Author Topic: Tank Towns and Fighter Towns  (Read 3334 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Tank Towns and Fighter Towns
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
But what if I enjoy organizing a mission to take a FT base? What if the participants in the mission enjoy it?

If you want a FT where no one vulches / no one bombs / no one trys to take the base - gather up your cronies and head to an arena that you can police - like the DA. I think thats what that's there for.

FT and TT are real estate in the MA.. real estate is meant to be taken. If on the map with FT, if one side was getting close to being reset - they would be smart to take the 3 FT bases, as those would be the 3 hardest bases to capture - 3 easiset to defend.

FWIW - I'm not in a squad...so you "bop" rant and "play my way "drivel doesn't hold water in your previous post.

You know quite well the only reason you and the likeminded do this kind of crap is to piss off the folks enjoying it. To pretend otherwise is foolish.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
This bullchit of "its all about winning the war" doesnt wash either. If that's all this game has become, "winning the war" then I want no part of it. There is no fight involved in that.

Sir...i have been here for 5 and a Half years and the Game has always been about winning the war for the largest percentile of the player base. Its simply the inherent component that HTC incorporated into the game. The game hasn’t changed in that respect...you have. Not that you are wrong for it. Its just the direction you have gone. And i say bully to ya because it is about having fun for each player's style. Keeping the balance isn’t easy, but its far from impossible. Now lets get that un-interruptible FT and TT pushed through Congress.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i'm getting funky text too.

i'm uite jealous infact, how do i get that chit?
 ???:huh :huh
I just started using Mozilla Firefox recently at the suggestion of some of the AH community. Is it the problem? Im not seeing anything funky.:confused:
woah...I just opened the BBS in MS IE and i see what yous are talking about. Does anyone know how i can fix it in Mozilla FireFox?
PS i typing in MS Word so i can see full page. Hate the little BBS text window.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:08:44 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 06:13:16 PM »
Oh yeah...so now yall are gona leave me hangin on the Funky text issue:furious
HELP!!!! :lol

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »
Has anyone seen a ruling by HT on this??? (maybe I missed it)

Back to where I started....

I have been doing searchs, but no luck.

Has anyone seen HT say he wants bases (FT/TT)  off limits to capture in the MA?

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Sir...i have been here for 5 and a Half years and the Game has always been about winning the war for the largest percentile of the player base. Its simply the inherent component that HTC incorporated into the game. The game hasn’t changed in that respect...you have. Not that you are wrong for it. Its just the direction you have gone. And i say bully to ya because it is about having fun for each player's style. Keeping the balance isn’t easy, but its far from impossible. Now lets get that un-interruptible FT and TT pushed through Congress.

Absolutely right MugZ. The thing is that back, not so long ago... before AH1 died, there was more fighting going on... There have always been hordes, and people taking bases, GVer's ect... But there seems to be a whole helluva lot less fighting going on. For that reason I just don't log in at all anymore. I dont want to "find" a fight. It should be there... In places like FT...

There is no ballance in the MA now. There hasnt been for quite some time. And like mars pointed out, the MA is where its at. No one wants to log into some speical arena just because they have to in order to find a fight.

The game is not about winning the war... Its about having fun. Everyone should be able to have their own kind of fun... If they cant because of another crowd wrecking it then why play it? And if the toolshed drones like it or not, they can very easily wreck the fun/fight for those fighting... While the ones fighting and only wanting to fight, could care less about getting in their way of winning the war. As I said before, if you want to bomb my base to hell and back outside of FT fine. That's no holds barred... If you want to come into FT and kill that fight too, just because you like to piss people off, then you're just a jerk.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2006, 06:38:17 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Absolutely right MugZ. The thing is that back, not so long ago... before AH1 died, there was more fighting going on... There have always been hordes, and people taking bases, GVer's ect... But there seems to be a whole helluva lot less fighting going on. For that reason I just don't log in at all anymore. I dont want to "find" a fight. It should be there... In places like FT...

There is no ballance in the MA now. There hasnt been for quite some time. And like mars pointed out, the MA is where its at. No one wants to log into some speical arena just because they have to in order to find a fight.

The game is not about winning the war... Its about having fun. Everyone should be able to have their own kind of fun... If they cant because of another crowd wrecking it then why play it? And if the toolshed drones like it or not, they can very easily wreck the fun/fight for those fighting... While the ones fighting and only wanting to fight, could care less about getting in their way of winning the war. As I said before, if you want to bomb my base to hell and back outside of FT fine. That's no holds barred... If you want to come into FT and kill that fight too, just because you like to piss people off, then you're just a jerk.

yeah so? What about my Funky Text!!:rofl
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:41:59 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 06:38:59 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Oh yeah...so now yall are gona leave me hangin on the Funky text issue:furious
HELP!!!! :lol

Yeah .. but your "funky" text fits right in with your "funky" smell ... so don't worry about it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 06:40:11 PM »
Originally posted by CAV

CAVALRY

Not in my recollection.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Yeah .. but your "funky" text fits right in with your "funky" smell ... so don't worry about it.

Well if you wouldnt sleep so close to me at night i might smell better:rolleyes:  I tried to explain this before.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 06:44:33 PM »
lol i have no clue about your text! but its scary, and i thought maybe someone slipped me a rufee and i was hallucinating.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »
You know whats Sad?
I think some of us have more fun in the BBS these days than in the MA.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2006, 06:48:41 PM »
I can agree with that. My "break" is nearing a month. And I feel no urge to log in. My acct is also gone. I dont think I'll be emailing them to get it back anytime soon either. Maybe my time here has come and gone anyways...

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »
Originally posted by CAV

CAVALRY

Nope. But, I have heard him say that he doesn't want uncapturable fields.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
As the originator of Tank Town, I figured I would way in (besides...nothing good on the tube right now :)).

When I first came up with the idea, I talked with HT about it. NDisles convinced me that something like TT would be well received by the players and could be fun for a lot of folks. The upshot of our conversation was that the fields had to be capturable and I couldn't prevent planes from flying into it (yeah, I thought about 40k mountains....I can only imagine the whines :D). His reasoning was that it would cause problems with the "win the war" code AND that it would create seperate, insulated communities if the fields were uncapturable. I asked about the spawns, both in and out. He told me that they were needed to make capturing and recapturing the fields viable since access was to be restricted for planes.

One the things that I learned long before AH was even dreamed of is that, no matter what is done to prevent it, some segement of the player base will always find a way to cause grief to the others. That being said, my advice is to make the best of the situation. It could be that none of the maps had an FT or TT.

Personally, I would suggest that the people that really care should make an effort to protect their playground. If you see bombers launching from your FT field...let the other guys know. Then, don't help the bombers get through. Heck, when you see that dweeb in the C47 yelling for cover...let every enemy in the area know where he is........wicked, eh? :D

I do know that if anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) can find a compelling reason to change things, HT will listen. However, you better have all of your duck in a row. HT simply loves shooting down ideas that aren't well thought out (of course, it could just be MY ideas he loves shooting down :)).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."