Author Topic: Any Air Warrior III players still around?  (Read 9221 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Any Air Warrior III players still around?
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2004, 04:45:22 AM »
Was Joc back in AW,though it took AH to fully develop my wool fetish......and Skuzzy.........:D
Joc

Offline Trip01

• Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2004, 06:15:32 AM »
I started playing AW more than 10 years ago when it was VGA only and nme a/c were represented by a little 'T' whose orientation on the screen indicated their direction relative to you.

I'm not kidding.

Trip

Offline Trip01

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2004, 06:22:41 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird

BlueBarron
Homes
Quarters
GrayEagle
Vossman
Ghostrider
Stiletto
DeadDuck
Eyeballs
DokTaGonZo (sp?)

Quarters and DD both post regularly on BigWeek. BB was last seen there about a year ago. Likewise GE. I last remeber EB complaining that AH (or was it CK?) wouldnt let him use his handle because it contained the word 'balls'.

Trip

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2004, 07:58:50 AM »
Originally posted by JG26-Ditch
heh Ok, got it installed and running. Got my new joystick.

Logged in. Got in a plane. Started the motor and then proceeded to move along the ground unable to turn or take off since the stick wasn't doing anything. Right before I crashed into a hill, boom, I think the map changed. Or I pushed a button and dumped myself. Anyways,,, Whooo! I'm back! And got my orig handle too; Ditch.

Saw COORS,,, anyone know if that's the old COORS who used to fly the P-51 in AW3? Couldn't seem to raise him.

Ya bro. Hes the same one.. 8)  Call him a dirty muppet next time and see if that works.. hehe

Offline Trip01

• Copper Member
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2004, 12:46:15 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker
Additionaly; while the planes seem to be modeled a bit more accurately in AH (depending on who you believe); the flight model is actually easier than AW FR was. There's a host of new things to get used to, such as torque and trim; but flying on the edge isn't the knife edge experience that AW FR was.

It's interesting that others have this view too. For some reason which is not easy to identify the really sweat-inducing turn fights of AW dont seem to happen in AH. In virtually every respect AH is the better game, except in respect of how much I actually enjoy playing it.

As for the community, I think it's just bigger. I felt the same way when AW went onto AOL.

I still really enjoy scenarios though.

Trip

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2004, 02:02:41 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Some shots from the Final Flyby on the last night of AW.....

May notice a few familiar names there.....  ;)

Anybody seen Fin'E or ssnif?

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2004, 02:15:19 PM »
Was RHIN0 Last letter zero, when AOL introduced AW. Took a few years off after GS died. Played for AZ land in RRE. Have been back one year now.

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2004, 03:46:13 PM »
The Flying Fin was up Winging with the JG27 and the CAF a couple weeks ago.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2004, 11:43:34 AM »
Originally posted by kevykev56
Was RHIN0 Last letter zero, when AOL introduced AW. Took a few years off after GS died. Played for AZ land in RRE. Have been back one year now.

RHIN0

Kev, is that "Hank The Cowdog" in your avatar?

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2004, 11:43:38 AM »
sorry, hit the submit button twice.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2004, 12:13:31 PM »
Kev, is that "Hank The Cowdog" in your avatar?

Nah, He is just a plane ole, "Sick Puppy". I believe he is just a mutt that had a few too many cervezas last night.

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2004, 02:05:19 AM »
Not sure of exact date when I started in AW or which version.....have vague recollection of flying in late '94, but was more into playing Battletech on GEnie than AW.

Flew mainly in PAC RR with the 247th Wildcats: handles-

dblems
Duke:
Duke

Offline Vice

• Zinc Member
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2004, 04:44:44 AM »
Hey hey hey... Lots of old names in here. Kappa,flit, IT, SLO and everyone else. This is Douce from Airwarrior.

I haven't been in AH in months, been too busy with real life and my other gaming addictions hehe. How's AH2? I need to come check it out someday. Just managed to roam into the AH forums tonight to see if AH2 was out yet or what and caught this thread.

I've been playing IL-2FB/Aces for my Air combat fix, WWIIOL for my ground combat fix, Freehost warbirds due to some old airwarrior friends that hate aces high and insist on living there..i can't figure it out either. City of Heroes, Everquest, Dark Age of camelot, Anarchy Online, hell just about every MMORPG for my fantasy fix and some other assorted box games like Blitzkrieg/the combat missions etc etc.

Glad to see you guys are all doing well. I might sign up again and come wing up for old times sake. I've never really been addicted to any game for any long period of time like I was addicted to Airwarrior, so I just bounce around and play whatever i feel like playing on any given day. That's why I'm a MIA in this game. Keeps me and my credit card happy though ;).

I pop in and out of AH from time to time and just catch a flight here and there and usually shout at people I know...like that Kappa dweeb :D. Last time I played for any length of time was when I was flying as Unholy I think it was (I got like 20 names in this game) like 2 years ago hehe.

Anyways, Feel free to drop me an email if anyone plays any of the games I listed, we'll hook up. Pyroth@thekillingfield.com

That's enough rambling from me. Glad to see some of you guys remember me, I haven't forgotten you yet.. Can't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning, but I still remember almost every minute of Airwarrior lol.

Offline Vice

• Zinc Member
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2004, 04:55:37 AM »
Oh and IT, I had MANY of those 24 hour days back in airwarrior, Bombing spit factories with you guys in our fully gunned b17's and just bull****tin about everything and cuttin up.

Ahh them were the days.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2004, 02:56:34 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant

What about Badz, i know he flys AH, but whats his handle now??

kappa

Hi Kappa,

I fly and post on the boards with the same callsign thesedays, and I came over to AH about a year before AW closed.

I'm enjoying AH as much as I ever enjoyed any online game, and it just keeps getting better.

I also heard today (from TC) that Snowman was thinking of coming to AH! That would be cool.

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired