Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 36455 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2006, 02:22:43 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
They FAUGHT, you don't.

Like hell I don't.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2006, 02:22:46 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
I just cannot figure out why it is worth $15/month to blow up stuff without having to fight against a human opponent. There's dozens of boxed sims that allow this, even AH allows you to make a H2H room and attack undefended bases right? Why pay for that?

I've been trying to answer this one as well Ed.   I think they'd rather "boast" about how "great they are".   The whole "Name in lights thing".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2006, 02:22:56 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Seems to me that's how a war works, since you guys keep talking about winning it.   Build up resources.  Across the Channel to Normandy.  Years of bombing prior to that with all kinds of losses and no movement.  Establish the beach head.  Consolidate and expand.  Fight off the counter attack.  Took quite a while for the breakout.  Finally get Caen, Falaise Gap.  On to Paris.  Oops, setback time  Arnhem was a Bridge too far.  Stalemate for a bit.  Counterattack and pushed back at the Bulge.  Struggle to get to Berlin etc etc.

They didn't get to just skip the fight.  Go ahead and hit all the bases you want.  Deny them resources.  But you have to fight your way down the path with resistance.

Flawed analogy... Imagine if the phillipines had been bypassed and those resources put towards more vital locations...  the ija in the phillipines would have been left much like our army was at the beginning of the war and we would have done more to actually win the war.  (Yes, we allllllllll know Enola Gay and Bocks Car" drove in the final nails)

making an unexpected leap to capture a rear base, while a huge risk could change the intensity or complexion of a battle elsewhere on the map.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2006, 02:25:45 PM »
how can you say you know i vultch.

this BB is just a playground for all the arsse lickers who feel they are superior to all others and feel they know it all.your only arguemnt now is that NOE raiders are vulchers. which i will say is true sometimes. doesnt me that's all of their kills thouugh.

where as you guys will not give an inch.
you are so oblivious to the rest of gamers that you support a change like this, and don't accpet any arguement against it.

You cannot say this trial doesn't  prevent  players who enjoy things other than large unrealistic suicidal furballs. know teams are TOLD what they can and cant attack.. yet last time i checked i pay 15$ to play a game how i like, not have it dictated to suit a few. this setup being trialed is biased towards one part of the communtiy.

god forbid oit is put into other arenas. who knows if it will , we'll only findo out on the day with supirse, because nearly everything comes unexpected,

SURLEY if this is a 'trial' then there should be someway to poll what you think of it. not this silly little playground wich has becoem like a gentlemen's club.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2006, 02:25:49 PM »
You keep citing WWII examples... Did Hitler draw ridiculous little blue lines on maps to show the Allies where they could attack? Normandy would have been a slaughter. No they snuck right into an loosely defended area and surprised the enemy instead of going through the blue lines drawn through North Africa and Italy.

Dude this is not real life.  They really died so yes in real life you take path of least resistance.

This is a game, most log in to fight other people, we don't die.  Most want a path of some resistance.

Offline skycaptn

• Copper Member
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27:03 PM »
GOODBYE spontinaity.
Goodbye creativity.
Goodbye Variety.

Hello huge furballs :)
No more worrying about toolshedders :)
Bombers pukes eliminated from the game as players :) :)

WTG HTC finally a change that will make the game worth playing.

I hate flying 10 minutes to fight.. now we can up and fly 2 minutes on any map and furball :)

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27:55 PM »
how can you say you know i vultch.

this BB is just a playground for all the arsse lickers who feel they are superior to all others and feel they know it all.your only arguemnt now is that NOE raiders are vulchers. which i will say is true sometimes. doesnt me that's all of their kills thouugh.

where as you guys will not give an inch.
you are so oblivious to the rest of gamers that you support a change like this, and don't accpet any arguement against it.

You cannot say this trial doesn't prevent players who enjoy things other than large unrealistic suicidal furballs. know teams are TOLD what they can and cant attack.. yet last time i checked i pay 15$ to play a game how i like, not have it dictated to suit a few. this setup being trialed is biased towards one part of the communtiy.

god forbid oit is put into other arenas. who knows if it will , we'll only findo out on the day with supirse, because nearly everything comes unexpected,

SURLEY

Oh boy someone poped a gasket....

Step away from keyboard you seem to be the only one calling anyone names and acting superior.  So people dont agree with you.  Do you have to reduce to this level??

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
Flawed analogy... Imagine if the phillipines had been bypassed and those resources put towards more vital locations...  the ija in the phillipines would have been left much like our army was at the beginning of the war and we would have done more to actually win the war.  (Yes, we allllllllll know Enola Gay and Bocks Car" drove in the final nails)

making an unexpected leap to capture a rear base, while a huge risk could change the intensity or complexion of a battle elsewhere on the map.

Within the framework of AH, it isn't a huge risk, and is generally if not always done by the side with overwhelming numbers.

And needless to say they didn't bypass the Phillipines.  They had to fight.

