Author Topic: another campus shooting this week?  (Read 4628 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
another campus shooting this week?
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
Originally posted by moot
Yeah, e basta with Mozart and Von Braun and Shakespeare and Michaelangelo, goodbye Henry Ford and brother Wright, Edison and Tesla, so long Heston and Kittinger and good riddance to any and all future parasites and bacterias of their kind...

thats a great point. and one that i could surely tear apart with any wild and apparently conceited humanity cursing improvised ethic that even in my own head has its own counter argument.
 but why would i bother?
 if i share my most pesimistic thoughts in a somewhat related discusion that is a great freedom we all have and one i wholeheartedly enjoy taking advantage of...once. if i was to go on and persue the topic indefinitely i would become a fanatic. worse than that if i instanty convert i become a fake, or a sheep.
 Far worse than either would be that i try and break down your realistic argument and force you to agree with my realistic argument. to atempt to crush the greatness you see in these subjects would be a crime unfathomable by our human laws and justice.

We can all disarm ourselves and let the smarts of the teeming masses of average people that brought us GWB and Clinton, Clinton and Giuliani and countless others, make our choices for us the same way being unarmed allows anyone below the average thug's physical prowess and criminal street smarts to be thoroughly abused by said thugs...

yes, like i said 'all the other real lifeforms'. human's are scared to live by nature's laws? of course. pathetic self centered spieces that negates the natural physical progresion embraced by practicaly every other lifeform on the planet.

clearly when the first 'intelligent' physical weakling rolled some rocks off a cliff onto a pack of physicaly dominant speceimens just because they didnt give him as much meat.... it was one small self centered step for man, one giant devolutionary leap for mankind.

and dude...that was a really long time ago.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
overdrive thoughts cooled down now and dropped from critical mass it all became clear.

that weakling caveman who killed the others...

can anyone think who that lifeform relates to for our original thread topic?

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2008, 02:46:10 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Flung poo could be a weapon  

I'll give up my poo when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Why is it that these mass shootings always (or nearly always) happen in places that do not allow guns? Places such as schools, the mall in Omaha etc.

Could it be that these shooters know there will be no opposition for at least a few minutes until the police can arrive?

Why don't we see mass shootings at places where people are likely to have guns? The gun range is actually a good example of this. Could it be that the shooter realizes he might not be able to complete his goals (whatever they might be) before his death?

I agree that it would be best to have classrooms where students don't have to fear anything. Classrooms where students don't have to fear a crazed gunman.

Far to often these days some lunatic comes to the conclusion that it is time to end his own life and to take as many folks with him as possible. The best place to do this is in a gun free zone simply because no one will be in a position to stop the lunatic.

My proposal to protect our students is to remove the gun free zones from our schools. Allow CCW holders to carry their weapons on campus. Based on crime statistics from states that allow CCW I think it's a pretty safe bet that these types of shootings will become far less common and may stop completely.

For those that disagree with allowing CCW or guns of any kind on a campus, what is YOUR proposal to protect our students?
You wanna know why they usually choose a school, it because thats the source of whatever the precived problem in there life is, it's not like they just up and decide one day that they want to kill people then die and just randomly pick a school to do it in, for them it's either the school itself or the students within that they see as the ones causing the problem in their life, they don't choose to kill people at the school just because they know that no one there has a gun.  Allowing certain people to have a CCW isn't going to stop them from going through with their plans, for them more often then not they are anger at those students or the school itself and they want to take out their anger on them.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »
Interesting.

You throw out a bet (thinking no one will question your "fact")

Someone shows interest in researching your "fact".

You state that you will not pay up if your "fact" is found to be wrong.

You defend this by assuming that if you had been right the person challenging you would not pay up.

Class. :aok
I really don't think anyone on this BBS would have taken B@tfinkV's bet serious.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
I really don't think anyone on this BBS would have taken B@tfinkV's bet serious.

Apparently he did because he stated he would not pay if found to be wrong when his rhetoric was challenged.

Anything else you care to add to this discussion?

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »
jesus christ donzo if you're gunna be that shallow considering the subject matter of the thread then go play in the kiddy pool.

if you forget your gambling habits for a min and look closer you can see we have created a legitimate theory for why we can blame cavemen for the public shootings, and possibly all war on this planet.

then entire history and missery of human conflict and destruction is infact not our fault. its Thag's from 4000bc.

and you care about $100 bet that you probably would have lost and not paid. this is history before your very eyes sir please take a seat.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
Well you can take it up with him, but I highly doubt he was seriously saying he was gonna give anyone a $100 if he was found wrong, but if you took him serious then you can take it up with him.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
I thought it was an interesting suggestion, except there are problems with the question/bet,...  All gun ranges against 1 Seaworld site?   Or All gun ranges VS all Large Outdoor amusment parks (Seaworlds, Six Flags, ext) its still a bit lopsided but I gut tells me more people have been shot at amusement parks than at gun ranges (exception for accidental discharges, which can happen at gun ranges but if safety procedures are followed..)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2008, 03:23:15 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
jesus christ donzo if you're gunna be that shallow considering the subject matter of the thread then go play in the kiddy pool.

if you forget your gambling habits for a min and look closer you can see we have created a legitimate theory for why we can blame cavemen for the public shootings, and possibly all war on this planet.

then entire history and missery of human conflict and destruction is infact not our fault. its Thag's from 4000bc.

and you care about $100 bet that you probably would have lost and not paid. this is history before your very eyes sir please take a seat.

I could care less about the bet.  The point I was making was how you were just throwing made up statistics out there in support of your point.  When challenged you back-peddled.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »
I could care less about the bet.  The point I was making was how you were just throwing made up statistics out there in support of your point.  When challenged you back-peddled.
You take things way to literally, I doubt he actually meant that he went out and looked up these statistics about people being killed at Sea World compared to gun ranges, he was just throwing out an example.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »

ah, i must appologise then, i didnt realise that was your agenda. there was me thinking you were really going to look..

..indeed sir i am in your debt here on. i never would have noticed the back pedal without your quick thinking.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2008, 04:05:23 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
ah, i must appologise then, i didnt realise that was your agenda. there was me thinking you were really going to look..

..indeed sir i am in your debt here on. i never would have noticed the back pedal without your quick thinking.
:rofl

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2008, 04:12:19 PM »
You wanna know why they usually choose a school, it because thats the source of whatever the precived problem in there life is, it's not like they just up and decide one day that they want to kill people then die and just randomly pick a school to do it in, for them it's either the school itself or the students within that they see as the ones causing the problem in their life, they don't choose to kill people at the school just because they know that no one there has a gun.  Allowing certain people to have a CCW isn't going to stop them from going through with their plans, for them more often then not they are anger at those students or the school itself and they want to take out their anger on them.

That may be true, but it does not consider that it never happens in gun rich environments.  To think that difficult life only exists in schools, or in gun free zones is just lunacy.  

People perceive problems everywhere.  Yet we still get back to the point of:

THERE ARE NO MASSACRES IN GUN RICH ENVIRONMENTS!
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »

For some instances this is correct. Columbine shooting is a perfect example. What about an adult that goes to an elementary school for his killing spree then suicide? That has happened as well.

You don't know that allowing folks with CCW to carry on campus won't stop people from thinking twice about going on a killing spree. Statistics from states w/ CCW show fairly dramatic decreases in violent crime rates.

In a perfect world school shootings wouldn't be an issue, but we both know that we don't live in a perfect world.

I'll ask again, what is your solution/plan to help deter this sort of thing?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.