Author Topic: HardCore  (Read 4334 times)

Offline matt

• Silver Member
Re: HardCore
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:57 AM »
extra-hard core = 1 life per month.

that should work well.  :aok

raise the price to $100/ month as well. super hardcore.

:rofl

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
Really, "sissys"?  Why do so many of the posts about the AvA toss around nonsense like this?

By leading off with immature junk like that, whatever else you might say is very easy to dismiss.

I've never been exposed to the arenas where no icons are the format. Yes I have been playing for four months. Yes it was "immature junk" but also I was trying to be funny, cus I know ppl whine about no icons.....

You are correct however.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »
you cant ambush anyone in the AVA. because of the 'no enemy icons setting',  radar is full on so dot dar is alway running, whether radar is down or not. so if you get ambushed its because you weren't watching your 6.

I was trying to be funny, cus I know ppl whine about no icons.....

don't quit your day job, you're not that funny.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:02:25 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »
and yes, I do have a little experience in those settings.
I wasn't referring to settings and neither was he.  You missed the point.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:14:48 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
Now I'll address the post itself, lot's of misinformation here.

Yes, there is lots of misinformation going around. Most of it from the select few running and controlling the AvA. I'm sorry Jimson, but you have arbitrarily chosen a series of settings to artificially handicap yourselves, and then you claim because you have gamed the NEW game, that you are all better than anyone who doesn't care to fly under your settings.

I'm sorry, but the AvA is a sham. It's an egotistical playground for the AvA regulars. That is why you don't get any new players in there. Just like it was years ago, it's a private club. The club members have changed, and they changed the charter, but it's still the same thing.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »
Ok then, feel free to stay away from it and threads dealing with it and let people make up their own minds about it then.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:22:31 PM by jimson »

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
not a "club member" but I still like to fly there :rock

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Yes, there is lots of misinformation going around. Most of it from the select few running and controlling the AvA. I'm sorry Jimson, but you have arbitrarily chosen a series of settings to artificially handicap yourselves, and then you claim because you have gamed the NEW game, that you are all better than anyone who doesn't care to fly under your settings.

I'm sorry, but the AvA is a sham. It's an egotistical playground for the AvA regulars. That is why you don't get any new players in there. Just like it was years ago, it's a private club. The club members have changed, and they changed the charter, but it's still the same thing.

Wow Krusty just WOW  I dint thin you know what you're talking about. You have  problem with the staff and that's all there is to this  since your opinions  seem to be based solely on past grievances. Everytime a new player posts something about the AVA you go on this tirade it's time to move on let your wounds heal. I havent seen anything like what you rail agaist in the AVA in my short time there. I am not afrraid to call BS on your post as it is just nothing but hot head propoganda.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »
Everyone is still invited to come check it out and see if you like it. No club ID card required.

Let you in a little secret. No enemy icons isn't all that much different. You can pretty easily tell who the bad guys are by lack of icon. Realistic or not realistic, a lot of us think it just looks cool.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
And since Captain1ma let the cat out the bag  use your clipboard map as it will show you the general area the baddies are. Dont worry about the crowd that says better graphics give an edge as less resolution=bigger 'dots' that are the cons
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
anyone who says icons on is more realistic is...well.......wrong......

I have heard all the explanations...bla bla bla.....is all it is........there is no way a huge neon sign makes up for the lack of vision we have on a monitor.....it goes way beyond that....

no icons=easy to lose sight while fighting...... easy to sneak up on someone....
icons on=impossible to lose sight while fighting.... imposable to sneak up on someone using SA......

gee which one sounds more realistic........

cmon it aint rocket science  :rolleyes:

and never have I heard or got a feeling the AVA'ers were more elite or acted so....... :headscratch:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2012, 07:11:30 PM »
anyone who says icons on is more realistic is...well.......wrong......

and never have I heard or got a feeling the AVA'ers were more elite or acted so....... :headscratch:

Exatly, pilots will talk abuout losing sigth of a con, you shouldnt be able to instantly pick up a con(IMO)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:15:25 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »
All I'm willing to say is that it looks more realistic and cool. I know it's not realistic.

Look there are some who make elitist statements. I cringe when I hear them, but I know that some of them are just braggadocio, kind of challenging peoples ego to come check it out. I still don't like to hear that sort of thing, it just plays into the hands of the haters.

One thing for sure is that if a player only wants to fly late war hotrods they may not like the arena, because we often have clunky early planes but they will be up against early planes as well.

I like having to fly different planes all the time.

Helps keep me from ever becoming elite

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
ok guys, time to call it a day. the OP asked for a wish, the respondents put in their 2 cents, lets leave it at that. whats realistic to one, is not to another, so its pointless to argue what you feel is the right or wrong way. the AVA is what it is. the bashers never fly in there, so their opinions are what they are, good, bad or indifferent. continuing this thread and continuing this fruitless path is pointless, so lets just call it a day. those who are the experts at NOT flying the AVA will continue to be experts in their field. the rest of us should try it out when we get a chance, or go have fun with JETWEEK and take our leave from this thread.

thank you for having us. have a nice day!   :aok

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
Awww whats the big deal to each their own.

Some folks like icons, some folks don't, and some folks like it both ways. No need to criticise folks for wanting to try something different if they are boared with the Status quo.

Personally I like diversity and feel its closed minded to criticize folks for trying something new.

.... some are sour and closed minded, others are open minded and positive..... Its all in your attitude.... :)

Welcome those who are weak in faith, but not for the purpose of quarreling over opinions.  Some believe in eating anything, while the weak eat only vegetables.  Those who eat must not despise those who abstain, and those who abstain must not pass judgment on those who eat

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
- André Gide

“Whether you think you can, or think you can't,
you're probably right.”
- Henry Ford

The expert at anything was once a beginner.- Hayes

“I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else.- Dolly Parton

"Success is when persistence meets preparation."- Sherrilyn Kenyon

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:30:50 PM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi