Author Topic: Chuck Yeager says...  (Read 5683 times)

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 12:14:29 AM »
Originally posted by Grayeagle

..and an hour of pure bliss foolin around over Kissimee florida in 'Crazy Horse' doin all the things I do in the arena ..

-GE

I envy u Gray...I was supposed to fly a Hawker Sea Fury but had the flu.  USNTPS brought in both a P-51 and the Hawker to Pax River (the school does it every year) and I go and get sick.  TOPGUN has (or used to have) a "graduation" flight at the end of the 1 verses 1 syllabus.  The kicker was you didn't know what was going to show up in the area (not "arena"...but area) to fight you.  They'd brief all the spin recovery procedures for the normal adversaries and then when on to cover the F-4U, P-51, Voodoo and a few others. I was hoping for an F-4U...got an F-5 instead :-(  

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2006, 03:07:54 AM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Yeah, with two notches... they will reach Uranus!  :O

:lol :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2006, 04:50:39 AM »
furball on a serious note, please tell me what a P-51 can do with two notches..............i'll bet it has somethin to do wit time travel:lol

everyone else is off topic talkin about yeager, were here to talk about the p-51 an how its been part of NASA's space  program for roughly 200 years before it came into mass production in WW2.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 04:53:24 AM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2006, 05:04:40 AM »
Originally posted by lagger86
I heard the first space shuttle was just gonna be a modified P-51 flown by Yeager directly into space.

now THAT is comedy!
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2006, 05:28:37 AM »
And about him seeking revenge on his "enemys" know this man flew fighter planes designed to shootdown and ultamitly murder other people trying to do the same.
do not think for one second this guy wouldnt do the same to someone who wronged him.
the sad fact is the people he speaks of are his own allies,the very people who are suppose to aid him,not hinder him.
how would you feal to know the same people who pass you could just as easly piss on you.
To know that if you get shot down and die while some arse out there will be smileing the next day while he keepin's on liveing and your 6 feet under.
and it was only by his skill luck chance or determination that he's even alive.
and you wounder why he harbors hate or dislike for such people?

you all can nitpick and debate anything and everything till the cow's come home.in the end you did not sit your butt inside of that p51 and feal the vibrations of the engine, you didnt feal the sesation of knowing* you just killed a man when your guns stoped blazeing.
to you it was a game, to him it was his ass.

We are not fit to judge, only to debate.

Respect.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2006, 05:48:54 AM »
Originally posted by bagrat
furball on a serious note, please tell me what a P-51 can do with two notches..............i'll bet it has somethin to do wit time travel:lol

I'm sorry... i could tell you, but then i would have to kill you...

Lets just say this was just a massive MDF shell to hide the true identity of what was underneath...

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2006, 02:45:23 PM »
We are not fit to judge, only to debate.

Actually, the Creator gave us a little gray jelly matter inside our head which is called a 'brain'. With the brain he allowd us to do something called 'thinking'. By 'thinking', we can gather information and resources, and compare and judge things upon common standards of human logic - which allows us to take an objective and unbiased position in regards to various matters.

Incidentally, the result of such thinking for many people leads to the following fact;

What Chuck Yeager did during the war is irrelevant. He has a questionable attitude, and he's definately not the kind of person who'd be referred to as being 'fair' to people with conflicting interests. He has a big ego, and when something collides with it, he tends to be just another grumpy, rude old man.

If someone would discredit what he did during the war, then there'd be reason to defend him for the respect he deserves as a war veteran. But when it comes to these post-war things, I'd not exactly want to gather my pom-poms and go cheerleading for him just because he flew a P-51 and shot some planes down.

After all, there are many people in the world who did at least as much as Chuck did, or even more. You don't see them bursting out with ego everday.

Offline Viper9th

• Zinc Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2006, 08:44:45 AM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
amazing guy, but every year the P51 gets better.

next year it will out-perform the F22, and should be back in active military service. ;)

Yeah, just stick some missiles on it and let it rip

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »
I gota hand it to you guys,  Turn a little story about a funny comment, and turn it into a flame of one of the best known pilots from WW2.  

The reason the comment "What does Yeager know.. He never flew Aces High!"
is funny, it is not about Yeager at all.   Its about the chest thumping experts that play video games.  Guys that form opinions based on a game or because they read a book or saw a show on something.    

The 10degree flaps comments Chuck made were with a big smile on his face and chuckle in his voice.  He was talking up the plane.   He wasnt instructing a class or anything.   Leave it to our computer pilots to rip it apart like he was part of a debate or something.  

If Chuck did something directly to you, you would have something to beef about.  Getting mad and saying how he doesnt deserve respect because of something that he said to someone or of some else reminds me of middle school kids antics.  

Well, it does illistrate the humor of the original story.      ;)

Offline Viper9th

• Zinc Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2006, 11:00:23 AM »
He stole my kill.

Krypto

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2006, 11:37:59 PM »
The only time I heard him speak was in a C64 game I once had..Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator or something like that. He'd said  things like, "You're no wingman of mine", " I dont even know you" ...when you crashed.

~AoM~

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
The only time I heard him speak was in a C64 game I once had..Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator or something like that. He'd said  things like, "You're no wingman of mine", " I dont even know you" ...when you crashed.

LOL, I had the same game Filth.  I don't think I ever got an ata-boy from him :)

I like to hear any the WW2 vets talk about flying these aircraft.  Even the famous ones.
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2006, 07:26:43 AM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
Not me.

Why not? that is just like saying you don't support the troops in iraq. Yeager did service for this country that probably most of you people wouldn't volunteer to do. I know alot of you disagree with him but give him some credit for helping our country out.

On a lighter note.. It's sad to see most of you bash Yeager then go an ankle hump the Value Menu Boys (BKs). What have they accomplished? ha ha ha
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2006, 09:19:38 AM »
Originally posted by navajoboy
Why not? that is just like saying you don't support the troops in iraq. Yeager did service for this country that probably most of you people wouldn't volunteer to do. I know alot of you disagree with him but give him some credit for helping our country out.

On a lighter note.. It's sad to see most of you bash Yeager then go an ankle hump the Value Menu Boys (BKs). What have they accomplished? ha ha ha

It's not at all like not supporting the troops.  Saying you think someone is an @$&%#!^ isn't knocking their service to the country.  Lots of oscar*#@^s have served in the armed forces and many continue to do so.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2006, 10:08:08 AM »
I can't believe you guys that get on here and bash one of the few living vets of the worst war in the worlds history!  So he embellishes his stories as time goes by - which of us doesn't do that? Especially as you get older, and lose the abilities to lots of the things you enjoyed while you were younger, the memories that you have tend to get grander, bigger, and more glorious in your mind as you re-tell them, because in many cases memories are all you have left.
As for myself, I would never talk disrespectfully of any man (or woman) who had the balls to enter the service during that conflict when they probably all could see the stars in the windows of their neighborhoods where people they might have grown up with had already been killed.  To think of the young, 20+ yr. old men who were willing to go up in those aircraft and enter REAL combat, where the losers didn't get to go back to the tower and re-up time after time again, fills me with nothing but awe and respect.
Those of you who would talk crap about this WWII veteran based on your "733T" Aces High skills fill me with shame and disgust. . . .

Ok, I'll be quiet now.....