Author Topic: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)  (Read 8624 times)

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
Re: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »
I don't think there is anyone who can give a legit argument that vulching is more fun that actually fighting.

I can. I think it's just as fun, and that is my opinion. I base it on the fact that I have a big smile on my face that I just strafed a guy down who obviously SAW me over the field, and decided to try to take off anyway. It's the same smile I have when I come down on your six from 20K, open up while screaming 'surprise!!!' and see you explode.
If I'm the field, if I have ammo and I have a joystick, why would you try to take off? Your not superman  :D wait till I leave or get distracted, possibly up in 2's or 3's at a time. Whatever. Think of something.

I like vulching for moments such as this.

Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2008, 05:26:38 PM »
I can. I think it's just as fun, and that is my opinion. I base it on the fact that I have a big smile on my face that I just strafed a guy down who obviously SAW me over the field, and decided to try to take off anyway. It's the same smile I have when I come down on your six from 20K, open up while screaming 'surprise!!!' and see you explode.
If I'm the field, if I have ammo and I have a joystick, why would you try to take off? Your not superman  :D wait till I leave or get distracted, possibly up in 2's or 3's at a time. Whatever. Think of something.

I like vulching for moments such as this.

All this does is show your nothing more than a toolsheddin cannon fodder. Translation: Dweeb  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
All this does is show your nothing more than a toolsheddin cannon fodder. Translation: Dweeb  :aok

LOL, if having fun in my own way makes me a dweeb, I can live with that :lol
<<S>>
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2008, 05:33:35 PM »
Isn't that the point, to give incentive to actually fight? I thought fighting was what this game was based on, granted land grabing is a imporant factor, but shouldn't the land grab requre a fight?

I would hate to use the word "require", because even still, there will possibly be fightless captures. For example, during off-peak hours, if the defending team is already overwhelmed elsewhere, if the defensive team fails to react in time, etc. But, it would certainly cause a successful capture to be the direct result of winning an actual fight 75%+ of the time which beats the hell out of the 10% we have now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 05:47:24 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2008, 05:40:56 PM »
I do not think this idea will be implemented simply because

A) - It won't increase the fun in gameplay, only increase the learning curve.
B) - Will piss some people off, including people like myself. I like vulching!  :furious
C) - Will have little affect on hording.

Do you really think the bishops will stop hording over this? I don't think so  :D

How would this stop you from vulching? You will still be able to vulch till your heart is content and hell you might even get more vulching in because more players might be willing to up under a vulch condition. The only diffrence is the pre 30 second vulches wont count toward your score.

So you would have to make the choice between pulling wings off flies gaining no score/perks or waiting 30 seconds to be able to get score for the kill. The choice would be in your hands.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »
I would hate to use the word "require", because even still, there will possibly be fightless captures. For example, during off-peak hours, if a team is already overwhelmed elsewhere, if the defensive team fails to react in time, etc. But, it would certainly cause a successful capture to be the direct result of winning an actual fight 75%+ of the time...

hehe.. I don't mean require as in a rule.. but rather maybe "start" or "develop" a fight in the process of the land grab. Meaning if one wants to land grab, they "should" reasonably expect to have to fight for it rather than continue down the path or NOE and hoard base captures that we find our selves in the mist of today.
"strafing"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2008, 05:51:36 PM »
you know whats sad?
San you cant even vulch right...you rammed a guy while vulching...good lord boy...get it together

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »
This would actually improve the public opinion of milk-horders. As it is now they are about as popular as crabs, vaginal warts and the Clap on a hot summer's day. If we returned to the era where a good mission was almsot always met by stiff defense, then the successful mission horde types would have a real feather in their cap. They will have actually accomplished something that couldn't have been done just as well...offline..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 06:00:03 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2008, 05:51:51 PM »
How would this stop you from vulching? You will still be able to vulch till your heart is content and hell you might even get more vulching in because more players might be willing to up under a vulch condition. The only diffrence is the pre 30 second vulches wont count toward your score.

So you would have to make the choice between pulling wings off flies gaining no score/perks or waiting 30 seconds to be able to get score for the kill. The choice would be in your hands.

I hope you understand that I purposely put myself in the shoes of the opposing party.  ;)
I think this thread has a lot of merit because you've argued your point very well. So did zazen. It was kept civil from your part, I hope you can say the same thing from mine. Even though my language was not as eloquent. All in all this has been the most civil thread I think I participated in, other than getting called a dweeb by Bi   :eek:
I stick with my guns thought.
A big <<S>> to you crocket and zazen
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »
you know whats sad?
San you cant even vulch right...you rammed a guy while vulching...good lord boy...get it together

Sorry Bi I know your jelous of my 18 killzzzzz.
Stop making it so obvious!
You know what I think is sad? You didn't look carefully enough to see that I was rammed, not the other way around.
Jeeeez Bi, get it together! Your better than that :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 05:54:19 PM by saantana »
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
ah hell come on now...you were the one vulching them. Post film so i can see  :devil
no more hijack this thread

On to this topic
Still think its a great idea Straf <S>

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2008, 05:58:52 PM »
I think this thread has a lot of merit because you've argued your point very well. So did zazen. It was kept civil from your part, I hope you can say the same thing from mine. Even though my language was not as eloquent. All in all this has been the most civil thread I think I participated in,

:salute This is how you improve a community based game developed by a small shop like HTC. I wasn't born being able to express myself well, it comes from a lot of practice, reading and thinking about other's equally valid ideas...;)
I too am impressed with the civility of this thread, especially since HiTech joined in. I was so sure this was going to be, "Doe in heat" musk, attracting the "thread stalking" flamers from 100 miles away.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »
Here's my problem with the idea.

Thirty seconds won't get you off the runway with enough E to maunerver.  You'll still get whacked just off the runway.

So, after a few months of that, people will be in here wanting the time to be 60 seconds, etc.

Then maybe somebody will have the idea that it should be altitude related.  

It's a slippery slope.

The solution really is to up from a different field and attack the vulchers at altitude, in force if need be.  Good old fashioned fighter sweeps can be a lot of fun.

All that said, I would be somewhat more supportive of either increasing the amount of ord needed to take a VH down, or better yet, add a second VH to airfields to make it just a little harder to take the wirbels out of the picture.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »
I hope you understand that I purposely put myself in the shoes of the opposing party.  ;)
I think this thread has a lot of merit because you've argued your point very well. So did zazen. It was kept civil from your part, I hope you can say the same thing from mine. Even though my language was not as eloquent. All in all this has been the most civil thread I think I participated in, other than getting called a dweeb by Bi   :eek:
I stick with my guns thought.

Oh don't worry, I've had my time in the past of doing my share of vulching and I've even threatened to modify my anti vulch policy to allow for vulching Niki's..  :lol  I would say I was more of the sadistic wanting to pull wings off flies kind of vulcher but eventually I realised vulching takes away from the fight.

I remember in the past even in my short two years, that vulching was kinda like the cherry on top of the cake that came after you beat the enemy back. Now days people are more interested in the cherry rather than enjoying the cake first.

oh and <<S>>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 06:02:40 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »
Here's my problem with the idea.

Thirty seconds won't get you off the runway with enough E to maunerver.  You'll still get whacked just off the runway.

Are you sure about that? I tried it...I got up and turned (lazily) 90 degrees.