Author Topic: Will ToD work or will it be another CT  (Read 3491 times)

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Will ToD work or will it be another CT
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2005, 07:46:14 PM »
"You guys" "These guys" "Those people"

Keep making those generlistic comments and your guaranteed to get a negative response.

I can't help but take it as a personal attack when people use terms like this.

And batfink, no worries I know you're just jesting. :aok
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 07:50:28 PM by plank »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2005, 07:52:18 PM »
The 68's were on my side..I remember thinkin..."that Devil bastid has prolly kilt me 100 times;"
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2005, 08:10:47 PM »
"You guys" "These guys" "Those people"

that is a generization, meaning people that fly in CT, not a particular group/squad.  seeing the responses from a particlular squad tho, seems some have a guilty conscience.  sure seems his generiizing things was a nice way of pointing out what he thought was bad and could need some attention, not calling out a squad and telling them they are ruining it.  at least, that is the way i read it.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

storch

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2005, 08:18:30 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
I thought this post was to discuss the up and comming TOD...
but alas its typical of the likes of some of the CT gang to spoil..

by the way storch .. i enjoyed the childish name calling and threats in MA the other night on private channel.. my wife and I laughed and laughed... what was it you put up on private text,, somthing like " if you say anything bad about the Ct im gonna kill you"? and what was that name you called me ? "tw@t"?it was somthing like that...  thats the sort of thing that keeps me and my squad out of CT....nice one..

after chasing you for 2 sectors, just you and I, no one else around both of us in 190s (an amazing thing for the MA) I finally caught you in your ack and shot you down.  when I saw the message system: you have shot down selector I privated you "the next time you run your mouth on the bbs I will post what a avacado you are".  so here is the post true to my word.  is humble in your squad?  he should be.  he dies as easily as you do.  good flying ace, thanks for playing.   ;)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2005, 08:23:17 PM »
As a general rule I tend to make a broad based observation instead of a personal attack. When a specific individual like oldman takes offense I'm quick to clarify....he is and has been a class act as long as I've known him. I'm sure there are others in the CT as well...

VWE...

I simply was commenting on the similarity between my experience and bj229r's (as well as cobra412 and many others).

Now I have no clue who these mythical "fair fight" CT fliers are...I'd guess they're like unicorns since you dont ever seem to run into them but others claim they exist:).

Plank...

killnu is right on, I'm trying to avoid getting personal. All of you defending the CT can decide if the shoe fits individually. Personally I'd love to see the CT take off and grow again. For that to happen you need a greater sense of awareness about the issues. We all want to fly with our friends and we all want to "win"...the CT has just gotten so out of whack that the insiders dont seem to see it regardless of how many posts bring it up....so since the "newbies" trickle in....the "old guard" dont see it...but the potential new blood just takes a look shrugs and leaves....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

storch

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2005, 08:25:55 PM »
Originally posted by humble
LOL....

sounds just like the noob I know....

tell you what, why don't un-noobiate me some?  impress me with your uberveteranacyness some day.  if you do I will gladly eat crow.  most people that know me know that I fight and seldom run and I'm not overly concerned with how often I get shot down or what my score is.  I usually fly alone or at the most with my wingy N7.

VWE

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2005, 08:27:47 PM »
seeing the responses from a particlular squad tho, seems some have a guilty conscience.

Well spit it out, let us know what your really thinking instead of tip toeing through the tulips. I really like to hear the perspective of the sometimes or nevertimes bbs CT flyers. I'm in there almost every night, poke your head in there and fly with us before painting this board with your broad brush.

storch

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2005, 08:31:34 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
storch, im guessing it was winston who wrote that, or someother UK guy, sounds clever so must be :)

and you dont fly in packs of 4 to 6.

plank, you know i was fooling mate, we had some real goos fights and i think you only ho'ed after i got lucky twice in rapid succesion :)

I'll be in CT alot more if MA remains the same.

Schaden nailed it BFV.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2005, 08:32:12 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Humble, that's all you can expect from these guys.

In a different thread I asked a question that went unanswered, although this thread answers it quite succinctly.

Why is it that a dead skunk draws a bigger crowd than the CT?

My regards,

Widewing

In that different thread, I asked you for your opinion(s) on the reason for the decline in numbers in the CT since AH2 was introduced.  You have yet to respond.

Humble, people are getting up front and personal because there is an implicit, and, on this occasion, an explicit theme in your posts that the CT is populated by losers who somehow can't make it in the MA.  You, Morpheus, Selector, Widewing and others are doing the same thing in this thread.  How could you really expect that you wouldn't draw a personal counter-reaction?

- oldman

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »
what the heck did I do? :(
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2005, 08:55:18 PM »
Well, thus far, EVERYONE who has criticised the CT has been wrong... provincial, condescending....everyone who has posted who seems to fly CT has been a victim, unfairly accused...? For CT to be more popular, I think, it has to be a nice alternative to the more negative aspects of the MA (GANGING, LA7's, mob rule....impersonal) As I can see, CT is more a small version of those things, rather than an alternative to them. That being said, I prolly pop in once a week or so and get waxed, before I go H2H and look fer somethin more appealing.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2005, 08:56:18 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
In that different thread, I asked you for your opinion(s) on the reason for the decline in numbers in the CT since AH2 was introduced.  You have yet to respond.

Humble, people are getting up front and personal because there is an implicit, and, on this occasion, an explicit theme in your posts that the CT is populated by losers who somehow can't make it in the MA.  You, Morpheus, Selector, Widewing and others are doing the same thing in this thread.  How could you really expect that you wouldn't draw a personal counter-reaction?

- oldman

Couldn't have said it better myself. I suppose it's half my fault for taking it personal and making it personal. I don't feel it's a 'if the shoe fits' scenario. Those who have flown with me know I'm as humble as they come, I don't boast because I have nothing to boast about. I get angry, sure, but I quickly try and put myself in check.

I'll try to take things with more a grain of salt.

storch

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2005, 09:20:17 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Well, thus far, EVERYONE who has criticised the CT has been wrong... provincial, condescending....everyone who has posted who seems to fly CT has been a victim, unfairly accused...? For CT to be more popular, I think, it has to be a nice alternative to the more negative aspects of the MA (GANGING, LA7's, mob rule....impersonal) As I can see, CT is more a small version of those things, rather than an alternative to them. That being said, I prolly pop in once a week or so and get waxed, before I go H2H and look fer somethin more appealing.

I'm sorry that you have had that experience.  If i may enquire, how long do you stay in the CT?  I think I do far worse in the CT than I do in the MA but I may be wrong.  It seems I hardly ever land a sortie in the CT.

I'll say this again as it bears repeating.  we see many visitors from the MA and with them they bring MA values and play style.  often they shoot down other MA players who become disgruntled and log off.  later we see the posts stating that the CT is the retard's MA and what not.  I am qualified to offer an educated opinion because I spend a considerable amount of my abundant discreationary time in both arenas.  The CT is significantly different from the MA, except when it's full of MA players.

Last night was a good example.  players from the 68th Lightning Lancers showed up in good numbers as well as some players from the JBs.  the arena was rife with taunts on the open channel and vultching was wholesale from both sides.

It doesn't matter who started it those such as yourself leave with the impression that it is the same as the MA.  Last night it certainly was.

having said that for my part I had a blast.  even though I was vultched, raped, reamed, gangbanged and cursed at.  in fact I was even called a "bugger".  so what?  to me it's part of the spice of the game.

some of you nuggets take all of this far too seriously.  didn't anyone who play this attend schools?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2005, 09:23:49 PM »
Originally posted by humble
All in all I think TOD will be less than the "hardcore" guys think and much much more than the CT...which basically devolved to a bunch of lamers....

Humble,

Until a few months ago I flew almost entirely in the CT, and to this day I can not recall ever seeing you in there. That is not to say that I dont beleive you or your opinions are invalid. I actually agree with you that the CT has problems, largely coming from a particular few who are then turned into "the CT" by the generalists here on the BBS.

I'll fight any odds and not complain, I dont vulch in the CT (MA is another story), I dont ever intentionally follow a horde or gangbang (unless its Shane who I will gang relentlessly :) ), and Oldman is the main member of my CT squad The Gunfighters, who's only purpose is to switch sides when things are uneven. As much as I agree with you about certain things in the CT, I'd appreciate it if you started being more specific in your condemnations and not paint us all as "gangbanging lamers".

Morph said:

Originally posted by Morpheus
haha Humble. NO worries bro. They can't cut it in the MA so they play pretend in the CT.

Thats why Oldman is upset with you.

I only remember seeing you in the CT once, many months ago, probably close to 8-10 months ago. It was FinRus just as now. I had just taken off in an La5, and you and I think it was Yucca were VERY high in some LW plane. You to your credit asked me if I was ready, to which I replied "I'm wheels up, thats all I need, come on down". You promptly came down and shot me out of the sky twice, and then left, probably sensing I was quite a bit below your skill level and not much of a challenge.

Whats this got to do with anything? What you did, asking me if I was ready before you spanked me, is not as rare as you might think in the CT and does happen more often than some on the BBS would have have you believe. Oldman and I are somewhat the exception, we stay out of fights if it looks like its a good 1 v 1, we dont gang people, we dont vulch (again, I do in the MA, but thats different) and the two of us are a squad that our only reason for being is to switch sides to even things up, but we are not the only ones, others do it too.

I guess what I am saying is, those of you that want to criticize the CT, do so some of it is very warranted, but BE SPECIFIC[/b] and name names, and dont throw all of us into your generalities.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2005, 09:52:12 PM »
i think the trick will be getting the pace of the action right...if you have tried out TARGETWARES game rabul then you will know that this is a mission based game..unfortunatly this game i feel dosn't work because the pace isn't quite right.

posted by selector

target rabual is still under heavy development, as are all the mods for targetware, and thats the reason its taking so long for it to get done.  

with the .65 update things are going to change big time, the campaign system will be completely re-hashed, and a wealth of new planes and flightmodel updates are in the mix, target tobruk, will be released soon, so the lw and raf planes will start popping up, as well as the itialian air force.

dont judge tw in its current form just like you cant judge ah in its state, both are going to be having some ground breaking work produced this year.