Author Topic: Stop The War, Support Our Troops  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:36:19 PM by Skuzzy »
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »
Originally posted by Hawklore
Granted the majority of those that protested during the Vietnam War were against the troops, but still.

Wrong

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Wrong

They may not of been during the war, but after, to treat the veterans as those of that generation did..

I'm ashamed to know they still live..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Wrong

The Majority of the major "peace ralleys" where organized and sponsored by communist sympothisers.

It's still very much that way just insert your "people's propaganda here_______"

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »
What the F()$ is up with the stupid support our troops, end the war rallies?

They get out there to try and end the war, but say they support our troops?

I don't get it..

Did these prettythangholes not learn anything from Vietnam?

Granted the majority of those that protested during the Vietnam War were against the troops, but still.

Have you checked to see how the wounded are being treated when they get home?  Maybe once you really understand that then you can understand why people want to end the war.  First you have to put down the RUSHpipe.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »

I don't get it..

What's so hard to understand?

More than half of America see Iraq as a total screwup and they want our troops out.

Twist and turn these fact all you want, bottom line is that this is a democracy. The people are speaking.

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:43:55 AM »
war ends and less of our soldiers die.  that too hard for you to understand?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:48:31 AM by bsdaddict »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 11:45:46 AM »
If only Bush had been a great war leader and appointed real warriors in his cabinet.  as it is Bush is a simpleton cheezeball who has done more to lose the war in Iraq than the insurgency.  Lets get a real leader in there (McCain) and then WIN the damned war.

As it stands I want the changed strategy to have a chance before calling it on this one, plus I think the anti war movement is being led by people I want nothing to do with so theres that too.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »
"The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war". - Douglas MacArthur

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 11:58:34 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
The Majority of the major "peace ralleys" where organized and sponsored by communist sympothisers.

It's still very much that way just insert your "people's propaganda here_______"

And we have a winner!

Lots & lots of these rallies & protests are organized & run by ANSWER, who are hardcore Stalinists. On occasion I drop in on protests as a zombie (though not nearly as well done as http://www.zombietime.com), and almost all have of them have been anti-capitalist messages with a very thin anti-war wrapper. It's even worse at environmental protests.

It's not fair though to say it's all anti-capitalist. Attendees also include:

Anarchists... who hate authority & conformity so much... they all dress the same & are organized enough to arrive at the same time. Their fight against the man includes threatening counter-protesters and cursing at police. Probably the most violent group there... but don't know how to ground fight for **** and are easy victims of a variety of chokes.

Peaceniks... doesn't matter what the conflict. They'll protest it... to the extent I've seen signs that say if somebody is using a human shield, you can't shoot back... at all.

Pro-Hez/Hamas groups... they like to pick fights with the Israeli activists.

The Free Mumia crowd... who thinks its okay to shoot a police officer in the face with a shotgun.

The Anti-Globalization crowd... who tells you mankind & technology are destroying the earth... while talking on a cell phone and driving a 14mpg SUV. Many have signed my petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide. :)

The Hardcore Hippies... I'm not sure they actually have a message, but they're fun to smoke with. Tends to roll with the Peaceniks.

Counter-Protesters... sometimes hardcore Bush lovers. Very, very loud bullhorns. Some totally lack fear and/or common sense.

there's even more sub-groups, but I don't have the time to list it all :( Maybe one day...

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 12:20:51 PM »
I think more needs to be done to ban dihydrogen monoxide.

http://www.dhmo.org/

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the unstable radical Hydroxide, the components of which are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 12:24:42 PM by Airscrew »

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 12:22:13 PM »
you can not "end the war" by running away, you will end americas involvement in the war but he fighting will go on, there is only one way to "end the war" and that is to make the insurgents stop fighting.

saying you want to pull out the troops will definitely not make the insurgents stop, it will only encourage them to keep on fighting.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 12:27:59 PM »
Everyone knows you can't support the troops unless you want them to be in harm's way. Wanting the troops to be safe at home is just crazy talk.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
Have you checked to see how the wounded are being treated when they get home?  Maybe once you really understand that then you can understand why people want to end the war.  First you have to put down the RUSHpipe.

What does that have to do with the subject?  Maybe you mean how some of those who oppose the war denigrate our soldiers and their families?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
you can not "end the war" by running away, you will end americas involvement in the war but he fighting will go on, there is only one way to "end the war" and that is to make the insurgents stop fighting.

saying you want to pull out the troops will definitely not make the insurgents stop, it will only encourage them to keep on fighting.

I tend to agree with John9001.   We don't have the option to "end the war".    We can withdraw our troops, but the war will go on as long as the people there have the will and means to fight each other.