Author Topic: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang  (Read 3475 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Re: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »
Chit Skuzzy, when you aren't tripping over server cords, you damn well know your Ford engines!    :rock
Quit kissing his bum.He may know IT and blocks but does he know the average flying speed of an unladen swallow? No he does not.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
Quit kissing his bum.He may know IT and blocks but does he know the average flying speed of an unladen swallow? No he does not.

:aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »
African or European?
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2010, 11:44:35 AM »
On a good day, Ford was replacing 25,000 engines a day under warranty.  It continued until they stopped using those motors.  All of them were spinning rod and main inserts.
You mean I could have gotten a "better engine" under warranty if I had blown the one I had? If they were replacing them with C's I probably would not have cried too much. Like I said, the one I had performed very well...especially after I replaced the stock intake and carb...if I'm not totally mistaken, 78 was the year they were putting some Cleveland parts on the M's...could explain why I never had a break down...except for that p.o.s. starter everything else was fine.

You have to remember the heads for the Boss 429 were not designed nor made by Ford.  Ford contracted with AR for the head design and manufacturing.  Ford also contracted with Kar-Kraft for the final manufacturing of the engine and car.  Ford did not build nor design the Boss 429.  They had requirements for it and that was the design goal.
Yes sir I do remember those funny lookin heads and the reviews by some of the car mags...I had the entire top end reworked employing some tricks I learned hanging out at the race tracks right after I bought the car...changed the gear ratios a bit and...the tires got a bit expensive but the only street legal car I couldn't touch was a 57 BelAir 2 door that had a modified 454 under the hood...found it cruising in Grand Junction on a Saturday night and under estimated...$200 down on that one.

i had an f150 wth the 351/400m in it. it sucked. just as i was warned it would.

my chevy pickup with a smallblock 400 kicked its bellybutton easily. the ford couldn't break a single tier loose...it had open diffs....the chevy? easily lit em all up........

i love my fords, but i know enough about the 351/400 series to know they suck.
I guess I've been doing something right then...had more trouble out of a Ford 360 than the 351 ever had...actually blew the 360 around 60k miles...replaced it with a rebuilt 428CJ bored .30 over...that engine spoiled me.

Damn, remembering all the vehicles I've gone through...5 Fords, 4 Chevy's, 1 Olds, 2 Pontiac, 1 Buick, 2 Dodge, 2 Nissan's...wasted money and effort. Only 1 Mustang in the bunch...haven't seen one since that I could either afford or want to spend the money on.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
You mean I could have gotten a "better engine" under warranty if I had blown the one I had? If they were replacing them with C's I probably would not have cried too much. Like I said, the one I had performed very well...especially after I replaced the stock intake and carb...if I'm not totally mistaken, 78 was the year they were putting some Cleveland parts on the M's...could explain why I never had a break down...except for that p.o.s. starter everything else was fine.

Yes sir I do remember those funny lookin heads and the reviews by some of the car mags...I had the entire top end reworked employing some tricks I learned hanging out at the race tracks right after I bought the car...changed the gear ratios a bit and...the tires got a bit expensive but the only street legal car I couldn't touch was a 57 BelAir 2 door that had a modified 454 under the hood...found it cruising in Grand Junction on a Saturday night and under estimated...$200 down on that one.

I guess I've been doing something right then...had more trouble out of a Ford 360 than the 351 ever had...actually blew the 360 around 60k miles...replaced it with a rebuilt 428CJ bored .30 over...that engine spoiled me.

Damn, remembering all the vehicles I've gone through...5 Fords, 4 Chevy's, 1 Olds, 2 Pontiac, 1 Buick, 2 Dodge, 2 Nissan's...wasted money and effort. Only 1 Mustang in the bunch...haven't seen one since that I could either afford or want to spend the money on.

i've never owned a ford 360. with the exception of that 351/400m, my 69 couger, and my 64 galaxy500, all of my fords have been smallblocks. i should note, that my 69 couger with a 351C and one of fords worst trannys....the fmx......was a much better performer.

a buddy of mine has had fords all his life....had galaxies with 427 medium, and low risers in them, he had one with a 352 police interceptor, had fairlanes with big and small blocks......and he almost got his hands on a thunderbolt........he was pissed when that deal fell through.

i like em all......i just have a preference for fords.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
That is an odd one CAP.  The 63-64 Galaxy 500's normally came with the 352 FE blocked engine.  I have never seen one with a small block.  That would be a very rare car.  Probably worth a bit of money today.

