Author Topic: Who said it was a good idea to make peace with al-Sadr  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Who said it was a good idea to make peace with al-Sadr
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2004, 10:29:59 PM »
But it is not a lie Nuke.

To them it is the truth.  Nomadic tribes call the land they travel in "Home" just like we do.

You can't get around the fact Israel is an artificial state.  You also need to check out the Israeli terrorist's that attacked the British in the early 20th century.  They were almost as brutal.  

Crumpp

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2004, 10:38:35 PM »
No state is an artificial state. Israel has a right to exist....they are a race that originated in that area.

The Jews and the Greeks are probably the two peoples that have contributed the most to modern man's culture. The Jews have a homeland and deserve their homeland.

The Jews and Israel have an ancient history in that land.....you don't think they have a right to a "homeland" too?

The "Palestinians" are just  Arabs asking for yet another "homeland"

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2004, 10:54:38 PM »
Nuke    

There are two countries that are considered "Artificial States"  Poland and Israel.  Both were created by international treaty and their borders were determined on a map by treaty.

There may be a few more now that the wall came down and Yugoslavia has fragmented.

Nobody has in this formum has asked for the destruction of Israel, Nuke.   In fact I am a strong supporter of Israel as my earlier post's will back up.  I would never support giving into Palestinian demands under the threat of terrorism.

In order to find peace you have to eliminate the source of conflict.  That means understanding the positions of both sides and working towards a mutually agreeable end.  Anything else is simply ignorance.  

Crumpp

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2004, 10:58:52 PM »
Crumpp, a simple question;  If Israel didn't exist where it is, where do you think it should exist?

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2004, 11:26:50 PM »
I don't know nor will even pretend to know a good answer for that.  It's a mute question since Israel exist today.  The real question is Where should Palestine be located?

Crumpp

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2004, 11:32:53 PM »
Palestine never existed.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2004, 11:48:51 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Nuke    

There are two countries that are considered "Artificial States"  Poland and Israel.  Both were created by international treaty and their borders were determined on a map by treaty.

There may be a few more now that the wall came down and Yugoslavia has fragmented.

Nobody has in this formum has asked for the destruction of Israel, Nuke.   In fact I am a strong supporter of Israel as my earlier post's will back up.  I would never support giving into Palestinian demands under the threat of terrorism.

In order to find peace you have to eliminate the source of conflict.  That means understanding the positions of both sides and working towards a mutually agreeable end.  Anything else is simply ignorance.  

Crumpp

Poland got screwed over worse.  FDR and Churchill blatantly lied to the exiled govt's faces repeatedly.  The Poles had the most kills in the RAF in WWII.  The most sickening part of it all is that on June 8th, 1946, the British Labour government invited Communist Poland to their Victory Parade.  To avoid pissing off Stalin, barred the hundreds of thousands of Poles who had fought under Britsih Command.   Poland shrunk by over 50% at the end of the Border Carvings after WWII.  

Long live the Kosciuszko Squadron.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2004, 12:41:10 AM »

Really? So what was Mieszko I thinking, anyway?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2004, 01:04:27 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Really? So what was Mieszko I thinking, anyway?

Toad, you've impressed me.

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2004, 03:47:48 AM »
The land just didn't appear out of sea for the Israeli's to live on.  People were living there and their homes were removed so the State of Israel could be formed.  It didn't happen in a vaccuum and just because some European looks at a map and says "This land is for the Jew's" Does not make it right.
Facts are the land was unjustly taken.
Crumpp

Wow! what an interesting view of history.  I have NO idea where your opinion comes from.

Here's MY understanding of Israels history.

Jewish Immigration to the Holy Land, which had been going on since the 1880's increased just before WW2 due to the persecution of European Jews the Nazi's.  The local Arab population wanted to limit the numbers arriving and there were clashes between the Jewish immigrants and the Arabs.  In 1947 Britian gave up its mandate and the U.N. took over supervision.  The U.N. proposed TWO states, one Arab, one Jewish.  The Jews accepted; the Arabs rejected the plan.  David Ben-Gurion declared the foundation of the state of Israel on May 15th, 1948.  Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan invaded, and were beaten back.  The Jews secured and extended the area proposed for them by the U.N.

