Author Topic: Bish?  (Read 4942 times)

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 01:42:12 PM »
If you look at the average of the situation, you find that the Knights are most often outnumbered by one or both countries.  Currently, usually both outnumber us individually.  Very seldom do we have more numbers than both the Bishops or the Rooks and then only by a small margin of maybe 10 pilots.  The difference in numbers is smaller between the Bishops and the Knights than it is between either of those two countries and the Rooks.  Right now the Rooks often outnumber the Knights by 30 to 50 pilots.

Rooks have been winning the reset recently and that attracts “fair weather pilots”.  There are those who go to the underdog side, but I think the reset junkies outnumber them by a good deal.

In AH1 the numbers didn’t count as much as they do in AH2.  I believe this is because the fields are so much closer to each other on all the maps in AH2.  In AH1 there was only one small map that had this close proximity of fields.  The rest were decently spread.  So now they’re closer, the fuel multiplier is 2.0 (up from 1.5 of AH1) and numbers have become more important.  Unless the skill of the pilot is on par with say Ack-Ack, there really isn’t much that skill or strategy can do to offset the relentless number differential.  The country with more pilots is going to win with rare exception.  That country can simply keep pouring pilots into a given battle.  Each pilot who dies is quickly replaced by one of his countrymen who just upped and indeed he himself is quickly back in the fight.  He ups from a field that is so close it more often than not has a radar ring overlapping the attacked field’s radar ring.

Each country has the same complaints.  “My team doesn’t work together”.  “The other two countries gang up on us and ignore each other”.  Bishops think Rooks and Knights have an agreement against Bishops.  Knights wonder why Bishops aren’t hitting Rooks more.  And so on and so forth.

I doubt adjusting perks or making perk planes more available to the underdog is going to do much to solve the problem.  I believe the only answer that will have an impact is spacing out the fields more.  It won’t deliver the same instant gratification of up and fight right away, but it will even things out to the point that it won’t be such a numbers driven contest.  Strategy and skill will have a better chance of winning the reset.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Bish?
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Everyone spends their time in the bucket. Bish at least have the benefit of the ENY modifier to ease the pain (those in the bucket of the past did not). How long you spend in the bucket will be largely determined by the perception of how well you cope with and adapt to the adverse situation. If all you do is cry and piss n' moan without getting on the horse and adapting your style and tactics to the inclimate situation then Bish will be in the bucket a very LONG time.

People want to see a country prevail or at least find ways to mitigate the pain thru adversity, this will attract players to your cause (and stem the exodus of those wanting to leave). There are alot of players who are attracted to the underdog situation and may be willing to help you, but you first have to prove that you, as a country, are deserving of their help, otherwise they'll simply stay Bish/Knights with their friends and beat the living crap out of you until the end of time. How you, as a country, deal with adversity, especially of the protracted variety, says alot about your character's individually. Seek to inspire others to join your cause with your individual and collective efforts. Pissin' and moanin' on 200 and this BBS constantly is NOT inspiring people to aid you in your plight.

Zazen

What you think is profound thinking is nothing more than self serving blabber. Think about...you will find it to be true. While you are trying to make others believe that you are being philosophical and true to beleife, you are doing nothing but trying to Rub it in and piss others off. BTW..its not up for debate, rather its just the way you are.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Bish?
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 01:49:34 PM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
If you look at the average of the situation, you find that the Knights are most often outnumbered by one or both countries.  Currently, usually both outnumber us individually.  Very seldom do we have more numbers than both the Bishops or the Rooks and then only by a small margin of maybe 10 pilots.  The difference in numbers is smaller between the Bishops and the Knights than it is between either of those two countries and the Rooks.  Right now the Rooks often outnumber the Knights by 30 to 50 pilots.

Rooks have been winning the reset recently and that attracts �fair weather pilots�.  There are those who go to the underdog side, but I think the reset junkies outnumber them by a good deal.

In AH1 the numbers didn�t count as much as they do in AH2.  I believe this is because the fields are so much closer to each other on all the maps in AH2.  In AH1 there was only one small map that had this close proximity of fields.  The rest were decently spread.  So now they�re closer, the fuel multiplier is 2.0 (up from 1.5 of AH1) and numbers have become more important.  Unless the skill of the pilot is on par with say Ack-Ack, there really isn�t much that skill or strategy can do to offset the relentless number differential.  The country with more pilots is going to win with rare exception.  That country can simply keep pouring pilots into a given battle.  Each pilot who dies is quickly replaced by one of his countrymen who just upped and indeed he himself is quickly back in the fight.  He ups from a field that is so close it more often than not has a radar ring overlapping the attacked field�s radar ring.

Each country has the same complaints.  ï¿½My team doesn�t work together�.  ï¿½The other two countries gang up on us and ignore each other�.  Bishops think Rooks and Knights have an agreement against Bishops.  Knights wonder why Bishops aren�t hitting Rooks more.  And so on and so forth.

I doubt adjusting perks or making perk planes more available to the underdog is going to do much to solve the problem.  I believe the only answer that will have an impact is spacing out the fields more.  It won�t deliver the same instant gratification of up and fight right away, but it will even things out to the point that it won�t be such a numbers driven contest.  Strategy and skill will have a better chance of winning the reset.

Tell ya what Choppy..I am currently not working..I will do a screen shot of the MA roster every 2 hours for the next week starting right now. Lets see how it pans out. I will include the current time. However this means that you will have to trust me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 01:56:35 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Bish?
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »
Second Thought choppy... Screw it. Im tired of this argument. Yall with your BS selective memories got me completly spent. (You know who you are) Have fun enjoy the stupididy. HT tried to fix it...I alk with the ENY thingy and to the contrary of what HT thinks..I really hasn't "Balanced sides" Nor has it actually balanced game play. I dont care what country is in question..it simply hasnt had the overall desired effect in game play as far as the "Majority" in the MA feels.
I would do an MA poll....but then again HT doesnt listen to polls. So Aces High is what it is and that will be that.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »
Rooks have been winning the reset recently and that attracts “fair weather pilots”. There are those who go to the underdog side, but I think the reset junkies outnumber them by a good deal.

This is what I don't get ... people want to be on the winning side to get a free deposit of 25 perks in each category. Please ... go to the weakest side, up a Hurri II and you can get 25 perks in one sortie.

The other thing that most don't understand until it actually happens is ... you DONT' get any perk points unless you have been with the country for more than 6 hours ... you can't see that a reset is imminent, switch sides and expect to be awarded perk points ... it just doesn't work that way.

n AH1 the numbers didn’t count as much as they do in AH2. I believe this is because the fields are so much closer to each other on all the maps in AH2.

Sorry ... but I have to disagree. Numbers have ALWAYS been the bottom line determining factor ... AH I or AH II. In AH I, when the MAW flew on sqaud nights ... 30+ MAW would decent upon a field (just MAW mind you) ... very very rarely did we not get the capture ... and there wasn't a thing you could do about.

The difference between AH I and AH II is that AH I was all about comraderie, squad respect, and cooperation. Those traits have been lost, for the most part, in AH II ... that is the difference ... its has absolutly nothing to do with the distance between fields.

Leave the field spacing alone ... you want to play the "capture" game and be succesful ...

Go to Amazon.com and get ...

MAW Training/Capture 101 IBN-l33tc@ptur3 Author : 40DogMAW

CAF Effective Multiple Squad Cooperation 101 - IBN-l33tc00p Author : GrimCAF

... then you can capture the world.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Tell ya what Choppy..I am currently not working..I will do a screen shot of the MA roster every 2 hours for the next week starting right now. Lets see how it pans out. I will include the current time. However this means that you will have to trust me.

I'd actually be interested in seeing that.  Why wouldn't I trust you?  It's not like you'd gain anything by deceiving me.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 02:18:56 PM »
I am a Bish, fighting as a Nit, and helping the Rooks win.  I am sceered of the Rooks and could not fight a Bish, so I am hiding in Nit land.  How may I be of assistance?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Bish?
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 02:24:41 PM »
I'd actually be interested in seeing that.  Why wouldn't I trust you?  It's not like you'd gain anything by deceiving me.

Mugzee is a sly and devious fellow ... don't know if I would trust him ... :p
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 02:25:47 PM »
Second Thought choppy... Screw it. Im tired of this argument. Yall with your BS selective memories got me completly spent. (You know who you are) Have fun enjoy the stupididy. HT tried to fix it...I alk with the ENY thingy and to the contrary of what HT thinks..I really hasn't "Balanced sides" Nor has it actually balanced game play. I dont care what country is in question..it simply hasnt had the overall desired effect in game play as far as the "Majority" in the MA feels.
I would do an MA poll....but then again HT doesnt listen to polls. So Aces High is what it is and that will be that.

