Author Topic: Kill Stealing  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2005, 01:09:11 PM »
23 April @ 1800 PST.

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2005, 01:36:48 PM »
Sounds good..

Oh yeah. One more thing Cobra.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2005, 02:00:19 PM »
1Klink you know I wasn't gonna waste my time with you but it's definately worth a morning laugh. 1Hunglo right? For starters are a little insecure about something or are you just trying to impress all the ladies on the internet?

Your babbling on about easy mode planes and how I need to fly a plane that takes skill. I mean wouldn't it be wise if your gonna open your trap that you'd have something atleast to back up your statements? You specifically mentioned the P-40B so I'm just curious when is the last time you've flown one where it counts? Here let me make it easy for you. You haven't flown one anywhere that actually records it. That's going back to September of last year. So your an ace in the TA with it maybe?

The most you ever do is fly bombers or slither around in ground vehicles. So please next time before you open your trap atleast have something to back it up so that way your not putting your foot in your mouth afterwards.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2005, 02:02:30 PM »
What silence? Or are you gonna tell us what shades accounts you really fly under?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 02:04:41 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
This is another one of those thorny issues where people keep talking past one another.  Is a Check 6 call a responsibility or a bonus?  Should we get mad if someone fails to check our six?  At whom she we get angry?

Here's how I see it.  I am not your SA.  You are not my SA.  I appreciate any and all Check 6 calls, but I do not expect them.  By the same token, I attempt to give Check 6 calls whenever possible, but I cannot always do that as well or as frequently as I'd like.  Don't get mad at me if you die because I didn't alert you to the enemy who was clearly sneaking up on you; get mad at yourself for a lapse in SA.  

:aok

Oh, and kill stealing is hilarious!

-- Todd/Leviathn

IMO, the only one responsible for giving you a 6 call is your wingman. That is someone you both have agreed will take that role. You are responsible for each others 6. Getting 6 calls from your squadies is nice but it's not their primary responsibility.  Anyone else is gratis and you should never complain that you don't get them.

I don't put a lot of stock in 6 calls from those other than my squadies and a select few others. I get a lot of bogus 6 calls and the irritating 6 calls about the bandit forward of my 3-9 line. If you don't have a mic or you can't open your yap to say "ClifRa, watch the spit to your left", then just don't do/say anything.

Lastly, if it takes me to long to figure out how to say your call sign or if it's something like 74365342 then your SOL, I ain't got time for you.

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2005, 03:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
What silence? Or are you gonna tell us what shades accounts you really fly under?

Naw, I was just going to tell you. Bring a friend. I dont want you crying cuz you didnt get a check six.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2005, 03:28:14 PM »
So even if someones part of your country, in your squad but not actually assigned as your wingman then they don't mean chit? I seem to recall that "family" atmosphere.

Being part of a "team" doesn't mean just your squad and/or your wingman. It means everyone else around you that belongs to your country that you have the ability to help in one way or another at any given time.

Seems all we have here is an arena full of hypocrits, selfish players and back stabbers. The one thing I can be grateful for is that I'll never have to really go into combat with any of you. With a mind set like yours you'd be the first person dropping your gun and running away from the fight. In the process leaving the rest of your countrymen who are depending on one another to stay alive with one less man to help.

But hey it's just a game who cares about your countrymen.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2005, 03:43:14 PM »
You made a funny. Did your 3 year old help you out with it? :lol

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2005, 04:35:39 PM »
Cobra's just a score checkin little dolt,who has nothing better too do than come in here and taunt people.

But i like the fact that he comes in here and spends all his free time tryin too make people look bad,i really get a laugh out of it Cobra

Some of us know that this is just a GAME,and not a way of life.:aok

:rofl

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2005, 04:38:46 PM »
Elfie, I have flown with you plenty of times. You are a good stick. You take the time to clear other ppl's six. I have noted that. I also have two or three flims where our squad has helped save yours. As for not carrying ord, you are also one of the ones I DO see hitting the town. Most dont carry ord and they are only there to vulch. This is why one tank can hold up a capture for 30 mins.

I dont carry ordnance that often Kegger. I can hit pretty reliably with rockets but bombs are a totaly different story. I've seen towns that looked like the surface of the moon from all the bomb craters caused by people trying to bomb gv's that are holding up a base capture. Usually it's a Tiger or 2 parked in town that causes these kinds of delays. Bombing the vh first generally prevents this. It also facilitates capping the field since osties and m16's cant spawn either.

Back to the thread topic now :D

I only consider a kill stolen if I turn a perfectly good airplane into a smoking/burning wreck, call it down on range vox and some goofball decides to shoot the wreck as its falling.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2005, 05:24:57 PM »
Kind of what I figured. Talking watermelon about something you have absolutely no experience in yourself. Who's the chump again?

I'll start driving gvs primarily too and then give the fighter jocks pointers on how to do their job. :rofl

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2005, 05:39:56 PM »
Originally posted by Joker312
kill stealing is an art just like anything else in this game. I make it a point to shoot at anything I can get my guns on.

You cant hit the broadside of a barn :)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2005, 05:54:57 PM »
You good for that cob,keep on keepin on.

And i have a lot of experience in that plane,justbecause your Nerdy *** didn,t find it in the records.

I better watch it though,you might go get all technical on me,lol
like anyone cares what you say....Derd

1/2 Dolt,1/2 nerd your a Derd:rofl

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2005, 05:59:27 PM »
In conclusion it could be said....

Amadeus , Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus ho ho ho Amadeus!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2005, 06:16:46 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
You cant hit the broadside of a barn :)

I wasnt gonna say anything....thanks Silat.

:D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.