Author Topic: Ah chess pieces  (Read 5452 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
I'll put a suggestion to you -
If we are to have equal numbers the ONLY way to ensure fairness is to go to only 2 countries.

You can have balance with 2, 3, or more sides.

It just takes a (to me.. benevolent) dictating auto-balancer that forces side changes.

There's a reason many games that do not even let you onto a side when you join the game. You join as a spectator. If you try to join an unbalanced side, it simply refuses you, until you pick the side that needs help. You can also switch with just 2 keys as the numbers unbalance in the opposite direction. On top of that, there's no motivation to prefer a side in AH, because all of the same equipment is available to all sides (la7 dweebs are universal).

also, all 3 sides engage in the same behavior that left a bad taste in your mouth. I fly for all 3, and I've seen all 3 do it. Rampant dweebery is a population problem, and not limited to the shape of your icon.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »
This batch of Merlot(:cry ) is turning into vinegar:lol

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »
The arenas were changed specifically because the numbers and their social impact in generating a slum atmosphere.

While this is 100% correct.

The outcome should be more fun in the long run, which = more subs.

HiTech

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2006, 02:52:56 PM »
sorry falc... for one thing...  I don't think anyone here thinks you are "LOL" no matter how much you type it...

for another... if you thought the old MA was 24/7 action then it is simple to see why we are having trouble understanding each other since we have such different ideas of "action" and what is consists of.

For me...3 whordes all circle jerking undefended fields to the tune of a couple little generals and "fighting" a bunch of buildings and the occasional newbie babby bird stuttering his way up off the capped runnway to be vulched by La7's and other late war planes that are virtualy immune to ack... to me... that is not really.... "action" but.. that was what we had.

600 people all hiding from each other in hope that a dozen of em might find some newbie to gang or runnway vultch is not my idea of an action packed multiplayer arena.  

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2006, 03:15:17 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
sorry falc... for one thing...  I don't think anyone here thinks you are "LOL" no matter how much you type it...

for another... if you thought the old MA was 24/7 action then it is simple to see why we are having trouble understanding each other since we have such different ideas of "action" and what is consists of.

For me...3 whordes all circle jerking undefended fields to the tune of a couple little generals and "fighting" a bunch of buildings and the occasional newbie babby bird stuttering his way up off the capped runnway to be vulched by La7's and other late war planes that are virtualy immune to ack... to me... that is not really.... "action" but.. that was what we had.

600 people all hiding from each other in hope that a dozen of em might find some newbie to gang or runnway vultch is not my idea of an action packed multiplayer arena.  

lazs

absolutely priceless  -----circle jerking :lol  --600 people hiding from each other:huh   --  fighting buildings :rofl     this guy is truely a treasure!!!!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2006, 03:50:31 PM »

lazs

im starting to wonder if you ever played in the old MA :confused: ???
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:09 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
lol lazs....the old ma had the best fights and nonstop action 24/7.  while i can respect Hitech's decisions to experiment with the game arenas to increase subscriber base...im afraid i cant let you and the other 5-6 guys who nonstop post this drivel to rewrite history...not only was there nonstop fun and fights...but up to 600+ people a night loved it!!! the only little girl i can see is you..because you cant handle the dynamics of such an arena and your silly attitude that anything better then a woobiecane or fm2 is "easy mode" prevented you from finding out why so many loved it!!!

first i think theres more than just 5-6 of us, and if Lazs is a little girl then so am I  :lol .    There were many nights before this arena change that I sat at my pc and thought about playing.  After thinking about whether I wanted to spend my time in an arena where either
A: there was 10-15 red planes all circling and vultching and blowing up buildings OR
B:  spending 10-15 minutes chasing down Typhoons and P-51s, La7s that came to a field blowup strat and then take off running as soon as a plane shows up to challenge them.   OR
C:  I could chose to be part of the horde and go up with large mizzons and overwelm a base, did that, it losts its fun, it gets old after awhile.   OR
D:  Play solitare and listen to music or play HL2
I usually would pick D.  except for squad night (5 active guys) on Saturday

I like the EWA just fine,  I dont know why some people have a hard time finding a fight.  I login around 7-8pm central during the week and play till about 10-11pm.  I manage to get about 20-30 kills a night (and die too :) )  I have fun and I try to make time to play now.

and boner, the old MA (and in my opinion humble or not) was a circle jerk.  600 people online and 20 bish attack a rook base with 3-4 rooks defending while 20 rooks are attacking a Knight base and 20 Knights are attacking a bish base.  I've heard em and seen it.