Geez, guy, chill.  I tried to be honest and objective with my assessment of the numbers.  I haven’t done a study such as you propose for yourself above.  I’ve just looked at the numbers every time I log in.  Also, I occasionally look at the roster during my game play.

I agree with  you on the issue of balance attempts.  They haven't worked.  I do, however, think that HT listens to what we have to say.  What all of us have to say.  Just because we don’t always get what we want is a clear indication of that.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »
You know there is a real simple solution to the problem. First you would need a MOTD showing who won the last reset. If you knew who won the last reset you might be more inclined to fight them. You would have a rotating gang bang.  That lasts a week instead of weeks or months.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Bish?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 02:29:57 PM »
Well Del. You could start by seeking professional help. :rolleyes:

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 02:32:19 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Rooks have been winning the reset recently and that attracts “fair weather pilots”. There are those who go to the underdog side, but I think the reset junkies outnumber them by a good deal.

This is what I don't get ... people want to be on the winning side to get a free deposit of 25 perks in each category. Please ... go to the weakest side, up a Hurri II and you can get 25 perks in one sortie.

The other thing that most don't understand until it actually happens is ... you DONT' get any perk points unless you have been with the country for more than 6 hours ... you can't see that a reset is imminent, switch sides and expect to be awarded perk points ... it just doesn't work that way.

n AH1 the numbers didn’t count as much as they do in AH2. I believe this is because the fields are so much closer to each other on all the maps in AH2.

Sorry ... but I have to disagree. Numbers have ALWAYS been the bottom line determining factor ... AH I or AH II. In AH I, when the MAW flew on sqaud nights ... 30+ MAW would decent upon a field (just MAW mind you) ... very very rarely did we not get the capture ... and there wasn't a thing you could do about.

The difference between AH I and AH II is that AH I was all about comraderie, squad respect, and cooperation. Those traits have been lost, for the most part, in AH II ... that is the difference ... its has absolutly nothing to do with the distance between fields.

Leave the field spacing alone ... you want to play the "capture" game and be succesful ...

Go to Amazon.com and get ...

MAW Training/Capture 101 IBN-l33tc@ptur3 Author : 40DogMAW

CAF Effective Multiple Squad Cooperation 101 - IBN-l33tc00p Author : GrimCAF

... then you can capture the world.

I strongly suspect it isn't all about the perks.  There is a strong attraction to being on the side that wins.  Just to be on the side that wins.  Also, people see trends and switch countries accordingly.  By the way, I thought it was 12 hours and not 6.

My observations on the numbers stand.  While it has always been numbers driven to some extent, this effect is enhanced in AH2 because of the closer spacing of the fields.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Bish?
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I am a Bish, fighting as a Nit, and helping the Rooks win.  I am sceered of the Rooks and could not fight a Bish, so I am hiding in Nit land.  How may I be of assistance?

Brilliant reply.  Simply amazing.:O

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Bish?
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »
Geez, guy, chill.  I tried to be honest and objective with my assessment of the numbers.  I haven�t done a study such as you propose for yourself above.  I�ve just looked at the numbers every time I log in.  Also, I occasionally look at the roster during my game play.

I agree with  you on the issue of balance attempts.  They haven't worked.  I do, however, think that HT listens to what we have to say.  What all of us have to say.  Just because we don�t always get what we want is a clear indication of that.

As far as my comment about HT not listening to Poll's? He said that himself..
Originally posted by hitech
I don't operate by polls guttboy.

HiTech

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=118207&referrerid=7566
I never said he doesnt listen to the community. I said he doesnt listen to Polls.
It seems that a Vote is of no value to HT for the most part. But then again, why should it.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Bish?
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are taking this WAYYYY too seriously. It's a game, it's cyclical, the only constant is change. I realize being un-employed you are likely devoting a giant chunk of your unusually substantial free-time to playing AH (as is evidenced by your hours played), that has an amplifying effect on your perception of the significance of the game far beyond what it should in a normal human life. That being said the one truth of the Bish plight is this....

The length of time Bish spend in the bucket during this point in the cycle of fluxing balance is directly proportional to how they cope, re-act, act, behave and adapt to it. The more lil' chickens that keep screaming, "The sky is falling", rather than just calmly and deliberately doing everything they can to turn things around for Bish the longer Bish will remain sucking hind teet.

Zazen
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:48:36 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc