Author Topic: Utter Crap  (Read 4906 times)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2004, 02:44:01 AM »
Originally posted by tactic
Ok . Thats wacked dude!!!!!. lets be civil here... Bit off subject eh?, your bringing up stuff that dont have any thing to do with the discussion.. besides (remember that ol saying, ummmmm , thats  like the pot calling the kettle black)  gezzz man what the f! , ya know I never remarked or replied to any of that crap then, rather not now either,,,,   nudges Mr.D ,,,.....  ya know where im comming from....  so lets be cool , dont get in a uproar ....  Dont be Hate'n!!    take deep breath, hold it, get a head rush ,  sit back in your chair....  relax .....   do it for the children for crimminy sakes... think of the children!!!!    ok?ok.......

He's just been waiting for it. I guess Zo/Gweedo/Dragoon took getting kicked out of the squad really personal. They say time brings wisdom, but I guess some people's clocks are a little slower, cuz they're missing a spring or two. And thats no bullschitt!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 02:54:20 AM by kj714 »

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2004, 03:05:25 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
3 country has been in place ever since AW land from what i hear.  you had A,B, and C land in AW.  its not the 3 coutry that is a problem its this damn small map stuff. Uterus is a perfect example.  you have 150+ rooks on a 2 sector front.

But if Rooks have 150+ on 2 fronts.. facing 100 Knits on one and 100 Bish on another... why is that a problem?

The 3 country is failing not because of the maps... because two countries can't see the need to focus on one.    It worked Weds and Thurs with no problems.  Rooks were PINNED on the main island.

This abortion we have instituted to even the sides says....

3 country is broken.

Country based game play model (resets, cooperative missions, etc) is broken.  (you can't expect to have people move to keep things even so it is harder to get a reset)

All that is left is the individual game play model.

So throw out 2/3rd of the game... even the sides.

At this point... we only need 2 countries... no land grab... no reset....

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
Re: oh yea
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2004, 07:43:42 AM »
Originally posted by dragoon
and if theres a problem catch me online :)

you throwing out duel challenges?  I was making it a hobby last tour to find pilots ranked in the top 20 and going to the DA to see if their skill level was equal to their rank.  Would love to add you to my list.

Not being rude, not chest pounding, just curious.  You have been a top ranked pilot for many tours now, and I would like to see if it's merited.  (doubting it though)

Let me know...
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Utter Crap
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2004, 07:52:46 AM »
I for one think its a brave step  htc have made...i for one welcome it.(anythinkg to stop the stagnation) i also think its good...

ive read some posts of canceling accouts and stuff, well there are how many planes? and your worried that you wont be able to fly 1 or 2 of them some of the time..what a shameful act threatening to do this or do that, stamping your feet and throwing tantrums..
This game is for everyone not just you, Stop and think somepeople might welcome this( I for one do) move just as much as you dont..let it bed in, and think again next month

Pull yourselves together, take a deep breath, count to ten..and remember you cant please all the people , all of the time..

try flying something else, after all you pay your 15 dollars for them too..:aok

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2004, 10:32:57 AM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
I for one think its a brave step  htc have made...i for one welcome it.(anythinkg to stop the stagnation) i also think its good...

ive read some posts of canceling accouts and stuff, well there are how many planes? and your worried that you wont be able to fly 1 or 2 of them some of the time..what a shameful act threatening to do this or do that, stamping your feet and throwing tantrums..
This game is for everyone not just you, Stop and think somepeople might welcome this( I for one do) move just as much as you dont..let it bed in, and think again next month

Pull yourselves together, take a deep breath, count to ten..and remember you cant please all the people , all of the time..

try flying something else, after all you pay your 15 dollars for them too..:aok

But why is this step necessary?  

Why did HTC suddenly say.... "Gee I MUST do something to level numbers"?  

Is the strength of any one country SIGNIFICANTLY larger than the COMBINED strength of the other two?  (the reason there are three countries is to allow allocation of effort etc to counter one country running away with the ox cart)  When I say SIGNIFICANTLY larger, does the strength of one exceed say 40-60 more thanthe COMBINED strength of the other two?  Not in small blocks.. say one evening... but everyday... most of the day...etc.

