Author Topic: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker  (Read 7146 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Re: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2009, 09:56:10 AM »
"Is that really necessary? We're just sharing opinions here."

Just ignore tourrette 'tards like him.  They shoot off like a champagne
cork in topics such as this.  

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »
First, remember, HTC doesn't care WHERE you fly. Early war, mid war, late war, AvA, DA, TA or WWI arena. As long as your having a good time, and keeping your acct active they are happy.
Simply stated more options means more happy customers, as your drawing from a bigger base.
Adding WWI is just one more string for the bow, one more different thing that you can do.

If you were paying attention the last couple patch's there have been HUGE changes in foundation stuff. Changes that may not effect us for a bit, but that set the stage for everything that follows.

They will start testing those with the WWI planes first, as they have a nice small set, 4 birds, and they can dial in all the bells and whistles.

Once that is all set then the really big job is of upgrading all the WWII planes to the new damage model with 4x as many damage points. That one will take time. But its much easier to do most of your testing in a small arena, with  limited #'s of people, and only 4 planes. Then take what you learn from there and start putting it to work on the WWII planes.

The idea was also raised to have a once an "anything goes" arena where there would be no perked planes, or field capture, and all the evil con missions from the past could be flown and enjoyed.

Who wins, the Shark with laser beam or the super fokker?  :)

I don't know about you, but to me these are great and exciting times to be flying here in AH. Lots of new stuff constantly in the pipeline.

Attaboy HTC! Rock on!

Thanks for the heads-up Ghost!  I'm actually excited about the possibilities that we could have given to us.  I know... two weeks...roflol   
I think I'll be waiting for these changes but I really do think that HTC has turned the page this time!

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »
Most people agree, a WW1 planeset would benifit the entire community.

Shuffler, I simply do not share your opinion that HTC has been strained to provide the developement they have so far, and I do not believe adding a few planes from other eras will hurt anyone in this game anyway.  Yeah, I would like my Yak9 and B26 updated.  I am sure HTC has it scheduled for a future release (remember, the future is good).
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
Most people agree, a WW1 planeset would benifit the entire community.

Shuffler, I simply do not share your opinion that HTC has been strained to provide the developement they have so far, and I do not believe adding a few planes from other eras will hurt anyone in this game anyway.  Yeah, I would like my Yak9 and B26 updated.  I am sure HTC has it scheduled for a future release (remember, the future is good).

Most people?? Where do you get your info from. Please post it for us all to consume.

Well opinions vary. Let's see... last year at con there was an announcement that later was determined it would take too much manpower. So there is a definite limitation in resources. When your a small outfit, any.... and I do mean ANY, draw on manpower is an important issue. That is something I'm sure HT has thought about any time some new idea hits the mill. Hopefully this one will not negatively impact our WWII aircraft enjoyment.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
Here is the spec sheet for the Super Fokker :)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »
Lol Waffle. That's awesome. =)

I love the climb rate and secondary fuel especially. haha
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »
Waffle, you win.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »

Bwhahahahah! :rofl

But Waffle, how do you explain those pimped exhausts considering the rotary engine? Are they there just for looks like with the teenies driving around with those rediculous rear wings? :P
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline CVA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
I look forward to a WWI arena. I hope they do it. (no Spit 16 on my 6 anyway) It could be fun, even if they cut the early war arena to do it.
  USS AMERICA CVA-66 SHE LIVES FOREVER IN MY HEART

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
Fuel  ....  corn liquor   
 classic  :aok
:cheers:  Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
While the WW1 arena idea is interesting, to be fair, Air Warrior did it already. That, and a Korean Theater with F86's and Mig-15's.

While both were fun for a couple of hops, neither arena had any sort of population at any time past introduction.  Think early war arena, present day.  No matter which opinion you have, most people will end up back in the Late War arenas quickly, because of the amount of choice they have there.  Plane choices, Vehicle Choices, Fighter,Angles or BnZ,  Bomber, attack, defend,capture..you get the point....  I remember going into either arena in Air Warrior, and struggling to find another fight.  As well, remember that there were no "e-fighters" in WW1, so everyone is going to end up in the same "best turner" doing the same thing.....

I'd be happy with or without this arena.  Whatever. I suspect it will run the very same course it did previously, under a community that was much tighter than our seasonal squeaker land.  At least it is something new, I hope it garners new subscriptions in some way.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »
While the WW1 arena idea is interesting, to be fair, Air Warrior did it already. That, and a Korean Theater with F86's and Mig-15's.

While both were fun for a couple of hops, neither arena had any sort of population at any time past introduction.  Think early war arena, present day.  No matter which opinion you have, most people will end up back in the Late War arenas quickly, because of the amount of choice they have there.  Plane choices, Vehicle Choices, Fighter,Angles or BnZ,  Bomber, attack, defend,capture..you get the point....  I remember going into either arena in Air Warrior, and struggling to find another fight.  As well, remember that there were no "e-fighters" in WW1, so everyone is going to end up in the same "best turner" doing the same thing.....

I'd be happy with or without this arena.  Whatever. I suspect it will run the very same course it did previously, under a community that was much tighter than our seasonal squeaker land.  At least it is something new, I hope it garners new subscriptions in some way.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the WWI or Korean arenas in AW but took a flight there every now and then.  It seems to me there were always 10-20 people in the WWI arena.  I never had a problem finding a fight there but Korea was a little more sparse IIRC.

It was a BIG adjustment though hopping into those VERY fast turning bi-planes.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
Most people?? Where do you get your info from.
From reading this thread silly  :aok 

Just off the top it looks like 70% are either for or dont care, with 30% going for the thumbsdown.  A misguided 30% but hey...like has been said previously, HTC will do what they think is in their best interest.  Look for a WW1 arena soon lol
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »
  A misguided 30%

Maybe they just have a different opinion than you.

Is that a concept? that anyone who disagrees with you may not necessarily be wrong or misguided?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »
From reading this thread silly  :aok 

Just off the top it looks like 70% are either for or dont care, with 30% going for the thumbsdown.  A misguided 30% but hey...like has been said previously, HTC will do what they think is in their best interest.  Look for a WW1 arena soon lol
Reading through the thread the split is about 50/50 among people who have strong opinions and 50/50 among those who's opinions aren't strong.

Personally I really wish HTC would flesh out the WWII planeset to the point where we could run a multitude of scenarios without a host of substitutes, (really the only ones we don't have many subs for are 43-45 USAAF vs Luftwaffe), work on core game systems and polish the graphics, however I also think that the WWI arena will probably be fun.