The other factor here is no one is really dying, so there is no risk.  Why is there such desperation to avoid fighting, since there is no risk.

I can't believe 'attaboys' for taking an undefended field, and the sheer thrill of resetting a map are that big a drug for you guys.  

I'll be more then happy to fly cover for your buffs, or fly ground support for your  rolling GVs.  Lets just fight it out since we can and aren't really gonna die anyway.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2006, 02:30:10 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!
Dude this is not real life.  They really died so yes in real life you take path of least resistance.

This is a game, most log in to fight other people, we don't die.  Most want a path of some resistance.

Last advertisement i saw said ' Realistic combat' or something along those lines.

if you just take a step back a second.

YOU realise how much of a split in the once existent community all the changes are causing. this is far worse than ch.200 ever, ever was.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2006, 02:30:13 PM »
GOODBYE spontinaity.
Goodbye creativity.
Goodbye Variety.

Hello huge furballs
No more worrying about toolshedders
Bombers pukes eliminated from the game as players

WTG HTC finally a change that will make the game worth playing.

I hate flying 10 minutes to fight.. now we can up and fly 2 minutes on any map and furball

So all the examples posted contrary to what you are saying were missed by you.  Go read guppies posts again maybe it will sink in this time.  :rolleyes:

The good thing is we are finding out who all the fighters against the undefended are...

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »
You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to defend a base, and that's my bad? If all you want to do is dogfight, then hell, whats wrong with filling up the DA with your arcade or why not have two arenas, one where we can have our game back, the other where these arcade furballers can have their perpetual dogfight? The rest of us are trying to win a war here. Winning a war means taking bases, taking bases is often the path of least resistance. How realistic is it to have all your players crammed into six airfields on a map? Just because you want to dogfight, we are going to eliminate a basic strategy here? Get over yourself, some of us don't like mindless arcade furballing.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
YOU realise how much of a split in the once existent community all the changes are causing. this is far worse than ch.200 ever, ever was.

Actually I see a regrouping of an already split community rather than a splitting happening.  As was stated above, you have furballers now participating in the base capture game.  How is that splitting anything.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by twitchy
Moaning? Crying? This is the kind of mature feedback you guys base the opinions of the player community on. :aok
No Wonder...

Any your feedback was "mature" ... on what level ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
Originally posted by twitchy
You're too lazy or too hung up on your score to defend a base, and that's my bad? If all you want to do is dogfight, then hell, whats wrong with filling up the DA with your arcade or why not have two arenas, one where we can have our game back, the other where these arcade furballers can have their perpetual dogfight? The rest of us are trying to win a war here. Winning a war means taking bases, taking bases is often the path of least resistance. How realistic is it to have all your players crammed into six airfields on a map? Just because you want to dogfight, we are going to eliminate a basic strategy here? Get over yourself, some of us don't like mindless arcade furballing.

I've NEVER had an ego, however, this isn't WAR.   It is a game.   I'm sorry you have to hide in numbers at an undefended base, and then get a pat on the back for capturing it, you HERO!!!!!!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Serves no purpose.  You can say all you want until your hearts content Donzo.   Thumping your chest over grabbing a base that had little to opposition seems like a "challenge" to someone of your caliber.    I mean really, is this your sole reason for playing this game?   Log on, play the "I'm not switchin' card", and roll a country, attack one country and avoid the other, milkrun undefended bases.   When you encounter opposition, probe for another undefended base."   Wake up, you canot deny that this was the "preferred tactic for going on almost a year."    

Bottom line.   You know what you DID, participated in, milked the cow, ran the well dry, etc.   Now, the "strategy" has changed and some of you would rather whine about the "free perks" being harder to attain, rather than ADAPT.

Read my first post in this thread.   So far, that is GOSPEL.

First of all I never was never "thumping my chest" over anything.

All of things you piss and moan about are things that ALL of us have had to deal with.  The undefended base sneaks, imbalanced numbers, etc.  But the difference between you and I is that I just took them for what they were.  Did having one of my rear bases stolen in a sneak piss me off?  Yes it did because I knew that it threw my country off and we would now have to deal with getting that base back.  Did being out numbered piss me off?  Yep.  And this is something people like you do not understand.  You seem to think that there is one country and only one country that is always out numbered.  Well, all of the countries suffer that fate from time to time.  And guess what, the fact that I choose not to switch countries means that I get hit with overwhelming numbers from time to time.  So what?  I live with it.  Just as I live with all of the other things that don't sit right with me sometimes.  If it's too much to handle I don't play.  Otherwise I find ways of making the best of it.  People attacking and trying to sneak one of my rear bases?  I watch the map and look for that and try and prevent it if it happens.  Being outnumbered?  So what?  It makes for some good fights as well as prompting me to look for something to throw the country with numbers off.

You have no idea what I do or have done in this game when I play.  So why is it that you find the need to assume you know exactly what I am all about?