Author Topic: Bar dar  (Read 4821 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Bar dar
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »
We had it I loved it...there was much whine. :aok

The "majority" hated it.

It disapeared.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »
The "majority" hated it.

It disapeared.

Why, because they could not longer attack undefended bases?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »
With the new (well not so new) fad of horde noe avoiding the fight base taking. I say remove the minimum alt requirement for bar dar. At least make it show when x amount of ac are in a sector.

That is what this game is about.. the fight....not on how to avoid it.

Noe's are the same tactic as Frogman and SPEC OPS use, sneak in undetected, yet the game gives you a means of detecting them with the base flashing.... Now you want a dar bar to make it easier for you to defend.   :cry

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 11:15:30 AM »
The horde monkey NOEers (majority) hated it.

It disapeared.
Fixed :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »
Noe's are the same tactic as Frogman and SPEC OPS use, sneak in undetected, yet the game gives you a means of detecting them with the base flashing.... Now you want a dar bar to make it easier for you to defend.   :cry
Yea the use a division of spec ops to achieve their objective.
Sad :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »
Yea the use a division of spec ops to achieve their objective.
Sad :rofl

Effective is more like it.... :rock

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2008, 11:21:37 AM »
Effective is more like it.... :rock
Sad was in reference to you sad analogy....although it does reflect on your avoidance of cartoon combat also. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »
Sad was in reference to you sad analogy....although it does reflect on your avoidance of cartoon combat also. :aok

I am happy knowing that you are frustrated and are begging for a means to defend against something that can easily be defended against.  But you chose to rant and whine, typical of someone that cant fight when its not on your terms or just the way you want it.  Thats the whole meaning behind NOE's and other tactics, to keep you frustrated, and it works.  :lol

I have not needed to run an NOE in some time now, I have posted many missions at ALT and taken the base because of frustration like yours, your too easy. 

Your complaint is mostley about EW not the others anyway.  So, you can rationalize any way you chose, but your still the one whining.   :lol 

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2008, 11:44:16 AM »
Try reading this again slowly. I suggest you get a dictionary for bigger words.
Killjoy: Element of surprise, while sounding great from an offensive mode, create big problems for actual game play.

Think of it this way, if the element of surprise is so overwellming that there is no way to defend against, then that is the path of least resistance, and hence will become the primary mode of attack. That is the state of affairs as it stood previously with big maps.

Now there are NOE raids that do not cause this, I.E. NOE raids to acheive  singular objectives, I.E. hitting cities, factories, possibly 1 open field deep in enemy territory. But if all objectives can be taken by NOE raids, IT creates non defensible game play.

2nd it easy to say, well people should just defend then. Think about what it really takes to defend against NOE raids, and do you really want to do that defense.

To defend successfully at NOE raids, you need more than 1 player.
2nd to defend against them you have to sit in the tower, waiting for the base to flash, and then up soon as it does.
Does that defense sound fun to you ? I.E. do you really want to just wait in tower for something that might or might not occur? Sure if you new a NOE mission was otw, but didn't know where it might be fun. But not where you don't even know if one is going to occur.

Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture.

HiTech

Keep avoiding the combat...it's what your best at. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »

isnt it that what you want......cartoon combat??!!

cu chris3

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
isnt it that what you want......cartoon combat??!!

cu chris3
Horde noe is all about avoiding combat... or do you not understand "the path of least resistance."?
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
Look here donkey, no it isnt.
There is a time and a place for NOE's and when its used correctley will and has dispersed the hordes that are defending or attacking bases.

You stated that you saw NOE's regurlarly in the EW, cant speak for that.  But they are used in the LW and are defended against by some known adversaries.  I rarely see 25-30 guys in NOE's much less that many in the EW arena, more often than not they are 10=15 in an NOE. 

Either way they can be defended against.  You dont have to sit in a tower to wait for a blinking base, you can still fly and keep an eye, or in your case an ear, on the game. 

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2008, 12:21:16 PM »
It's in all arenas late war is just a bigger horde..but you of all people know that. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
It's in all arenas late war is just a bigger horde..but you of all people know that. :aok

and more defenders, but you wouldnt know that..... :aok

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »
and more defenders, but you wouldnt know that..... :aok
Yes everyone bail from what they are doing to stop you and your flying horde monkeys....or better yet sit in the tower waiting for a base to flash.

I guess HT needed to use smaller word in the quoted post you failed to comprehend. But that is to be expected from a horde monkey. :aok
See Rule #4