Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #210 on: September 06, 2004, 11:02:15 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I've never really noticed, I have two 240 Gig HD's in RAID, HD space is not really an issue for me. ;)

Zazen

Things change. You don't film every flight do you? I made that mistake once. I still film way too much. Dunno why I bother now. Screenshots from the external filmviewer suck.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: September 06, 2004, 11:08:23 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Things change. You don't film every flight do you? I made that mistake once. I still film way too much. Dunno why I bother now. Screenshots from the external filmviewer suck.

Arlo

Speaking of things I wished I had on film  - do you remember that exchange the other night

Two guys talking about how high their IQ was

one says

"I used to be in Mesna , but I left because the government was tracking me - they do that you know"

Funny on so many levels I was in tears
I come from a land downunder

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: September 06, 2004, 11:09:48 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo

I only film my flights if there is a premier enemy or friendly pilot in my vicinity I wish to 'observe', in that case I film the entire mission and save it to my film library archive for educational purposes.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2004, 11:10:13 PM »
Actually .. hehe ... I think I turned the film on either shortly before or shortly after we started laughing privately about it. :lol

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2004, 11:10:57 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
Arlo

Speaking of things I wished I had on film  - do you remember that exchange the other night

Two guys talking about how high their IQ was

one says

"I used to be in Mesna , but I left because the government was tracking me - they do that you know"

Funny on so many levels I was in tears

Hot tip about people who spout off their IQ's. If they were THAT smart they wouldn't do it and are undoubtedly completely FoS. ;)

Zazen

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2004, 11:12:21 PM »
I think that tip got cold for me and Redd many moons ago ... but thanks. :)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2004, 11:21:48 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Hot tip about people who spout off their IQ's. If they were THAT smart they wouldn't do it and are undoubtedly completely FoS. ;)

Zazen

Now what would have made me think of the "mesna" conversation while reading this thread ... let me see ... yes people who spout off about their own abilities are usually completely FoS - that was it   ;)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2004, 01:21:51 AM »
Fuggin hilarious, its MENSA.

Geez
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2004, 01:34:29 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

Geez

Have you read HiTech's posts? I think correcting spelling mistakes on this BBS is grounds for subscription suspension. ;)

Forum Rule #15: Du knot corekt otherz speling mistaces or ewe will receeve 30 lashez with mi kat O' Nyne Tales!

Zazen
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 01:39:15 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2004, 01:39:39 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

Geez

well it tickled my funnybone at the time , claiming to be in mensa, but not knowing how to spell it ,  it turned very funny  - black helicopters, gov't spying ... anyway maybe you had to be there  ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 01:46:16 AM by Redd »

Offline Bingo

• Zinc Member
yuppers
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »
I don't fly much,,,,,,post even less,,,,,,,,,,don't care much for any "country"......

LOL

I'll give Arlo and Hornet a S! tho

Arlo because he shows the silliness of the matter(and because I flew with him "1" night......lol)

Hornet because he just makes sense.....good sense!

S!

Bingo

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2004, 08:25:34 AM »
I believe that placing limits on a game is paramount to saying your players are idiots and cannot control themselves. I prefer a different format, and frankly, if in fact the players cannot control themselves, then the community is far worse off than an eny enforcement will ever solve.

ROFL: You meen things like.
Kill shooter.
Protect Objects.
bomb arming delay.
Time limit on changing sides.
Text monitoring.

Yep with out any controls things just always work out.

HiTech

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2004, 09:23:05 AM »
Would have been a great hit, had the quote been taken in context of the 200+ replies in this post.

But I see your point, there has to be "some" controls from a game dev's point of view.  Some people will always be on the wrong side of that decision, as a decision by it's nature means a choice between opposing views must happen.

"Kill shooter.
Protect Objects.
bomb arming delay.
Text monitoring."

Never once mentioned that I saw.  I didn't expect you to weigh in on this discussion, as everyone is clear on your position via what you built into the game.  I personally think that if you were going to weigh in, it would have been more along the lines of how the above mentioned "examples" compare in any way to limiting the ability to log in and grab a plane we were expecting to grab, and having it unavailable artificially due to someones idea of fairness.

Personally, if another team doesn't want you to fly B-17s, then you make a B-17 Factory as a target.  Same with La7s, set them as strats and take out objectives.  Pull the Quick Strike type planesets back from the frontlines or tie them to stretched resourses or something that can affect the gameplay.

If the B17 factory gets demolished, the affected side has to chose to either expend resourses rebuilding the factory, or fly another bomber.  Choice, not penalty.   The attackers of that B17 factory have to really want it down though, as the effect would be so great.  Make it so an orchestrated raid would be required, not some milkrunning porker having the ability to shut something down.   Force gameplay, don't force limits.  There are far better ways to make this a strategic effort as opposed to simply a penalty for numbers.  You can't solve a "perceived" problem in a complicated strategic game with a simple solution of artificially limiting gameplay.  You have some great talent in your dev group.  I'm sure you can come up with something better than that.

And I stick to my comment that you quoted.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2004, 09:28:49 AM »
Originally posted by ROCrats
Would have been a great hit, had the quote been taken in context of the 200+ replies in this post.

But I see your point, there has to be "some" controls from a game dev's point of view.  Some people will always be on the wrong side of that decision, as a decision by it's nature means a choice between opposing views must happen.

"Kill shooter.
Protect Objects.
bomb arming delay.
Text monitoring."

Never once mentioned that I saw.  I didn't expect you to weigh in on this discussion, as everyone is clear on your position via what you built into the game.  I personally think that if you were going to weigh in, it would have been more along the lines of how the above mentioned "examples" compare in any way to limiting the ability to log in and grab a plane we were expecting to grab, and having it unavailable artificially due to someones idea of fairness.

Personally, if another team doesn't want you to fly B-17s, then you make a B-17 Factory as a target.  Same with La7s, set them as strats and take out objectives.  Pull the Quick Strike type planesets back from the frontlines or tie them to stretched resourses or something that can affect the gameplay.

If the B17 factory gets demolished, the affected side has to chose to either expend resourses rebuilding the factory, or fly another bomber.  Choice, not penalty.   The attackers of that B17 factory have to really want it down though, as the effect would be so great.  Make it so an orchestrated raid would be required, not some milkrunning porker having the ability to shut something down.   Force gameplay, don't force limits.  There are far better ways to make this a strategic effort as opposed to simply a penalty for numbers.  You can't solve a "perceived" problem in a complicated strategic game with a simple solution of artificially limiting gameplay.  You have some great talent in your dev group.  I'm sure you can come up with something better than that.

And I stick to my comment that you quoted.

I totally agree with this poster.

The easy, most expedient route has been taken and worse yet, even it doesn't really work. There are far more creative ways to approach this entire issue, all it requires is a little thought, some new code and the desire to take the road less travelled rather than the easy way out. In fact, a creative appraoach could not only solve the problem you want to solve but actually expand the whole dynamic of MA gameplay rather than curtail it. There is already a basic strategic framework in place for implimentations of this sort that could easily be modified to both enhance gameplay options and mitigate numerical disparities in one fell swoop.

Zazen
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 09:33:02 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2004, 09:39:48 AM »
Your right Zazen, Im neither creative nore do I  give anything any thougt. Btw nice flame in disguise.

HiTech