Author Topic: KI-84  (Read 19043 times)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: KI-84
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2011, 07:51:38 PM »
Krusty has been my main source of entertainment throughout...mostly because he needs this game to be absolutely visually realistic... Even though this IS an online game...that shouldn't be taken seriously. (Or at least to the extent that Krusty takes it to.)

Speaking to Krusty now...

Have you ever seen the skins of the P-51s in racing colors? Or the Easter eggs within the various planes, such as the lyrics to Superfly in the cockpit of the C-47, or the "Rinse and repeat" in the tail turret of the B-29? Granted, this is dedicated to realism, but not so much as to make it stuffy, and limiting how much fun one can have with the various aspects of the game. (*AHEM* skinning!!!)

If you don't like this amazing skin that Ink has created for the Ki-84, then DON'T USE IT! It's not that complicated! It's the same as all of those nameless posters who complain bout the fact that you can see what model of plane the enemy is flying from 3-5k away. If they don't like that, they can just turn it off.

I'm done.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:12:04 PM by B-17 »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
This has been rather amusing to read.  :)

Hardly.   Someone new to skinning gets blasted for contributing to the Community.   It's pure kiddie-car BS.

Lesson learned for the "Veterans":

It is better to take Ink under your wing and merely say: "Ink you might want to try this, lighten this area, darken this, blotch here, do that with the etc."    Most did just that, rather than to take the tunnel below the low road and say: "Ink you lifted someone's work and these are not even of historical accuracy to put into the game."    Especially some playing the role of "Former IJAAF Ground Crew member".  

Ink never said: "Well boys, here is the final product!"    This is/was/has been a work in progress.   It looks damn good and now that some have their panties in a twist, I hope he continues it.    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »
Read Jay's post Krusty. Twice.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2011, 09:05:11 PM »
Hardly.   Someone new to skinning gets blasted for contributing to the Community.   It's pure kiddie-car BS.

Lesson learned for the "Veterans":

It is better to take Ink under your wing and merely say: "Ink you might want to try this, lighten this area, darken this, blotch here, do that with the etc."    Most did just that, rather than to take the tunnel below the low road and say: "Ink you lifted someone's work and these are not even of historical accuracy to put into the game."    Especially some playing the role of "Former IJAAF Ground Crew member".  

Ink never said: "Well boys, here is the final product!"    This is/was/has been a work in progress.   It looks damn good and now that some have their panties in a twist, I hope he continues it.    

whats funny is it is a real skin :rolleyes:

and I have not changed that :rofl

if you look at the,last one in line, you can see obvious wear and peeling, even on the red circle that is NEVER in bad wear as krusty says :rofl

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »
No high horse here.
Low horse?

This has been rather amusing to read.  :)

Someone is setting a record and trying to dig an online tunnel to, China.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
Joe, your insight in the matter at hand is about as deep as a teaspoon. You don't know what you're talking about.
If this is aimed at me...I was asking a legit question I did not know
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »

It's his time of the month, Joachim, don't sweat it man.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2011, 05:38:13 AM »

He was talking to EskimoJoe. Nobody would talk to you like that!  :angel:

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
He was talking to EskimoJoe. Nobody would talk to you like that!  :angel:
Ooo ok  :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2011, 08:00:43 AM »
Ink I just saw this thread.

First off your skin is already better than many. Your detail is really good especially for a first skin.

I interpreted the weathering as 'almost' to bear metal but not all the way down to bear metal.

The weathering on the high spots looks cool too.

For a first skin your already off to a great start. Its obvious you have a true artistic eye.

Some guys have no artistic ability but espouse as if they are experts on these forums, when there work at best is flat, sterile, and mediocre.

If you stick with skinning based on what you have produced as a first skin, in no time, if not already, your work will surpass theirs.

Keep it up! If I can help in any way just PM me.
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
Ink I just saw this thread.

First off your skin is already better than many. Your detail is really good especially for a first skin.

I interpreted the weathering as 'almost' to bear metal but not all the way down to bear metal.

The weathering on the high spots looks cool too.

For a first skin your already off to a great start. Its obvious you have a true artistic eye.

Some guys have no artistic ability but espouse as if they are experts on these forums, when there work at best is flat, sterile, and mediocre.

If you stick with skinning based on what you have produced as a first skin, in no time, if not already, your work will surpass theirs.

Keep it up! If I can help in any way just PM me.

thank you very much :salute

coming soon~ a finished skin of the 58th Shimbu Tai :t

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2011, 05:51:45 AM »
as I promised.....

what I think may be a finished skin :headscratch:

I know it's not perfect and some may say "oh too much weathering" well I like the idea Of it being heavily weathered, in other words "battle Hardened"....... :neener:

I have seen many a KI that were heavily weathered and I just like this look a lot better.

so good or bad let me hear what you think..... :old:

plus I included the BMP/text needed to check it out offline.

http://dasmuppets.com/public/INK/KI84.txt
http://dasmuppets.com/public/INK/ki841.bmp

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2011, 06:06:57 AM »
as I promised.....

what I think may be a finished skin :headscratch:

I know it's not perfect and some may say "oh too much weathering" well I like the idea Of it being heavily weathered, in other words "battle Hardened"....... :neener:

I have seen many a KI that were heavily weathered and I just like this look a lot better.

so good or bad let me hear what you think..... :old:

plus I included the BMP/text needed to check it out offline.

http://dasmuppets.com/public/INK/KI84.txt
http://dasmuppets.com/public/INK/ki841.bmp

(Image removed from quote.)

i personally think the weathering is a little over-done. especially on the tail.

you should make the skull&crossbones a little more clearer. Its the coolest part of that skin, but you can barely see it because of the weathering covering.

just my opinion.  :salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »
Nice job!     I like the underside as well.   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »
Ink, just my opinion:
the belly is beautiful. But the top is a step back from the previous model. I guess you pulled the brake on your fantasy and made it after that photo.
In the other hand its ready to be an in-game skin  :aok
AoM
City of ice