Let's back up a bit.

A common misperception is that the Jews were forced into the diaspora by the Romans after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem around 70 A.D. and then, 1,800 years later, "suddenly" returned to Palestine demanding their country back. In reality, the Jewish people have maintained ties to their historic homeland for more than 3,700 years. A national language and a distinct civilization have been maintained.

The Jewish people base their claim to the land of Israel on at least four premises: 1) God promised the land to the patriarch Abraham; 2) the Jewish people settled and developed the land; 3) the international community granted political sovereignty in Palestine to the Jewish people and 4) the territory was captured in defensive wars.

The term "Palestine" is believed to be derived from the Philistines. In the second century A.D., after crushing the last Jewish revolt, the Romans first applied the name Palaestina to Judea (the southern portion of what is now called the West Bank) in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel. The Arabic word "Filastin" is derived from this Latin name.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel formed the first constitutional monarchy in Palestine about 1000 B.C. The second king, David, first made Jerusalem the nation's capital. Although eventually Palestine was split into two separate kingdoms, Jewish independence there lasted for 212 years. Almost as long as America has enjoyed independence.

Even after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem and the beginning of the exile, Jewish life in Palestine continued and often flourished. Large communities were reestablished in Jerusalem and Tiberias by the ninth century. In the 11th century, Jewish communities grew in Rafah, Gaza, Ashkelon, Jaffa and Caesarea.

Many Jews were massacred by the Crusaders during the 12th century, but the community rebounded in the next two centuries as large numbers of rabbis and Jewish pilgrims immigrated to Jerusalem and the Galilee. Prominent rabbis established communities in Safed, Jerusalem and elsewhere during the next 300 years. By the early 19th century-years before the birth of the modern Zionist movement-more than 10,000 Jews lived throughout what is today Israel.

When Jews began to immigrate to Palestine in large numbers in 1882, fewer than 250,000 Arabs lived there, and the majority of them had arrived in recent decades. Palestine was never an exclusively Arab country. No independent Arab or Palestinian state ever existed in Palestine. When the distinguished Arab-American historian, Princeton University Prof. Philip Hitti, testified against partition before the Anglo-American Committee in 1946, he said: "There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not." In fact, Palestine is never explicitly mentioned in the Koran, rather it is called "the holy land" (al-Arad al-Muqaddash).

Prior to partition, Palestinian Arabs did not view themselves as having a separate identity. When the First Congress of Muslim-Christian Associations met in Jerusalem in February 1919 to choose Palestinian representatives for the Paris Peace Conference, the following resolution was adopted:

"We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria, as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographical bonds."

In 1937, a local Arab leader, Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, told the Peel Commission (which ultimately suggested the partition of Palestine) "There is no such country [as Palestine]! 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria."

The representative of the Arab Higher Committee to the United Nations submitted a statement to the General Assembly in May 1947 that said "Palestine was part of the Province of Syria" and that, "politically, the Arabs of Palestine were not independent in the sense of forming a separate political entity." A few years later, Ahmed Shuqeiri, later the chairman of the PLO, told the Security Council: "It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria."

Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.

I hope this clears up some of the more "common" misperception.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2004, 05:36:14 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
well.....

for your information it was not the Palestinians that declared WAR in '69....

yet they still hold Palestinian land.

and no the Israel's are not supposed too have nukes...yet they still do....

and they do go around the world kidnapping people....

I wasn't aware that there was a war in '69. There was however a war in '67 when the Israeli military launched a preemptive strike against the arabs (Syria, and Egypt were the major arab players and Jordan contributed several brigades also). I believe the war in '67 is called the 6 Day War, Israel captured the Golan Heights, West Bank, Gaza Strip and the Sinai noodleula in 6 days, against superior numbers.