Player1: Ok everybody hit the town, drop your ord and deack the base.
Player2: Rgr, dropping town.
Player3:  I got the goon, OTW eta 5 minutes
Player2: towns down bring in the troops
Player4: we got planes uping!!
Player1: get the LA7
Player2: M8 and M16 running to town.
Player1: somebody got ord left drop the VH.
everybody: no ord left all dropped on the town.
Player3:  goon ib, eta 3mins, I got troops
Player5: anybody need troops
Player2: spit and hurri uping
Player1: ok break it off, we cant get it now.
Player4: yea lets go to A20, theres nobody there we should be able to capture that one.
Player1: ok RTB, afk
Player3: goon IB eta 1 minute, is the town down
Player3: guys?? hello

yea thats alot of fun...:rolleyes:

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2006, 03:53:32 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew

Player1: Ok everybody hit the town, drop your ord and deack the base.
Player2: Rgr, dropping town.
Player3:  I got the goon, OTW eta 5 minutes
Player2: towns down bring in the troops
Player4: we got planes uping!!
Player1: get the LA7
Player2: M8 and M16 running to town.
Player1: somebody got ord left drop the VH.
everybody: no ord left all dropped on the town.
Player3:  goon ib, eta 3mins, I got troops
Player5: anybody need troops
Player2: spit and hurri uping
Player1: ok break it off, we cant get it now.
Player4: yea lets go to A20, theres nobody there we should be able to capture that one.
Player1: ok RTB, afk
Player3: goon IB eta 1 minute, is the town down
Player3: guys?? hello

yea thats alot of fun...:rolleyes:

thats one reason i quit gooning LOL
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »
well since i'm new here and was gunna start taking beat down this week and haven't picked one yet, which country seem's to be at a disadvantage? i tend to like being out numbered, more people to kill

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »

lazs

lazs trust me i do LOL:D

i agree with the poster who wonders if you ever really played in the old MA? erm LOL

again i continue to question your ability to function outside of a rigid atmosphere that benefits your style of flying...there was tons of action in the old MA and while again i respect Hitech's interpretation of the direction it had taken...i thought it was fun.  just a personal point of view...but since there were 500+ on with me, i assume they were having fun too...there was a certain drama that kept me from logging and had me logging in when i had any spare time at all.

and i CAN understand to a point your frustration with the old MA as it would not be amenable to your style of flying...the distances between bases are too far to take EW planes and arrive at a fight in a reasonable period of time...thats why many flew the faster planes, myself included.  But whose fault is it that you have chosen to restrict yourself from flying certain planes?? and why should someone else be to blame for it?

but again to characterize all who flew in there as whorde vulching skillless pilots again makes me question how much you really know?  you and others dont like to play the strat and capture portion of this game...understood...but many others did and the tactics for being successful dont need ridicule....to attack a base with intent for capture would never have worked with even numbers of attackers and defenders...it is too easy to kill a goon.  the attackers will always need enough force to overhwelm the defenders...when you didnt have numbers you used suprise (noe)...all features built into this game by hitech et al.  why have a feature to avoid radar detection if not to encourage the dynamic of suprise?

be careful how you apply that paintbrush sir...i see stang, jaxxo, mars etc more in LW or MW then EW....im sure you dont consider them to be slum dwellers...or do you?
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2006, 05:02:43 PM »
This new setup is very trying to say the least.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2006, 05:05:31 PM »
When are you two guys gonna duel and be done with this....

:rofl

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2006, 05:15:50 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
When are you two guys gonna duel and be done with this....

:rofl

anytime he wants waffle...i was there for the date on your ticket and he of course no showed...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »
let me know when you guys set a date....I can reprint tickets....:rofl

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Ah chess pieces
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2006, 06:01:26 PM »
The one arena old MA was alright.  Plenty to do,  plenty of action and plenty of fights if you could be arsed to go find or start one.  You can't just sign on and bammo furball on the door step:rolleyes:

The "Vocal minority" expected otherwise and got very vocal about the lack of a "good fight"..... loada Cods.  Weekends packed close to near MA capacity.  Those regular weekenders were mostly ya furballers to.  Sure thing, the squads ran squad nights at weekends but that gave us even more targets.

As for 3 countries mission rolling each avoiding fights also a loada Codswollop.  You may have gotten 2 countries ganging the weaker I can't deny but to imply that's all it ever was is just plain "sweaty sacks".  For those  "vocal minorities" that report this as a "every day" normality are plainly deluded or "bitter".  

What needs to be recognised is that the vocal minority are just that ......a minority.  What gets me is these guys busy "fur-balling" still have the time to be bothered to comment on with the bigger picture..... like it matters to them when it plainly doesn't.  The Strat side is of no use or concern to them.  They ARE NEVER EVER going to have anything positive to say about it.

Furballs 1)   Had a great time last night.  Enemy attacking our base loadsa fights and when you was shot down you only had a 1 minute flight to be back in the action.
Baller 2)  They didn't bugger the fight up then ?
Furballs 1)  Oh not much !  Couple of times our strat players captured one of the attackers bases.  It drained of some cons or the fight moved over there but it was jolly hockey sticks all round.

Invite input to a "complaints department" and guess what ya gonna get... thats right shnnuuuckums ... "COMPLAINTS".  Ask the minority for their OPPINION and ya gonna get a "MINORITY OPPINION".
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:17:07 PM by LYNX »