2 I tried these....

Temp....as usual I only tried once or twice.....its just to Golly-geen easy to kill in that plane.

BF109 G10....Tried it so i can see the skins....very nice indeed....inside Cockpit looks wonderful...great job....I find it climbs not so well as in AH1....its gonna be the 1 ping plane IMHO...replacing the Hazooka's....plane seems to turn better in 2 then 1...had a great fight co-alt with Temp.....Temp paid the price for his over confident perk plane syndrome

P38....wanted to see if tail would get shot off so easily.....and it didn't....wonderful....turns and climbs the same 1 and 2....anyone practicing alot in the plane will be a dangerous SOB....got my right tail section shot off(vert. stab.)...got into spin...pushed stick forward for nose down to get speed and voila....easy to get out of spin....38 is the plane I tried the most....wanted to kill GV's too....gonna be fun lookin for those bastages hiding in the trees

LA5...man-o-man that things climbs like a 163....flies about the same...but climb rate seems...again its my perception...but it does seems to climb much better.

Spit14....same ol' same ol'

205.....same ol' same ol'

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2004, 07:42:47 PM »
AHII is a step backward for AH.   I'm not going to play a prequel.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2004, 07:55:11 PM »
lacking in optimism again steve:(