I don't call finding and arresting terrorists and former Nazi's kidnapping. I call that bringing criminals to justice.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 05:38:25 AM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2004, 06:14:51 AM »
Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.

Flyingaround,

Thanks for Jumping in, Good History lesson.  Please read the link I posted.  It gives the entire History of Palestine.  It's from an earlier post.

http://www.palestinehistory.com/war.htm

Nobody has in this formum has asked for the destruction of Israel, Nuke. In fact I am a strong supporter of Israel as my earlier post's will back up. I would never support giving into Palestinian demands under the threat of terrorism.

In order to find peace you have to eliminate the source of conflict. That means understanding the positions of both sides and working towards a mutually agreeable end. Anything else is simply ignorance.

Please read the rest of the thread so you can catch up.

Thanks

Crumpp

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2004, 06:35:19 AM »
Masherbrum,

I didn't know the Poles were treated so badly after WWII in Britain.  It's a shame we tried to appease the Soviet Union.  You would have thought the West learned something from Chamberlin.

Crumpp

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2004, 06:43:07 AM »
I hope this clears up some of the more "common" misperception.

Nice spin, you don't perhaps work for FLAME or perhaps one of the other Jewish-American "information" organisations do you?

Firstly, the post 1947 situation wasn't as clear cut as you make it out to be. There are plenty of examples of Jewish militias going on the offensive in areas where there was no Arab threat and securing desireable land.

international community granted political sovereignty in Palestine to the Jewish people

No they didn't, just to that territory granted the Jews under the UN partition plan.

the territory was captured in defensive wars.

Wrong again, you're just relying on the frequently expressed *myth* that the 1947 and 1967 wars were purely "defensive" in nature. There are well documented sources that indicate otherwise, the memoirs of Moshe Dayan for example.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel formed the first constitutional monarchy in Palestine about 1000 B.C. The second king, David, first made Jerusalem the nation's capital. Although eventually Palestine was split into two separate kingdoms, Jewish independence there lasted for 212 years. Almost as long as America has enjoyed independence.

Really, so friggin' what? Are you claiming that because there was a Jewish state in the area 3000 years ago for just over 200 years, that as a result modern Jews today have a more valid claim to the land than the people whose families have lived there for centuries?

Even after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem and the beginning of the exile, Jewish life in Palestine continued and often flourished. Large communities were reestablished in Jerusalem and Tiberias by the ninth century. In the 11th century, Jewish communities grew in Rafah, Gaza, Ashkelon, Jaffa and Caesarea

More irrelevant cludge. You might want to check the population figures from the 1922 census.

Muslims - 589,177
Jews - 83,790
Christians - 71,464

When Jews began to immigrate to Palestine in large numbers in 1882, fewer than 250,000 Arabs lived there, and the majority of them had arrived in recent decades

I've seen this claim repeated ad nauseam by the Zionists but not with any sources to back it up. What are your sources?

Again, so what? How does this justify kicking people of their land , stealing their water and denying them any political rights?

storch

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2004, 07:16:30 AM »
Actually Crumpp, The national Identity of Poland can be traced back to 966AD.  The Origin of the name comes from the word "Polaine" or "Polanie"  which meant the people of the plain.

The first Polish Monarch was Mieszko (967-990)  However his son Boleslaw (992-1025) was considered the first true King.  Known as Boleslaw the Brave he appeased the germanic tribes to the west while grabbing as much land as he could in a series of wars ultimately extending his influence into the modern day Ukraine.

The Poles have been around longer than that though.  They are Slavic and have cultural ties with Czechs.

The Poles were basically sold out to the Soviets by Roosevelt and Churchill.  A quick read of the treaty at the Yalta Conference in Feb. 1945 will clear up any doubt.  The first paragraph regarding Poland says "A new situation has been created in Poland as a result of her complete liberation by the Red Army".  It shamefully goes downhill from there.