Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2006, 09:02:44 AM »
An after action report.
Don`t know if our area will ever recover from this boycott.
First thing that was immediately noticeable was...............well....... ...............nothing.
People mowed their own lawns as they usualy do. (Gasp!)
Garbage pickup was on time. (Ran by U.S. citizens)
People cleaned their own houses as they usualy do. (Another gasp)
Farmers were in the fields.
Noticed the man and two sons who run the largest steer operation in the area was out on horseback checking the stock. (As they usualy do)
The largest construction project within 25 or 30 miles was going strong when I drove through. (The contractor only hires U.S. citizens)
The grocery store was in full swing when I went to pick up a few things.
Everything seemed pretty normal.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2006, 09:23:27 AM »
lukster..... bzzzzzzzt... wrong.

we jail the emplyers and the illegals stay home by choice and..... the price of avacados goes down because someone invents a picker or a sorter that allows one American to do the work of 20 former slaves.

just like tomatoes.... remember the tomato scare?  what happened is that now one simple laser does the work of 40 former slaves.

It is foolish in the extreme to think that our economy depends on unskilled slave labor... that is the mistake the south made in they 1800's

and... the quality of labor for building houses is at an all time low.... even the drug addict construction workers of the 70's did a better job than the flood of illegal slaves doing it now.

lazs

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
just like tomatoes.... remember the tomato scare?  what happened is that now one simple laser does the work of 40 former slaves.

It is foolish in the extreme to think that our economy depends on unskilled slave labor... that is the mistake the south made in they 1800's

lazs

Rumor is I may get to drive one on a visit to my girlfriend's mom.

My inner redneck has never been happier.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:56:59 AM by indy007 »

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
i agree wit lazs, make the employer pay for it.  I see them litter the streets here, start makein the employers life miserable and he'll be sendin them back him self.

Jackal certain areas r infested with illegals, just be glad ur area isnt.  Walk on to a construction site in brookyln and u wont see less then 15 of them.  Im pretty sure areas out there in middle america wont have a huge illegal population.  BUt here in new york city its out of hand.  These fat kats use them to build condos out here then they want $500,000 for a 2 room apartment and yes there built like s***.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2006, 10:00:12 AM »
Originally posted by bkbandit

Jackal certain areas r infested with illegals, just be glad ur area isnt.  Walk on to a construction site in brookyln and u wont see less then 15 of them.  Im pretty sure areas out there in middle america wont have a huge illegal population.  BUt here in new york city its out of hand.  These fat kats use them to build condos out here then they want $500,000 for a 2 room apartment and yes there built like s***.

Hehe. I`m in the great state of Texas. Tell me about illegals. :D
The point was I believe that the boycott accomplished one thing. They screwed themselves. :aok
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:27 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
If this whole Mexican labour thing shows one thing, it's that anyone can do construction... and that it's all just a matter of who is willing to do it and for what price.

Obviously, you have not had a hack do any contract work on your house. Have seen many an idiot tear down a support wall
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »
As has already been observed, the liberals thought they had won the social war in this country simply because the silent majority was, well, silent. Those promoting these protests evidently suffer from the same delusion. Calling attention to themselves was a big mistake, for them.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
The crappiness of the homes has nothing to do with the unskilled illegals, but the Home Building owners being cheap as dirt and skimping on many things then overcharging.

So you're saying that a roofing crew made up of all illegals that cant even get the shingles put on the roof straight is all about cheap Home builders?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
Yes.  

They choose to design and build ****ty houses.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2006, 02:21:37 PM »
we jail the emplyers and the illegals stay home by choice and

I dont believe that just jailing employers that hire illegals will solve the problem. The problem isnt just the employers. People have been coming to America looking for a better life since the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. Increase the standard of living for the average Mexican and they will have no reason to leave Mexico. Also enforce our immigration laws and the problem will be mostly solved.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2006, 02:24:56 PM »
no lasersailor... many cases the illegals are incapable of doing skilled labor... their culture is so different from ours that they are untrainable in the construction field.   No matter what you tell em... the minute you turn your back they are doing it wrong again.  

We would be better off without the slave labor.

Indy... I get to drive a lot of really neat farm equipment on my job.

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2006, 02:35:30 PM »
No, you're generalizing.  I've seen just as many ****ups of all different races then hispanics.

I dont believe that just jailing employers that hire illegals will solve the problem. The problem isnt just the employers. People have been coming to America looking for a better life since the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. Increase the standard of living for the average Mexican and they will have no reason to leave Mexico.

Yes, let's throw a couple billion dollars at mexico.  That'll solve the problem, right?  Just like every other time that throwing money at the problem has solved it, right?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2006, 02:41:54 PM »
Yes.  

They choose to design and build ****ty houses.

The house designs (only talking about houses I have helped build) arent crappy, but the quality of work that goes into them is.

Home designs have nothing to do with foundations being poured out of level, or brick columns not being laid level OR plumb.

I've seen the entire back wall of a 2 story walk-out home have to be re-sided because the siding was put on out of level and the story not matching around corners. (Home was sided the first time by a Mexican crew). I was unfortunate enough to have to help fix a pair of dormers on a home that a Mexican crew screwed up so badly that it took us 5 hours to make them look right again.

Most of the problems with new homes that I have seen are directly related to poor workmanship as oppossed to simply a crappy design.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2006, 02:45:16 PM »
laser... that quote isn't mine... I FIRMLY believe that the only so0lution is to jail a few hundred employers and..

Home designs and materials are for the most part superior to those of the 60's 70's and 80's today.

The illegals do not intentionaly screw up... they simply have a different culture and training background that is difficult or impossible to overcome.

lazs

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
No, you're generalizing.  I've seen just as many ****ups of all different races then hispanics.

Yes, let's throw a couple billion dollars at mexico.  That'll solve the problem, right?  Just like every other time that throwing money at the problem has solved it, right?

That isnt our problem to fix, it's Mexico's problem. I would not be opposed to the US sending financial aid to help Mexico create quality jobs.

Majority of our illegal immigrants are from Mexico, so no....I am not generalizing :)