A girl I knew in high school had a 64 Galaxy with the 427 side oiler in it, twin 4 bbls.  Was that car a rocket.

gyrene, the Bronco never got a 'C' engine.  They got the 302/351W engines when Ford killed the 'M's.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2010, 01:12:48 PM »
That is an odd one CAP.  The 63-64 Galaxy 500's normally came with the 352 FE blocked engine.  I have never seen one with a small block.  That would be a very rare car.  Probably worth a bit of money today.

A girl I knew in high school had a 64 Galaxy with the 427 side oiler in it, twin 4 bbls.  Was that car a rocket.

gyrene, the Bronco never got a 'C' engine.  They got the 302/351W engines when Ford killed the 'M's.

my 64 had the 352 in it..........and was a convertible.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
my 64 had the 352 in it..........and was a convertible.

Ok, I thought you said small block.  A 64 Galaxy convertible got auctioned off for $89,000.00 at the last show I attended in Austin.  It was blue.  Immaculate condition.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
Ok, I thought you said small block.  A 64 Galaxy convertible got auctioned off for $89,000.00 at the last show I attended in Austin.  It was blue.  Immaculate condition.

sonofabiach!!

i shoulda kept mine.

i started restoring it, and an old guy came by one day with cash in hand, and offered me enough that i let it go. it wasn't that much though!!

mine was light blue, with dark blue top.

i kinda miss that car.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
Wurzel..  30k and lookin for a bit of performance in SoCal = C5 corvette.

Unless you need more than a two seater :)

As for buyin a car in the US, probably similar to where you are .. money talks.

You can search Autotrader.com or any number of other sites for what you want in a certain radius.

Actual procedure is to get the value from Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book, and dont let the salesman BS you if you're workin with a dealer.

They invariably trot out a first price offer that will test how gullible you are.
Show them the printout, ask them if they want to sell the car today or indulge in high fantasy, and walk out if anything doesn't seem right.
There are other cars ..no need to get reamed :)

-GE aka Frank
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »
Grayeagle, Copr, thanks guys - even tho I kinda sorta have my heart set on a dodge charger (yep, need more than 2 seats), will be taking a look once we (finally) get moved over. Would love a corvette mind, but dont think wife will go a bundle on only having 2 seats lol.....

Thanks again guys,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
Grayeagle, Copr, thanks guys - even tho I kinda sorta have my heart set on a dodge charger (yep, need more than 2 seats), will be taking a look once we (finally) get moved over. Would love a corvette mind, but dont think wife will go a bundle on only having 2 seats lol.....

Thanks again guys,

Wurzel

Let me know if you need any assistance with your purchase or servicing. I'm from Ford corporate and am here to help. I won't say anything about the rear end right now but, 400+ hp works, especially when you look at how the current GT does against the Camaro SS (see current issue of CD - Lightning Lap).

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »
If you want a great deal on a powerful sedan, take a test drive in a pontiac G8.  They are nice cars at a very low price compared to other similar vehicles.  You lose some features and need to make darn sure you don't get one of the few that are plagued by a "wobbly" steering wheel at highway speeds, but you simply can't beat the price.  For $30k (or a lot less if you find a low mileage used one) you get a great handling 4-door sedan with a 361hp or 400+hp LS series V8 engine.  You can't get a V6 accord for that price, all the dodge performance sedans cost a lot more if you get the packages with the hemi, and the ford taurus SHO will run you well over $47,000.

In exchange for the low price, you get a car that saw only 2.5 years of production and sometimes it takes a long time for parts to get shipped from Australia, especially if your dealer's parts department is staffed by idiots who don't know how to get parts for these cars.  If you can live with that, it's a great deal on a neat car.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.