Author Topic: Airforce Police Officer Shot  (Read 3022 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Airforce Police Officer Shot
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »
I can say "Don't get up!" pretty quickly, and I'm not hopped up on adrenaline and holding a firearm.

*shrug*

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2006, 10:40:21 AM »
Never mind the suspect and a witness can both be heard to say "you said to get up"
 BTW , theres a better video over at glocktalk in the cops forum

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:57 PM »
Originally posted by texace
I can say "Don't get up!" pretty quickly, and I'm not hopped up on adrenaline and holding a firearm.

*shrug*

Why not say "Stay Down?"

I've seen a LOT of COPS and never heard one utter a "don't get up" command.

Ever.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »
I can understand why he didn't use a tazer.  The Tazer is only effective against one person.  There are two people there.

Had there been more cops, they could have used a tazer.

But that doesn't excuse what he did.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2006, 09:09:40 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 09:15:22 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2006, 09:37:56 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
Could you plug him, without going to jail, or do you sit back and let him murder everyone in the place?

I would jump off the counter and deliver a flying crecent kick to his head.  Then when everyone is gaping in awe, I would put on some shades, light up a smoke and leave without a word in gust of cool.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2006, 10:05:01 PM »
Right Thrawn...

You're like everyone else, 50 lbs overweight and a chainsmoker caffein addict.  You'd jump off the counter and land on your fat butt 4 ft short of your target, and die whimpering like everyone else.

:)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »
No.

:cool:   <=  Me.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2006, 10:47:23 PM »
Here's a link to another copy of the video, sound quality is a bit better in this one. Can clearly hear the officer telling his suspect to get up.

http://www.ktvu.com/video/6717911/detail.html

Saw another copy of that vid (extended version ;) ) where someone says....You told him to get up!

This one looks bad for that officer, no matter how some are trying to spin this.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2006, 11:02:15 PM »
I hope the ones trying to spin it in favor of the pig, arent piggys themselves.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
Pigs....?
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2006, 06:03:10 PM »
Nice..... real nice...  I guess you judge every one's character by their choosen profession.  I guess you also base your character judgements on skin color, a person's sex or some other of your xenophobic hangups.  Were you born a bigot or are you a self starter?  

First .... No one is trying to spin anything.... If you look at the posts by some of the police in here,  we all said, "If he says "get up" ...he is breaking every rule in the book and he is the CAUSE of the escalation.  

Who solves all cases of police corruption and abuse of authority?  Other Police, thats who.  The incident will be investigated and the Officer in question will have to answer for his actions.

I am not ready to jump to conclusions or make judgement until I have all the facts.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2006, 06:06:48 PM »
All I know is, that poor man is gonna own San Bernardino County when this is over.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: I wait for the enhanced audio
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »
Originally posted by Colt44
snip
As for the rounds hitting the suspect.. most Officers in shootings have a 18% hit rate...even with all the training we do.

Yeah, what's up with that? Years ago there was only one gun range here, where I spent quite a bit of time shooting as did many of the local yokels and G-men (no disrespect there, I count more than a few of these guys as friends).

My observation was that the ones who could shoot worth a damn were the exception rather than the rule, even though they all shot a lot. Go figure.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
18 %
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
Culero,

No matter how good the shooter, everything changes when when the shooter percieves a threat.  

Most Police never use their weapons and never want too.  Thus they just don't get to the range more then to qualify.  Qualifications in most department's are  held no more than four times a year and they need a score of 80% accuracy from no more than 25 yards.  Not too hard really. As a result, most police put less that 600 rounds a year through their weapons.  Not nearly enough.

Federal Air Marshall's that I have trained with put some 30,000 rounds a year through their guns and they are excellent gun fighters.  But its not just due to target shooting.  They have participated in Simunition training ( -  8mm paint bullets that travel in excess on 600 ft per sec, and hurt like a sob) for years prior to the 911 buildup.   Police Department's are seeing the value in this realistic "shoot/ don't shoot" training and utlizing this more and more.  

It is found that there is a distinct difference in the mind set and the body kineisology when someone is shooting at targets and when someone is a percieved threat or is actually shooting back.  When the fight or flight instinct kicks in, the person will lower his center of gravity more and take a more aggressive stance.  This postural distubance throws their accuracy way off.  In stress of the incident causes tunnel vision (even in training) procluding any type of sight picture allignment.  Having rarely, if ever, being exposed to this stress the shooter also tries to hurry the shot, missing 8 out of 10. Those that hit, usually hit the weapon or weapon hand as that is what the shooter is focused on not the center of mass.  

This can be corrected with training and the use of instinctive shooting techniques.  

Hope this helps...

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Re: Pigs....?
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by Colt44
blah blah blah.

w00t I am a bigot
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!