I would suggest that no one country is stronger than the other two combined for any length of time on a repetitive basis.  Rather, the three country model is not used as it was designed to offset numbers imbalance.  That and of course the two smaller countries, if they combine, cannot realistically work to an arena reset for one while they are working more or less together.

Last week, especially Weds and Thurs the Rooks were PINNED on the small main island with 6 or less bases all night.  

Yet Friday we implement a strategy to encourage (read force) cross leveling of fliers.  When the arena finally starts using the three country model in a manner for which it was intended, we reward that by changing the model.

I'm not going to go into vignettes to show how someone could change country based on availability of plane types and the numbers shift within 30 minutes and now he is once again in the "wrong" country and is stuck there for 12 hours.  

The arena was designed to account for uneven distribution.  The reason it doesn't work well is people don't understand or like to have to adjust their effort to more or less team with another country for whatever time period uneven distribution requires it.  They want a chance to be MY COUNTRY the arena reset winner.  Which of course is another major game play model of AH that is now being broken because we are encouraging people to switch countries based on numbers.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2004, 11:00:11 AM »
Originally posted by 4510

At this point... we only need 2 countries... no land grab... no reset....

Bull Manure. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2004, 11:06:02 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Bull Manure. :D

Ah another intelligent response......

Were you on the original design team for AH?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: chew on the tards
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2004, 11:08:53 AM »
Originally posted by dragoon
so here is what i think of all yall who are simply *******s in the world i live in :) recieving flak from such members who are known for cheating and you know who ya are;)

Enlighten us with your divine knowledge. :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 11:11:10 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2004, 11:10:29 AM »

Were you on the original design team for AH?

And that relates to what?

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2004, 11:25:09 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
And that relates to what?

Sorry Jakal... I was trying to add as much value to the dialog as you were.  I sunk to your level.

Let me spell it out in a clearer manner.  Why a two word reply... BULL MANURE?

Why not "I disagree.. and here is why?"

I mean in an information exchange....wouldn't one want to at least exchange some information?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2004, 01:14:37 PM »
lets see.  how is that a problem.  i guess the young skull needs to educate you.

150 rooks on 2 fronts.

100 bish on 2 fronts

100 knights on 2 fronts

now lets see.

OMG THAT IS 50 KNIGHTS AND BISH ON EACH OTHERS FRONT.

While the rooks on the other hand heave 25 more pilots on each front.  spread out over a 2 sector front.  that = overwhelming odds.

get the idea or do i have to educate you some more?
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2004, 01:39:46 PM »
4510, you are assuming that the 2 lower countries will join up to hit the larger 3rd country. That is an assumption, not a fact.

People behave in ways that are not always predictable. In AH, people dont all play for the strat. Lots of fliers could care less about bases, they just want a good fight -- and if they can get a capture of an unwatched base, they will. So, strat minded people  have to defend agianst the weaker guys too.

Watch what actually happens in the MA -- truces are realtively rare except for sunday nights, when the previously huge rook numbers made it mandatory. Dont ASSUME others will behave in ways that make sense to you -- test your theory with reality, and you'l see better why changes were made.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2004, 02:00:39 PM »
Why did HTC suddenly say.... "Gee I MUST do something to level numbers"?

At a guess I'd say he was losing many subscriptions due to the rampant imbalance.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2004, 02:54:12 PM »
I'm not going to go into vignettes to show how someone could change country based on availability of plane types and the numbers shift within 30 minutes and now he is once again in the "wrong" country...
The arena was designed to account for uneven distribution.  The reason it doesn't work well is people don't understand or like to have to adjust their effort to more or less team with another country for whatever time period uneven distribution requires it.  They want a chance to be MY COUNTRY the arena reset winner.  Which of course is another major game play model of AH that is now being broken because we are encouraging people to switch countries based on numbers.

Excellent points, all, 4510. As a Rook squad we are constantly looking at bases owned and changing targets to beat down the nearest (closest in number of bases) opponent.

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2004, 02:57:29 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
At a guess I'd say he was losing many subscriptions due to the rampant imbalance.

Again, when I am overwhelmed by numbers of planes - I climb into a Tank - or a field gun - or a CV gun. I find something I can play in and have never logged because it was impossible to do so.