Author Topic: Met A Fellow The Other Night  (Read 6866 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Met A Fellow The Other Night
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
Ah, the ol' "use alt-f4" and other such misinformation for new guys.  Duh huh, huh, huh!  What a knee slapper!  Thank god there are still people in the game who can withstand being looked down upon as childlike dullards in order to keep 5th grade alive for us all.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 06:37:16 PM »
    If you do this to someone on their first night, then you're a tool no matter how you try to disguise or
justify it.
Edit.

Define the word tool plz.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:10:18 PM by BiPoLaR »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
    If you do this to someone on their first night, then you're a tool no matter how you try to disguise or
justify it.

You're right.  I propose all First Nighters have a visible label showing they are First Nighters so evil vets will not make the mistake of thinking they are Second Nighters and haze them.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
WTG SloeHand.  :aok  :salute
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »
wtg.. :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 07:41:29 PM »
You're right.  I propose all First Nighters have a visible label showing they are First Nighters so evil vets will not make the mistake of thinking they are Second Nighters and haze them.

If only there were a good way to haze everyone including vets -- man, that would be great!

Granted, the "use alt-f4" works for quite a while.  Heck, I was falling for it for at least the first year I was on Aces High.  But we need something that keeps working.  Maybe harassing people on the radio with taunts like "You're a loser!" followed by "Heh, that's what a loser would say!" and then repeated replies of "says the loser."  Things like that?  I don't know.  I think we need to brainstorm it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:17:44 PM by Brooke »

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »
Being messed with as a newb is a part of Aces High and video games in general. My first tour I asked how do you select planes and some one said you type ".plane ###" and gave me the plane number for the C202 an said I had to earn better planes as I went along "It would let me know when I earned a new one." :rofl

So my first kill and my first tour were in the C202.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:53:45 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
Edit.

Define the word tool plz.

I agree.  I'm pretty sure the word "tool" is either totally made up or has so many meanings that you just can't tell what someone is saying when using that word.  For example, I typed "tool" into Google, and something about a musical group came up.  What does a musical group have to do with all of this?  Maybe he meant to have an "s" in front of it.  I think I saw a spare "s" lingering around somewhere in one of these posts as if it were unintentionally detatched from its intended home.  I could be wrong, though, as who knows what is going on once musical groups are involved.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:59:34 PM by Brooke »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
Being messed with as a newb is a part of Aces High and video game in general. My first tour I asked how do you select planes and some one said you type ".plane ###" and gave me the plane number for the C202 an said I had to earn better planes as I went along and It would let me know when I earned a new one. :rofl

So my first kill and my first tour were in the C202.

That's lame.  The C.202 is a decent plane.  He should have given you the B5N.

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »
HE works well on planes. You shoot the ground as he passes low over you on the way out.  :bolt:

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »
i had to learn or myself at first
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
I am a squeeker. If ANYONE tryies to pick on me I ask them to the DA, then once we get in the DA I choose the G-14 and show them that squeekers can kill thier elders. Also whenever we get a new recrute in our squad that doesn't really know the 109 I try to teach him the best I can. I only really ever fly rooks and nits, Normally I see that behavior from other countries, but occasslionaly I see it from nits. But never this bad.
                 wtg Slo ~S~
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2011, 03:08:34 PM »
I saw that event Slohand the other night and tried to offer help but there were too many guys offering purposefully bad advice.

I was glad to see him switch to another color and hope he stays long enough to put it to the guys who gave him the bad advice.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
I tried out ww2ol once, and was new and asking newbie questions, and the funny thing is, when I spawned far away from the battle, someone instantly told me that I could get into the action, and proceded to get  people on the country channel to help find me some combat, I asked some questions in there too, the funny thing is, that none of the answers I got were alt F4, they were more like, here ... is what you need to do, and this is what you do to do it, if you have any questions, pm me or anyone from my squad any time and we will help you...

now I know there are lots of people in AH that do this, but as a whole community I was shocked to see how civilised everyone was, instead of all the folks who's attitude it "HTC sucks for not adding ... into the game" it was more like, " hey guys, wouldnt it be cool if we ever got .... " maybe one day when everybody (including myself) can act like this AH will take off and become a real internet sensation like it deservs to be,

( on a side note, remove the abillity for players on different countrys to talk to each other, it will help a bunch!!!)
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 06:50:57 PM »
 :salute Sloehand  :salute

I get sick and tired of seeing the "Alt-F4" from folks.....I am sure that it turns quite a few new folks away from the game.  Think about it, what purpose does it serve to tell someone this?  It creates frustration AND really serves to hurt the community as a whole.

Perhaps when this occurs, the person that gives the "Alt-F4" advice should be muted for a bit.

Just a thought....